+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Jai Rodriguez - Culture Vulture

Quote Originally Posted by BorderEevil2
    He's gay enough the stereotypical scale? ....
    You haven't seen one of those scales? I think that I found one for SOME guys. I'm sure you are one of them.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by MelCho
    Geez - I hope that's true! The show would do just dandie without him there. You can't argue against the fact that Jai adds nothing to the show.......
    Absolutely agree!

Quote Originally Posted by jai_is_hot
    Is it true that Jai is being asked to leave the 'fab 5' because he is too boring? or not 'gay' enough or something?
    I heard it in a report on the radio recently and am checking if anyone has heard similar news or assurance that hes staying?
    THANKS!
    Where did that radio station hear this from? Was their source someone from Bravo or from an interview?

FORT Newbie

Jai

Jai does some really nice things for the "guys", he seems to have good contacts. I hope he stays. I only wish that Ted would just help the guy cook so that he only has to serve, garnish or heat up the food (and not leave it to him to try to do it after they have left). Inevitably, something gets forgotton, the clothes he was supposed to wear, the face or hair treatments. My wife and I love the show and get some really great laughs (the best statement was when one of the girlfriends gets off the train and one of the fab five said "there's a hooker in Trento looking for her boots").

i love jai. he and thom are actually my favorites, so i hope the rumor isn't true.

I hope it isn't true either? Besides, who would be there to assist Thom with all his miracles when the rest all take off?
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by BorderEevil2
    He's gay enough the stereotypical scale?
    A statement he's definately one of the boys then I do agree and assumptions in tatstes doesn't always mean you are gaaaay.
    I was not trying to insult anyone, sorry. They said he wasn't gay enough, which is a very stupid thing too say, but some (narrow-minded) people have this idea how a gay guy acts, and I was just pointing out that he does.
    I'm not sure, but maybe I said something grammatically incorrect, then sorry, but English isn't my first language.
    I alvays say that Jai's built like a kitten -Thom

Caring is sharing <3 carebear04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sher
    i love jai. he and thom are actually my favorites, so i hope the rumor isn't true.
    I agree. I think Jai's career advice/connections and relationship advice are a little more relevant in the long run than clothing or cooking tips though. I really hope this isn't true.

I agree that Jai is boring in most of his appearances, but at least part of the fault lies with the whole position of "The Culture Guy". The first guy who had that job had the same problem--his input either requires a "special" project other than a mere makeover, or infringing on Ted's job (which is already marginal--but Ted is such a GREAT personality that he makes so much out of so little time).

Still, they CAN'T be "The Fab Four", so I wonder what they'd do if Jai goes.

As for Jai's "connections", I'm not convinced that are all HIS connections, but I suppose having him positioned that way helped boost his role.

The whole "not gay enough" thing is silly, and I doubt true even if there is some creative difference, disatisfaction or whatever--from EITHER side. Ted is very, er... un-stereotypical... until he cracks a joke on the subject. Kyan occasionally puts on a macho act between body waxes, although certainly that is part of a certain range of stereotypes too. Thom can be pretty low-key. Over-the-top "gayness", or rather the lack of such, wouldn't seem to be an issue... otherwise they'd have insisted on having five versions of Carson.

If Jai leaves I'm going to die! But I'm sure that's not true at all! He helps with the straight mens personality come out more and helps them to be relaxed and proud of themselves!

+ Reply to Thread