+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fab 5 Back on NBC, and on Leno (08/14)

Quote Originally Posted by Etta Shootka
    Amen to that!

Actually, unless my ears deceived me, Carson mentioned my home town tonight - in dissing the old set! In the midst of the comments about how drab/ucky it was, I do believe I heard Carson refer to the set as looking like "the airport in Moline." :-) That's my hometown in Illinois. I just about howled with laughter. Carson, honey, you are SO right! (Take it from a girl who's spent a lot of time in that airport!)

Anyone out there that can confirm what I heard? What a goofy kick on a Friday night.

Cheers,

Etta

I recorded the show on my new TIVO last night. That was my first recording, I'm so happy!

Anyway, it sure sounds to me that Carson said the old set looks like "The Airport in Moline"!

FORT Newbie
    was it just me, or did Jay and Kevin Costner (from thursday's show) seem REALLY uncomfortable with the guys? I feel like it dampened the mood that normally makes the makeovers really fun, b/c Jay wouldn't stop with the really lame gay jokes and the guys were in turn pretty subdued.....

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedevil
    was it just me, or did Jay and Kevin Costner (from thursday's show) seem REALLY uncomfortable with the guys? I feel like it dampened the mood that normally makes the makeovers really fun, b/c Jay wouldn't stop with the really lame gay jokes and the guys were in turn pretty subdued.....
    Let's just say that I was embarrassed for Kevin Costner's behavior. He squirmed, he flinched, he was a fish out of water.

The whole interview with Jay (who is a jerk) was awful, and after the Fab Five came on, things got even worse. Why was Costner even there after he got done promoting his film? Was it because he had no place to go? He looked acutely uncomfortable.

Kevin Costner is such a loser.

Quote Originally Posted by pdxviewer
    Thanks for the link! Hopefully everyone on here votes!

Yup! I was the first to comment on the whole Costner situation, and I didn't receive any immediate responses, so I thought it was just me.

And, last night, with Jay and all the gay comments, what was that? Ugh.

I just voted, for Thom's set ofcourse!

Oh, and Kyan looked beautiful, but big surprise there....hehe....

Lyzetth

Oh!!!! You know what I think was the funniest thing?
    When Jai was on the couch at Twentieth acting a bit hyper, and Thom made a comment to the guy at the store, and the guy at the store said "It doesn't bother me at all" and Jai looks up and mouths "Call Me!"

I don't think I did the best job of describing that...hehe...sorry, but I just thought that was hilarious. If you saw it you know what I mean.

I like Jai!! He's soooo cute!!!!

Him and Kyan....definitely my guys! , although I think I'm becoming a Thom convert too..... If this keeps going I'll have a huge crush on Carson by next week!

-Lyzetth

FORT Newbie
    i have crushes on all of them in their own special way.....but my true fab 5 love is kyan....i'm glad that everyone else noticed the way that people were acting around them.....maybe next time, they should just get to take over leno, like katie couric did....that way we get more fab 5, and less leno...a win win situation!

Blue Devil
    Kiwi Girl

I missed it. I bet the FF were funny.

I voted on Thom's furniture.

I recorded the Leno shows. The Fab5 were pretty good, considering Leno is a bit uncomfortable with the gay thing. If he was comfortable he would have made funny jokes.

I know they did their best, but really what can you do with Jay Leno? I liked the set except for the wood coffee table(s). The backdrop really needed to go. The waiting room for guests was gorgeous. I cannot believe that NBC would let guests use that room the way it was before. Can we say generic bathroom stall? That was unacceptable. Now, it is fit for a star.

I have to comment on the Kevin Costner thing. I read a bit of this thread before the show aired in my time zone. I made sure to record it so I could watch closely. When the Fab5 come out and sit down, Costner moves to the chair at the end, normal. He shakes hands with a few of the 5. He seems okay. Then he sits down, shifts in his seat, puts his hands on his thighs as though he is trying to "shift" his jeans down a bit. (anyone who has worn tight jeans knows this trick). However, he suddenly looks as though he is feeling up his inner thighs. If you have it recorded, watch again, very strange...

Well I noticed throughout the interview, he was ready to kill Leno, who wouldn't be. However, he seemed to touch Jai quite a bit. They must have hit it off backstage or something. You can clearly see that Costner is very touchy with Jai. I don't think Costner was uncomfortable because of the Fab5, I think it was because of Leno. Had Leno not been so uncomfortable with the 5, and kept trying to pull Costner into the conversation, Costner would have been even more relaxed.

That is JMO.
    "You got big dreams? You want FAME?
    Well FAME costs and right here's where you start paying,
    In sweat!" —Debbie Allen from the TV series.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyzetth
    Oh!!!! You know what I think was the funniest thing?
    When Jai was on the couch at Twentieth acting a bit hyper, and Thom made a comment to the guy at the store, and the guy at the store said "It doesn't bother me at all" and Jai looks up and mouths "Call Me!"

I don't think I did the best job of describing that...hehe...sorry, but I just thought that was hilarious. If you saw it you know what I mean.

I like Jai!! He's soooo cute!!!!

Him and Kyan....definitely my guys! , although I think I'm becoming a Thom convert too..... If this keeps going I'll have a huge crush on Carson by next week!
    I didn't watch the 2nd Tonight Show episode but my friend told me about this & I cracked up just picturing it. If I did watch I probably would have been rolling on the floor.

The more I watch Jai the cuter I think he is. Kyan is definitely my favorite but I'd have to agree with Lyzetth... I like each of them in their own way.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Maybe they'll "Zuszh" him up some more!
    I think that's Kyan's favorite word! He zuszh's all the straight guys it seems. I always wondered how it would be spelled & I think you did it perfectly!

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirl
    Why was Costner even there after he got done promoting his film?
    If I recall correctly the previous guests stay on the couch for the duration of the show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast