+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fab 5 Back on NBC, and on Leno (08/14)

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by wagon29
    If I recall correctly the previous guests stay on the couch for the duration of the show.
    This is not necessarily so. In the case of "big stars," Jay always says, "I know you have to go, blah blah blah." That's why I made the statement about Costner not having any place to go.

Jai was trying to make Kevin feel more at home by patting him etc. but the whole thing looked very staged. Carson must have felt it too, because he barely said anything.

FORT Regular
    As long as we're naming favorites, I have to go with Ted. While Kyan's hot and Jai's cute and Carson's funny and Thom's adorable, it's Ted that I'd most want to have long conversations and (of course) dinner with. Or are the rest of you not playing Dream Date?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxviewer
    Or are the rest of you not playing Dream Date?
    Well, ummm, no.

After watching Leno on Friday, even though Kyan is my fave, I've fallen madly in love with Thom. I laughed my ass when Thom replied to Leno's mispronounciation with "I'm Thom and I'm gay".

Kyan didn't get enough air time on Friday....what's up that???? :mad:

Slave4Kyan

I missed both nights they were on Leno! I'm glad others got a change to watch them. I wanted to see their interaction with each other and Leno. I figured it might be fast paced and funny.

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Slave4Kyan

I missed both nights they were on Leno! I'm glad others got a change to watch them. I wanted to see their interaction with each other and Leno. I figured it might be fast paced and funny.
    So sorry you missed it eldee! But I have to be honest, I really didn't enjoy either night. I think the Fab 5 were a bit nervous and couldn't really shine the way they do on their show. As others have mentioned, Jay was obviously not happy about the whole makeover idea and what usually is supposed to be his comedic quips came off as homophobic, imo.

The makeover of Jay wasn't that extreme and I definitely didn't like the suit they put him in. Jay and Carson were wearing almost identical pants!! I agree that the guest dressing room came out great. And Jai coming out of the closet had me , as well as him telling the guy at the furniture store to "call me". The new set was pretty cool, I especially loved the lamp - another great job by Thom! I also felt that Carson was "off" and felt uncomfortable, probably because Jay was uncomfortable and it rubbed off on Carson. Ted seemed rush when doing his food presentation but handled Jay's stupidity fairly well. Kyan wasn't seen much, but he looked very dapper. I think the best part of the whole show was the discussion of the "victim" in the SUV and then the QE/SG opening with Jay, Kevin (band leader) and announcer (can't remember his name) in place of the normal Tonight's Show opening. Oh, and the testimonials regarding Jay (shot just like on QE/SG) were quite humorous as well!

Jay is just, so "middle America" that it really scares me sometimes (sorry if I offend anyone with that comment). I have been in his audience many times and the show always seemed contrived. I am still amazed that he is the number one late night show. Ugh. I think that in theory, the Fab 5 doing a makeover was a good idea, but the execution left a bad taste in my mouth. Ahh...if only Dave Letterman could've had the makeover..now THAT would've been interesting to watch!
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

[QUOTE=melpepinla]So sorry you missed it eldee! But I have to be honest, I really didn't enjoy either night. I think the Fab 5 were a bit nervous and couldn't really shine the way they do on their show. As others have mentioned, Jay was obviously not happy about the whole makeover idea and what usually is supposed to be his comedic quips came off as homophobic, imo.

The makeover of Jay wasn't that extreme and I definitely didn't like the suit they put him in.

I wasn't that wild about the suit, but I thought the casual clothes they put him in were a great change!
    I can't stand Kevin Costner so I can't even be rational about that.
    And glad to see someone else is playing "dream date" - my vote is Ted too.

Quote Originally Posted by melpepinla
    ......Jay was obviously not happy about the whole makeover idea and what usually is supposed to be his comedic quips came off as homophobic, imo.

--That's too bad.

"....Jai coming out of the closet had me , as well as him telling the guy at the furniture store to "call me". ...
    That sounds so funny!

FORT Newbie
    Thanks to the power outtage, I missed ALL of it, both nights! I hope they'll rerun it since a LOT of us missed it.

Dallas's recap of the Leno appearance is available.

My favorite quote: "I wonder if any NBC executives ever sit up at night wondering what might have been if they'd gone with Dave Letterman instead."

I just don't like Leno.
    "It's Aesop's fable of Staten Island and the kitchen table" - Dallas

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast