+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: 4/24 Finale Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: 4/24 Finale Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I'm still stunned that Asia won. All of her bad habits were out in full force for her final performance, and Ron Fair didn't seem to mind. Lil Kim has been biased toward Asia from the beginning--she made no bones about declaring her the favorite.

What particularly surprises me is the editing. No matter who wins, the editors strive to make the winner somewhat relatable and likable. After all, if you want to gain momentum for the winner, you need to start by having fans support her. If those are Asia's shining personality moments and that's the most likable they could make her, then I wonder just how much horrible behavior we didn't see ...

I finally got to watch my tape of the finale and have a few comments about Asia.

Nothing against single parents raising their child on their own. But do not use it as a sense of entitlement, as if the world owes you something. You Asia chose to spread your legs for whomever at age 15 or 16 and chose not to use birth control and got pregnant. DO NOT try to shove the consequence of that action on the us the viewing audience. That is your problem not ours. I seriously doubt that she is supporting that child by herself. She properly collects SSI and WIC and some kind of state support for the child. I am sure Asia's parents are helping. Asia choose to participate in this contest to better her life and her child's; fine. It is a sacifice and an opportunity. DO NOT whine about how hard it is. That is a parent's job.

Also DO NOT play the victim it is very hard to pull off with such a prickly personality. Where is it written that your friends are supposed to help you deal with a baby that YOU MADE. Of course they will desert you if all you do is whine about how they do not help you. They are young and stupid and babyless and they want to enjoy that without having to deal with YOUR responsibilities.

Oh, please, stop with the I am not here to make friends. Duh, we get that. Who would want to be with you, you are so prickly and mood changing and are very quick to judge and very harsh in your judgements. People say a lot of things in life, many are polite social lies to help ease situations. If you try to hold everyone to this incredible high moral standard of behavior you will be constantly dissappionted. I find it also incredibly hypocritical of you to try to hold the moral high ground when you were an underage single mother, who is dependent on my help, my tax dollars to help support you and your baby.

Good Luck as a Pussy Cat Doll, but some advice quit acting as if the world owes you.

Also after watching your eating habits and your adversion to vegetables I hope you feed you daughter some else that may permamently stunt her growth and you may be up on charges of neglecting your child. Yeah, I know that would be so unfair.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

UGGH she is so annoying. She tapped and tapped that mic and still had the worst voice. My husband (he was joking at the time, and this is not to be racest or anything) said that they must need some ethnicity in the group to make it more "pc" and sure enough when PCD came out to preform I did not notice much diversion. Maybe she is just a filler. If they wanted a new lead signer they would have picked Chelsea, and if they anted a great all-around addition tothe group they would have icked Melissa, IMO.

Well said, Bearcata. Asia has a lot of growing up to do. I hope she doesn't get defensive when others are giving her opportunities to grow. I didn't think of it until you brought it up, but yeah, the way she's eating, who knows what she's feeding to her daughter. (shudder)

CounselorBeep
    and
    operakatz!!

Great posts!

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoViewer;2350080;
    I'm still stunned that Asia won. All of her bad habits were out in full force for her final performance, and Ron Fair didn't seem to mind. Lil Kim has been biased toward Asia from the beginning--she made no bones about declaring her the favorite.

What particularly surprises me is the editing. No matter who wins, the editors strive to make the winner somewhat relatable and likable. After all, if you want to gain momentum for the winner, you need to start by having fans support her. If those are Asia's shining personality moments and that's the most likable they could make her, then I wonder just how much horrible behavior we didn't see ...
    No, Ron wasn't grimacing through Asia's performance as usual but he showed by far the most smiling and positive reactions to Chelsea's performance. I suspect he acquiesced on Asia winning because perhaps he has bigger plans for Chelsea and would hate to see her stuck in a backup dancer position that she's not well-suited for.

I thought Asia's performance was by far the weakest of the evening...couldn't understand a single word...her pitch was ok for once but no diction whatsoever, could hardly hear her over the cranked up soundtrack and her mannerisms were through the roof. But I do think she's a good team dancer and that's really what this job is all about so as much as I dislike her, she was the right one for the job.

