Thread: Trouble in Pussyland already?

FORT Newbie

Trouble in Pussyland already?

FORT Newbie

Re: Trouble in Pussyland already?

huh??

FORT Fogey

That link is horrible--I had to dig around on TMZ to find the actual story.

OK, so she didn't perform with them, but it was explained by the official rep as "planned" and that Asia will begin recording with them after this tour is over. Sounds like a legit plan to me.

The more interesting blurb was that Robin was seen dancing with Melissa R and Chelsea at a nightclub ...

Here's the story for anyone who couldn't find it on TMZ:

[There is a picture of the PCD minus Asia with a quote, "The Pussycat Dolls performed last night in Atlanta -- minus reality TV show winner Asia."]

While sources told TMZ last week that the Diva-licious Asia isn't "the best match" for the scantily clad girl group, a rep for the show "The Search for the Next Doll" assures us that Asia will still purr with the Pussycats. Her absence from last night's performance was planned and there are no plans for her to join them until after this tour wraps in two days.

Asia is set join the rest of the gang to record the Dolls' second album and will tour with them then.

In other PCD news -- TMZ spotted Robin Antin, the creator of the group, dancing last night with the runners-up on the reality series, Chelsea and Melissa, at the opening of the Stoli Hotel in Hollywood. A second season of the show is also rumored to be coming soon, though Warner Bros. denies another season is in the pipeline.
    Oh, and that title is a bit inappropriate, IMO.
    Currently Loving: Mystery from The Pickup Artist
    Currently Excited About: The modeling competition that I'm in! Wish me luck, guys...
    *Runner Up in the Kyle XY Caption Contest! Whoo!*

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by miyam210;2366399;
    Here is the original article:

From today's TMZ.com:

Potential Pussycat Problems?

Posted May 3rd 2007 11:42AM by TMZ Staff

It appears Asia -- the reality show contestant who won a spot with the Pussycat Dolls -- won't be purring with the girls after all. No kitty, no!

PCD held a concert in Atlanta last night, and diva-in-training Asia was not in the scantily clad lineup. As TMZ first reported last week, sources say Asia, who won CW's "The Search for the Next Doll," isn't "the best match" for the group, but at the time, we were told by Warner Bros. that Asia "is absolutely a member ... and will tour with the group and record for the Dolls' second album." So what gives?

Calls to the group were not returned, but things aren't looking so hot for Asia -- the reality show has been green-lit for another season and TMZ spotted Robin Antin, the creator of the group, dancing with the runners-up on the series, Chelsea and Melissa, last night at the Stoli Hotel in Hollywood.

I think they edited the article, because what ChicagoViewer and I were discussing was the updated version.
    Currently Loving: Mystery from The Pickup Artist
    Currently Excited About: The modeling competition that I'm in! Wish me luck, guys...
    *Runner Up in the Kyle XY Caption Contest! Whoo!*

I laughed when I saw the thread title.

Does anyone think Asia will be in the group after the album and music videos are released and stuff?

FORT Fan

I dont see the problem here. The group's tour is over in 2 days.

It'd be nearly impossible for Asia to catch up on all the routines and numbers within a week just to join the last stretch of the tour.

What I dont understand is why there is a second season, because clearly whoever wins that will not be able to participate in the making of the 2nd CD. Unless Robin plans to rush CD #3 immediately after Season 2, it seems kind of pointless to me.

Quote Originally Posted by nabraham;2366872;
    What I dont understand is why there is a second season, because clearly whoever wins that will not be able to participate in the making of the 2nd CD. Unless Robin plans to rush CD #3 immediately after Season 2, it seems kind of pointless to me.
    I posted about the second season in the season 2 thread.
    The second season, they are forming a whole new girl group. Its on the cw site.

Oh, how I wish there really are troubles in Pussyland!!! I'm usually not the one to wish something bad to happen, but it sure will be entertaining!!! Hehe :-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast