+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 4/24 Finale Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Newbie

Re: 4/24 Finale Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

They may be trying to replace the older Dolls...I think the oldest one is 33. They probably want to get a whole younger group, kind of like Menudo. You reach a certain age, and you're out.

Well, another skandy ho won a reality show. Asia would fit in great with the ladies over in "Charm School". Still I have to take Robin critiques to heart and realize that Chelsea has the potential to grow even greater than being a Pussy Cat Doll. Robin even agreed that Melissa R would do the same. I wish both Chelsea and Melissa R. the best.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

ohh no! Chelsea didn't win...but I'm somewhat glad that Asia won! She's the one who showed most improved as far as personality goes, from making fun of Chelsea with Melissa S, to helping her when no one else would. Asia is deserving, all I hope is that they have her throw away her make up.

Melissa R, what a moocow! I hope I never hear/see anything about her again!

Asia looks constipated when she sings, you know, as if it's forced. I think from now on Ron will grit his teeth. She should also stop wearing pink lipstick, it doesn't do anything for her. I thought Melissa R would totally get it.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

ASIA! ASIA!
    why???
    im poed to the max.

The decision was totally based on song choice!!! There is a reason why ballads don't sell as well as more exciting songs. Man, Chelsea and Melissa got robbed!!!!! Give Asia Chelsea's song and Asia would be a dead frog!!!!!

But either case, Asia won't last long in PCD. Either Asia wants the spotlight all to herself or PCD wants her out!

Not back in Illinois where I wish I were!

Newbie here. I'd buy Chelsea's album too! I missed the final show; they just HAD to air opposite DWTS, which I'm not about to miss! Asia was my least favorite, so I'm bummed, but I hope it helps open her eyes to reality (e.g. she is not "all that!"). Chelsea's voice is great; she's better raw (live) than most of Nashville's female artists! In a studio, she could be FIERCE! I'm a Chelsea fan already!

~Namaste~

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;2349199;
    I'd buy chelsea's album... very early christina vibe... her vocals are great live...imagine what they could do in a studio?

I have to say that I am not surprised with the ending after years and numerous reality shows, but I have been trying to figure out what Robin is thinking. If she is looking for a dancer, Melissa R. was clearly the best of the three. If she was looking for a singer, Chelsea was the best. If she was looking for someone that sang off key, made strage faces and tapped her mic to keep in time with the music-oh wait, that IS what she is looking for. Sorry. I misunderstood the point of the show.

That being said...I hope Asia learns from the group and is appreciative of the chance she is getting to improve her life and her talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sororsalsa;2349362;
    They may be trying to replace the older Dolls...I think the oldest one is 33. They probably want to get a whole younger group, kind of like Menudo. You reach a certain age, and you're out.
    Well, as long as they're younger than Robin, they're probably not in any danger.

We have to remember this is a Ken Mok production...by the time the 2nd season was announced, TPTB had a chance to see Asia behind the scenes and how incredibly high-maintenance she is, and maybe they've decided that this "new doll" position will rotate each year like with ANTM...who knows...

Could be that Asia and any future winners will end up in other areas of the PCD conglomerate and not be part of the pop group sub-section....again, like some of the stuff we've seen with ANTM...

Anyhow, as much as I disliked Asia, found her singing barely tolerable along with her inability to accept constructive criticism and work on making things better based on professional/experienced input, I'm actually glad neither MelR nor Chelsea won...neither deserve to be shuffled around as a back-up dancer...especially Chelsea. I suspect both will end up in far more interesting projects. It ultimately seems that the singing element wasn't that important...after all, it's a backup dancer position with some harmony vocals and possibly a solo line here and there...

I do have to wonder if TPTB ever bothered to ask Asia what she was going to do with her "friggin daughter" while she's touring/moving around...or are they going to have to listen to her whine 24/7 about how much she misses her kid or how she's somehow doing this for her kid (personally, I think parents should actually be involved in raising their children unless they're legitimately unfit).

We can only hope Lil Kim won't be on the judging panel next season...I got really tired of her being announced as one of the most successful female recording artists in history...puh-leeeze...

CCL

Honestly, I thought Asia's performance last night was a total mess. Oh, well. I wonder how she will get/is getting on with the PCD seeing as how she had obvious difficulty playing nice and co-operating with the other contestants, not to mention a tendency for exhibiting diva behaviour.

I'll admit I'm only a casual fan of the PCD. If Chelsea had won I would have taken more of an interest in the group. To a less extent the same would have held true if Melissa R won. The fact that Asia is now going to be a member just turns me off them entirely.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread