+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fab 5 Back on NBC, and on Leno (08/14)

Fab 5 Back on NBC, and on Leno (08/14)

THE 'FAB FIVE' ARE BACK ON NBC AS THIS SUMMER'S BREAKOUT TELEVISION HIT - BRAVO'S 'QUEER EYE FOR THE STRAIGHT GUY' – MAKES ITS SECOND APPEARANCE ON THURSDAY, AUGUST 14

Quintet Also to Appear on “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno” August 14 & 15

BURBANK, Calif. -- August 4, 2003 -- NBC will present a second installment of Bravo’s record-breaking summer series “Queer Eye for the Straight Guy” on Thursday, August 14 (9:30-10 p.m. ET) following “Will & Grace,” it was announced today by Jeff Zucker, President, NBC Entertainment. In addition, the “Fab Five” will make a guest appearance on “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno” on August 14 and give Jay Leno and the “Tonight Show” set a special makeover on August 15.

“In only three weeks, ‘Queer Eye’ has established itself as this summer’s runaway breakout hit,” said Zucker. “Its top ratings performances and growth each week proves that viewers are loving this hysterical and heart-warming show, and we’re thrilled to offer it a bigger platform.”

A 30-minute version of the series’ fourth hour-long episode - a condensed version of the July 29 (9-10 p.m. ET) episode on Bravo - features a little romance as the team helps restyle straight-guy John Bargeman who is preparing to propose to his girlfriend.

What’s more, the “Fab Five” will pay an after-hours visit to NBC’s “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno” (11:30 p.m.-12:35 a.m. ET) later that same night to discuss their show, and will return for a second appearance on Friday, August 15 to reveal a “Queer Eye” infused “Tonight Show.”

The network’s first 30-minute version of the series aired on July 24 following “Will & Grace” at 9:30 p.m. (ET) and maintained 86 percent of its lead-in, matching NBC’s second-highest rating in the slot in six weeks. “Queer Eye” was second for the night in 18-49 with a 3.2.

The third week of “Queer Eye for the Straight Guy” (10-11 p.m. ET) gave Bravo its highest-rated prime time adults 18-49 ratings in history. The series attracted 2.8 million total viewers; 2.1 million viewers in the adult 25-54 category, 2.1 million viewers in adults 18-49, and a 2.5 household rating. The stellar performance of “Queer Eye,” propelled the network to the #1 in adults 18-49 among all ad-supported cable networks from 8-11 p.m. ET last night.

Featured on the August 8 cover of Entertainment Weekly, “Queer Eye for the Straight Guy” follows the makeover exploits of the “Fab Five” - Ted Allen, Kyan Douglas, Thom Filicia, Carson Kressley and Jai Rodriguez - a team of gay men, all experts in their respective fields of food and wine, grooming, interior design, fashion and culture. Their weekly mission: employ all the tools of their trade to cultivate a better straight man.

“Queer Eye for the Straight Guy” is produced by Scout Productions. The executive producers are David Collins and Michael Williams for Scout, and Frances Berwick, Amy Introcaso-Davis and Christian Barcellos for Bravo.

The co-executive producer is David Metzler. The series was created by David Collins, a gay man, and developed by David Metzler, a straight man - a union of sensibilities that gives the show its depth, humor and edge.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Looking forward to this. As hysterical as these guys are, I can't even imagine the show with Jay tossed into the mix!

Quote Originally Posted by Lolasdad
    The August 14 “Queer Eye” episode will be the series’ fourth, which aired on Bravo on July 29 (9-10 p.m. ET). It features straight guy John Bargeman who is preparing to propose to his girlfriend.
    Oh...that'll be a good one to show...

I think it's great they'll be showing it in its full form on NBC. It will reach a wider audience that way. So far I've been taping the episodes for my best friend and my mom to watch, since they don't have cable!

Can't wait to see what they do to Jay, although Jay already has stylists and expensive wardrobe at his disposal. Maybe they'll "Zuszh" him up some more!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I'm spending the night with realtives who have Bravo just for a fix(and I'll be over this night )
    Bring on the Fab 5!

"I said walk, not march like a weird little troll!": Carson Kressley

"My ship works better when I kick it" Spike Spiegel(Cowboy Bebop)

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    I think it's great they'll be showing it in its full form on NBC. It will reach a wider audience that way. So far I've been taping the episodes for my best friend and my mom to watch, since they don't have cable!

Can't wait to see what they do to Jay, although Jay already has stylists and expensive wardrobe at his disposal. Maybe they'll "Zuszh" him up some more!
    Well, Jay's makeover was kind of a yawn because of Jay himself. If he has all those groomers, how come it took the Fab Five to point out hair growing out of his ears? Ewwwwww.

The guys were great, and it was Jai who seemed to be the most outgoing. Carson was unusually quiet, and I wondered why that was.

The set makeover was okay, but unfortunately the garish backdrop was still there. That has got to be the ugliest!

Hey Guys...I've been reading this thread for awhile now, and after seeing the guys on Leno, I had to post.

Even though I'm not a big fan of Jay Leno, I though the guys looked great and was funny as ususal.
    I'm really glad I got to see more of Thom (love him).

The comment about the ear hair was great!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirl
    The guys were great, and it was Jai who seemed to be the most outgoing. Carson was unusually quiet, and I wondered why that was.

The set makeover was okay, but unfortunately the garish backdrop was still there. That has got to be the ugliest!
    Amen to that!

Actually, unless my ears deceived me, Carson mentioned my home town tonight - in dissing the old set! In the midst of the comments about how drab/ucky it was, I do believe I heard Carson refer to the set as looking like "the airport in Moline." :-) That's my hometown in Illinois. I just about howled with laughter. Carson, honey, you are SO right! (Take it from a girl who's spent a lot of time in that airport!)

Anyone out there that can confirm what I heard? What a goofy kick on a Friday night.

Cheers,

Etta

Does anyone have a link to vote for the Tonight Show set? Thanks!

FORT Regular
    The link: http://www.nbc.com/nbc/The_Tonight_S...ye/index.shtml

Up with homosexual furniture!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast