+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Asia

Re: Asia

I thought that Ron Fair was being a little overcritical saying that Asia's voice was off key, but last night I watched the episode again and actually listened - he was SO right!

I think it might have something to do with her not being able to hear herself, or maybe singing too loud. Either way she needs to fix it because if she was singing like that in a group like PCD she'd stick out like a sore thumb - and it would NOT sound good on a CD.
    I wish you had a favourite beauty spot that you loved secretly/'Cos it was on a hidden bit that nobody else could see/Basically, I wish that you loved me/I wish that you needed me/I wish that you knew when I said two sugars, actually I meant three. - Kate Nash, "Nicest Thing"

Oh Asia, last night watching her help Chelsea really made me change my mind. She was so nice, she was really helping with all the little details like her leg being straight. Then the challenge and the performance I really felt bad for not liking her before, but then... the preview for next week... She's all about people being 'like not phony like you know right?' and she is clearly what she seems to despise... all IMHO

She got an amazingly positive edit last night. I thought it was great of her to help Chelsea, even though she has joined Melissa is cutting her out of rehearsals and making fun of her in the past.

However, I thought her commercial was horrible. (But it was still better than the others). Her singing was completely off. I don't think she was on key at any point during the song. I am disturbed that they completely ignored how bad she sounded. She definitely has the weakest voice of the four.

Then I saw the preview and I realized that maybe this ep was damage control? I really can't see her joining the PCD's because she is so ugh. I can't even think of a word to describe it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs;2338313;
    She got an amazingly positive edit last night. I thought it was great of her to help Chelsea, even though she has joined Melissa is cutting her out of rehearsals and making fun of her in the past.

However, I thought her commercial was horrible. (But it was still better than the others). Her singing was completely off. I don't think she was on key at any point during the song. I am disturbed that they completely ignored how bad she sounded. She definitely has the weakest voice of the four.

Then I saw the preview and I realized that maybe this ep was damage control? I really can't see her joining the PCD's because she is so ugh. I can't even think of a word to describe it.
    Hmmm, I actually liked her this past episode (I'm talking talent, not personality). She does stand out as a dancer, and you're right that she has the weakest voice of those remaining, but Ron Fair hit the nail on the head: She took her best assets and made them work. I thought the JoJo song was better than Melissa R's Mary J Blige, and I like Melissa R. She bounced back in a big way this episode, IMO.

But why would the winner continue to get the bitch edit (as seen in the previews)?

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoViewer;2339358;
    But why would the winner continue to get the bitch edit (as seen in the previews)?
    I have no idea. I am hoping that this means she does not win.
    But again, we have no idea how those scenes might look within the actual episode.

I really don't know why she made it this far. She can't sing (sure she can do "yeeeaaaahhhahhhahhhahhhah hh" thing). Her finger twitching on the mic is really annoying. She is pretty but not eye-catching (like Chelsea or Melissa R). She can dance, but is also forgettable. I feel like Asia is still here because she's been consistently non-bad.

I think it's between Chelsea and Melissa R. I just don't see Asia as the winner AT ALL.

Fatima/Anya/StacyAnn/Kat Missez's Avatar

I hope she wins.
    ANTM = Eugena + Fatima =
    CNTM = Mo + Rebecca =

FORT Newbie

If I am a current member of the PCD or part of the management, Asia is the last girl I would choose. She seems like a nasty, immature, jealous, foul-mouth and vulgar girl. Such a pity because like it or not she is a very talented dancer. She is also hard headed and does not take advice well. Remember Ron Fair already told her about her finger tapping mannerism? But does she listen and correct it? Nooooooo!! She likes to ignore everything because she thinks she could do no wrong. It is always about her, her and her.

I really like Asia. I like Melissa R., but something about her I don't like. I just really really like Asia, and I hope she wins.

Quote Originally Posted by miyam210;2342747;
    If I am a current member of the PCD or part of the management, Asia is the last girl I would choose. She seems like a nasty, immature, jealous, foul-mouth and vulgar girl. Such a pity because like it or not she is a very talented dancer. She is also hard headed and does not take advice well. Remember Ron Fair already told her about her finger tapping mannerism? But does she listen and correct it? Nooooooo!! She likes to ignore everything because she thinks she could do no wrong. It is always about her, her and her.
    Totally agreed. She's not likable at all. When she receives criticism after her performance, she never nods in agreement unless she also knows that it was wrong. Like you said, she think finger tapping (I call it twitching) is cool and hence she doesn't correct it. To me, she's totally forgettable too.

+ Reply to Thread