+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Asia

Re: Asia

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2358530;
    I originally posted

Again, Asia did not recieve a positive edit, but with what she gave to the producers the edit she did recieve was the best one she could get. Which basically shows her as an immature, nutrionally defunct, ungrateful, overly agressive spoilt brat who needs some anger management with a 'the world owes me' attitude.
    I think you got her confused with Mellisa S. You were way harsh on Asia, she is not that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Quadee;2359141;
    I think you got her confused with Mellisa S. You were way harsh on Asia, she is not that bad.
    Actually, I was restraining myself and being kind.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Quadee;2359141;
    You're right. She's not bad--she's arrogant, stubborn and annoying.

nutritionally defunct.... that is priceless! And oh so true!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pooja;2356359;
    either way, asia's win is cool. its cool for people like me who are austronesian. im indonesian. both asia & melissa r have filipino blood & we are of the same malay stock.

props to brown beauties EVERYWHERE! pinays are some of the most beautiful women in all of asia, i think.
    Asia isnt a black girl? Yea I thought she might be black and something else but I didnt think filipino cause she doesnt look it at all. I didnt really watch the show so I didnt see her say what exactly she is but I did see her as "the black girl" and when I found out she was the winner, I just thought cool a beautiful black girl won. I didnt know she was half filipino. I thought maybe black and native american.
    Jessica

Here's a sympathetic story about Asia's past from the NY Post:

BRONX CHEER By Deborah Starr Seibel - Tv - New York Post Online Edition

BRONX CHEER
    'PUSSYCAT' WINNER ESCAPED SCHOOL OF HARD KNOCKS
    By Deborah Starr Seibel

May 6, 2007 -- It would take more than reality television to scare Asia Nitollano. After all, the 19-year-old winner of the CW's "Pussycat Dolls Present: The Search for the Next Doll" grew up in the Bronx. "Nobody understands what I went though, just as a female," says Nitollano, who had a rough time at Lehman High School. "Where I was raised wasn't a 'Brady Bunch' environment."

Nitollano, who's been dancing since the age of four (Latin, jazz, hip hop), says she was ostracized for being different. "I had to watch my back," she says. "There was a lot of hate and jealousy because I was a good singer and a good dancer. And I looked different from all the other girls because I'm mixed: Black, Puerto Rican and Filipino."

Things got so bad that in her junior year, Nitollano, pregnant, transferred to Pelham Preparatory Academy, a private school. "Which was the best thing that ever happened to me," she says. "It was a smaller school and the people there were really supportive."

Nitollano, who now lives in Mount Vernon, showed that same kind of generosity to her fellow competitors on the show. When the other girls were struggling with complicated choreography, Nitollano stepped in to help.

"I'm not the type to keep to myself and think, 'If I help her she's going to be better than me.' If the girl's better than me, then she's better than me. I still have to maintain who I am as a human being, first."

So now she's waiting to hear about her recording and touring schedule with The Pussycat Dolls. And her mother is ready to step in to help care for her two-year daughter, Thais.

"She's my number one priority," says Nitollano. "When I first auditioned in New York, I thought, 'If they have a problem with it, then the job is not for me.' But they seemed to love the fact that I'm a single mom who's still pursuing her dreams." It doesn't hurt that she was given an undisclosed cash prize for winning the show. How much? "That's private," she says. "But it's more money than I've ever seen."

FORT Fogey

Hm, Asia wasn't at Live Earth in London with the rest of the PCD.

I'm beginning to doubt she's really in the group at ALL...
    I wish you had a favourite beauty spot that you loved secretly/'Cos it was on a hidden bit that nobody else could see/Basically, I wish that you loved me/I wish that you needed me/I wish that you knew when I said two sugars, actually I meant three. - Kate Nash, "Nicest Thing"

I'm sure that she isn't. 2 things point to this. 1-She wasn't on the Live Earth Concert this past weekend with the other Dolls in London. I watched it online hoping to see Asia. 2-They are doing a second "The Search for the next pcd" show.

Well the second show is actually creating a group based on PCD called "Girlicious"... **shudder**
    I wish you had a favourite beauty spot that you loved secretly/'Cos it was on a hidden bit that nobody else could see/Basically, I wish that you loved me/I wish that you needed me/I wish that you knew when I said two sugars, actually I meant three. - Kate Nash, "Nicest Thing"

+ Reply to Thread