Nothing against single parents raising their child on their own. But do not use it as a sense of entitlement, as if the world owes you something. You Asia chose to spread your legs for whomever at age 15 or 16 and chose not to use birth control and got pregnant. DO NOT try to shove the consequence of that action on the us the viewing audience. That is your problem not ours. I seriously doubt that she is supporting that child by herself. She properly collects SSI and WIC and some kind of state support for the child. I am sure Asia's parents are helping. Asia choose to participate in this contest to better her life and her child's; fine. It is a sacifice and an opportunity. DO NOT whine about how hard it is. That is a parent's job.
    Word. Although I doubt she was collecting SSI or WIC...she was a Knicks City Dancer so was probably making a pretty decent living and it sounds like she was living with her parents in Mt. Vernon which reduces expenses.
    Last edited by operakatz; 04-25-2007 at 07:53 PM. Reason: ETA additional comment

Sexy Longhorn Girl 21longhorngal's Avatar

To me all the girls are just boring besides Nicole she is the main girl in the group.

Was anyone actually surprised that Asia won? It was so obvious that Kym and Robin loved her more than the others that I'm surprised they didn't just stop the competition and give her the position immediately, but I supposed they had to try to make money off the tv show. Between Asia and Dionne, Natasha, and Renee (on ANTM), I have had ENOUGH of the whining about missing their BABIES! Come on, you knew before you got into these competitions that you were going to be away from your babies--yet you still put yourselves first. Asia is a decent dancer, if you call what they do dancing, but I do see what Sisely(sp) meant about her dancing like a drag queen because she does this awkward squatting thing when she's performing that shows off her muscular legs and looks very man-ish to me. Being a vocal coach, I would say that she was deliberately given the easiest song to sing in the finale. Anyone with decent pitch could sing an up-tempo song like that and do a decent job! The ballads that Melissa and Chelsea sang were much more difficult and required better pitch and control. As to the edit, I don't get it at all. As a viewer of The Bachelor for every season but the first two, I thought the winner never gets a bad "edit". That was the only reason I even watched the finale (TiVo'd it and just watched it tonight). I thought that maybe because it was so obvious that the winner was going to be Asia and that the edit of her was SO bad, she just might not win it. I really was rooting for Melissa because she seemed to be the total package, looks, dancing, and voice. Chelsea's voice is definitely a solo voice. She's got an amazing amount of control and hopefully will get some additional coaching to lose some of her nasalness and will have a successful recording career. Oh well, the Pussycat Dolls will lose out in the end because they hyped this show to find the next Pussycat Doll, then picked a winner that few liked--big mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by operakatz;2350886;
    No, Ron wasn't grimacing through Asia's performance as usual but he showed by far the most smiling and positive reactions to Chelsea's performance. I suspect he acquiesced on Asia winning because perhaps he has bigger plans for Chelsea and would hate to see her stuck in a backup dancer position that she's not well-suited for.

I thought Asia's performance was by far the weakest of the evening...couldn't understand a single word...her pitch was ok for once but no diction whatsoever, could hardly hear her over the cranked up soundtrack and her mannerisms were through the roof. But I do think she's a good team dancer and that's really what this job is all about so as much as I dislike her, she was the right one for the job.

Word. Although I doubt she was collecting SSI or WIC...she was a Knicks City Dancer so was probably making a pretty decent living and it sounds like she was living with her parents in Mt. Vernon which reduces expenses.
    I was watching a special on the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders and it is a part time job. The girls were getting paid something like $75 a game. The organization will send girls out to do promotions and they do get paid for it but again it is not a full time job. It is only seasonal. You cannot live on what they pay you to cheer or dance for a national football/basketball team all the girls have full time jobs in addition to being cheerleaders or dancers. The organization figures you are doing it for team morale and exposure for a few yrs before you go on to other pursuits.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011