+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Jai Rodriguez - Culture Vulture

Far From the Place I Love l2hdd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetKAngel
    Everybody who has the Butch episode on tape get it out and go to the part when Carson and Jai are looking at the boxer shorts.Carson says, "There must have been an accident because I see skid marks". When he is saying that, what the heck is Jai doing with the other pair of boxers? It looks pretty darn bizarre if you ask me!
    I just watched this episode again. The boxers have little stars on them that look like they should glow in the dark. I think Jai cups his hands around the fabric to block out light in order to see if the stars glow in the dark.

Pining for the Fab 5 the_shipper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by l2hdd
    I just watched this episode again. The boxers have little stars on them that look like they should glow in the dark. I think Jai cups his hands around the fabric to block out light in order to see if the stars glow in the dark.
    Aw...he's so cute, lol. *fangirl-y gushing*
    aka the Shameless Shipper, because I really am shameless.
    .clocke.saula.the yobling.sculder.chris-rita.aj-annalisa.spoon-ice.

Jai, Kyan, Carson and other blends at the art of being me

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by l2hdd
    I came up with the same theory when I was watching my tape of the show last night.

FYI: Jai is scheduled to be on E! News Live this Monday. Check your listings.

RYN
    thank god for Jai hes sooo cute! he's someone who you wouldnt want to see hurt because hes just so damn cute! lol
    Carson- Where'd you get this?
    John- Kmart
    Carson- Don't use that kind of language around me!

RYN

Carson- Where'd you get this?
    John- Kmart
    Carson- Don't use that kind of language around me!

Loserdork... and proud! ~*~Morgan~*~'s Avatar
    Oooh, those pics are yummy! Thanks for posting them! Also, I'll have to be sure and check out E! News Live tomorrow, thanks for the info!
    "If you want to sound like the biggest geek ever... say that again." ~ Thom Filicia

"I said walk, not march like a weird little troll!" ~ Carson Kressley

Ted Allen: Who's food are you eating?
    Jai Rodriguez: *with a full mouth* The straight people's...

FORT Newbie
    Jai was on E! News Live tonight, about 10 minutes before the show ended. He looked really cute, hair was different, not spiked up like he had it on Oprah. Guiliana and Patrick did the interview from LA. Jai is in NY.

They introduced him as the Culture Vulture, to which Jai kind of went, oh right and laughed. Me thinks he might be reading all the bad press out there on his role on the show. Evil journalists need to stop picking on Jai.

They talked about the Emmys and he had given Guiliana his number, but she won't call back and he did his "call me" gesture. And then he said, call a boy back (well, perhaps if I had your number I could call you back). Too cute!! She said they were so busy and she didn't want to call him in the middle of a waxing or something. Jai said, it's so crazy, so weird (about how busy he is). More talk about the Emmys, with Jai saying it was so surreal, fun and very cool. A little about meeting David Schwimmer (sp?), Sarah Jessica, Kim Catrell, amazing people and how weird to have people coming up to them. He pointed behind him, to Times Square, and said this is my world, NY/Broadway, I sing and dance and I'm not a Culture Vulture on the side. Being out in LA and part of the LA TV circuit was so nice, refreshing and people were so kind. Awwwwwww!!!

Jai explained the premise of Zanna, Don't, the music is kind of like Hairspray, Grease-ish, a little over the top like South Park, very cute and fun. He said it might be nice to have people stop him on the street now because they've heard the CD, people are surprised to learn that he sings. He said, that's what I really do. They talked about Rent and he sang a few bars from Seasons of Love, mostly because Patrick was saying some random number.

Jai said the QE success was pleasantly overwhelming and that SJP told them at the Emmys that she loved the show because of it's heart and compassion in dealing with the SG.

They brought up the one of them is not gay rumor and Jai goes, well, I didn't say nothing but, I did give my number to a certain E! correspondent. So they asked, is it you Jai. Then Guiliana says, well, it ain't Carson. Jai said everytime the 5 of them talk about it, Carson says you guys found out, now the wife and kids are going to find out. lol

They showed some clips of GMM and Jai said it was so much fun to work on and the cast was very talented (I'll take his word for it, lol). They were wrapping up and Jai did the "call me" gesture again, G and P joked that they were going to leave him a dirty message after the show. Jai said, buy the CD and bye. As the show was wrapping up, G actually called Jai's cell, to see if he had a pet frog (?), but he didn't answer. She was going to hold the phone up to her mic, to hear his message, but Patrick didn't think that was a good idea and then the show was over.

So, pretty nice interview. I think it repeats tomorrow. Jai looked adorable, if a little tired, and I felt the need to give him a hug. lol What is it about these guys that makes me want to hug them all the time?
    Last edited by Kyanatic; 10-06-2003 at 10:30 PM.

Thanks RYN for the pictures. Who know what was under that shirt? Thin yes, scrawny, no!

Thanks Kyanatic for that recap. It was excellent!

keep off guys jais mine

FORT Newbie

Jai Rodriguez...on broadway

[FONT=Century Gothic]Jai rodriguez is actually David Jai Rodriguez who was on Broadway..like Zanna (rymes with my name), dont! and Rent.. he also had a part in The New Guy... well i want to know if he's ever going to go back on broadway..if anyone could tell me please!! he is a great actor, dancer and singer.. I really really wanna see him again on broadway..

+ Reply to Thread