+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Jai Rodriguez - Culture Vulture

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by BorderEevil2
    Which Album?

Are you talking about his own album?
    It is available online I THINK...I heard one of his songs...I LIKED IT!

The Broadway Album featuring Jai Zanna Don't is already in music stores
    oh ok, yeah i meant his actually singing album, i heard he brang out a song called " Love is good" is this the one you've heard.

MelCho
    Quote Originally Posted by tarworld
    I know I'll be in the minority here, but don't get me wrong - I'm a huge fan of the show - Thom and Carson are amazing. But Jai, I mean REALLY, he contributes so very little to the show. I remember one night watching both Saturday Night Live and MAD TV and both had sketches satirizing QEFTSG. Both made mocking comments to Jai being absolutely worthless. Frankly, I think he's only there for good looks (and even there Kyan may have him beat) but don't feel he has provided any of the straight guys deep, meaningful or relevant information that any of the other four couldn't have given. After seeing the special showing the taping of the Fab 5's music video, I couldn't help but think that this was all about Jai's dancing and attempting to launch his musical career. :rolleyes:

Please don't flame - I think Jai is a nice guy, handsome and outgoing and he deserves some success. I simply question him being on this particular show.
    I couldn't agree more. I am ALWAYS thinking that when I watch the shows. He adds absolutely nothing. If he was fired tomorrow, the show would still be fantastic. You wouldn't even notice his absence because he doesn't do anything! Maybe its the age thing - the other guys are older, more established in their careers, etc. They're way better-spoken than Jai too. He seems awkward and uneasy when he speaks to people (which is kinda weird considering he's into theatre). I mean, you can't even argue this point. The other guys are detrimental to the show:

CARSON - hysterical, very fashionable (OK some of his threads are pretty crazy, but he always makes the guy on the show look great) and quirky

KYAN - very knowledgable on skin/hair care products and MEGA EYE CANDY

THOM - extremely talented interior designer, makes the home/apt look like a million bucks in such a short amount of time (kinda reminds of me of a gay male version of Barbara Streisand just cuz the way he talks sometimes )

TED - another very knowledgable addition to the cast, well versed in the culinary scene, adds a sense of "seriousness" to the show

JAI - hmmmmmmmmmm........let me see.................uhhhhhh... ..........tells the guy how to be nice to his girl (i.e. how bout the one where he's giving the guy tips on how to propose - "just tell her how you truly feel....." ) Duh!!! Let's see, he gives free theatre tix to the guy or takes the guy to a jewelry store to buy a necklace.....come on :phhht Yes, his is cute, although I hate his new hairstyle this season. Again, I agree with the quote above - I just don't think he has a place in this show.

FORT Newbie

Is Jai to leave the fab five?

Is it true that Jai is being asked to leave the 'fab 5' because he is too boring? or not 'gay' enough or something?
    I heard it in a report on the radio recently and am checking if anyone has heard similar news or assurance that hes staying?
    THANKS!

MelCho
    Geez - I hope that's true! The show would do just dandie without him there. You can't argue against the fact that Jai adds nothing to the show.......

I don't really think thats true, if they thought that they would have fired him already.

He does something in the show. Not in all shows but still in some. He, for example helped Vince Taylor by giving him pointers on his performance, he got Kevin Downey jr. a spot at Carolines (connections people) And he taught Teresa salsa dancing (and tried to teach Ross Morissey too)
    And he is cute and nice too.
    I alvays say that Jai's built like a kitten -Thom

Whoa Whoa Whoa!!!
    Jai leaving? Well if he was allegged to have been boring then he would have been KICKED to the curb after Season 1. But yeah, Jai does come off as the wink link on some of the shows. Jai has been inputing MORE of his talents recently.....

Quote Originally Posted by jai_is_hot
    Is it true that Jai is being asked to leave the 'fab 5' because he is too boring? or not 'gay' enough or something?
    I heard it in a report on the radio recently and am checking if anyone has heard similar news or assurance that hes staying?
    THANKS!
    "not gay enough"? :rolleyes

Define "not gay enough.." :rolleyes how do you measure it?

Jai is deffenatly "gay enough" on the normal stereotypical scale. He's in theater, he is such a drama-queen sometimes (so cute) hot and funny.
    I agree that he is getting better.
    I alvays say that Jai's built like a kitten -Thom

Quote Originally Posted by kaya
    Jai is deffenatly "gay enough" on the normal stereotypical scale. He's in theater, he is such a drama-queen sometimes (so cute) hot and funny.
    I agree that he is getting better.

He's gay enough the stereotypical scale?
    A statement he's definately one of the boys then I do agree and assumptions in tatstes doesn't always mean you are gaaaay.

+ Reply to Thread