+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Asia

Re: Asia

Quote Originally Posted by Quadee;2357075;
    Can someone explain to me what is a winning edit, because the notions sounds rather ridiculous to me.

I know this is a different topic but first Dionne was getting the winners edit now she is getting the bitch edit.

How do we know what a winning edit is.
    A winning edit basicially means that a certain person (the winner) is portrayed in a certain (usually positive) light so that viewers of the show will root for them and be happy when they win.
    I wish you had a favourite beauty spot that you loved secretly/'Cos it was on a hidden bit that nobody else could see/Basically, I wish that you loved me/I wish that you needed me/I wish that you knew when I said two sugars, actually I meant three. - Kate Nash, "Nicest Thing"

Quote Originally Posted by GossipGirlANTM;2357087;
    A winning edit basicially means that a certain person (the winner) is portrayed in a certain (usually positive) light so that viewers of the show will root for them and be happy when they win.
    Ok I agree because I think they showed Asia in a positive way.

Quote Originally Posted by Quadee;2357229;
    You're joking right?
    Asia was showed in a positive light ONCE - when she helped Chelsea.
    I wish you had a favourite beauty spot that you loved secretly/'Cos it was on a hidden bit that nobody else could see/Basically, I wish that you loved me/I wish that you needed me/I wish that you knew when I said two sugars, actually I meant three. - Kate Nash, "Nicest Thing"

FORT Newbie

LOL, you must be watching a different show. How and when did Asia get a positive spin? She is a very nasty girl who in her own words always had somebody 'hating on her'. There must be a reason why a lot of people do not like her and she should ask herself why instead of being so defensive all the time. She always resorts to cursing and threatening violence every time somebody does not agree with her. For sure, she will be very hard to get along with and I pity the original PCD members because they have to deal with her on a daily basis.

BTW, Melissa R was the most popular girl among the finalists in ALL surveys, even the official CW one. Chelsea was second and Asia was a far third.

If the finals were held LIVE, I am pretty sure that they would not have chosen Asia. They underestimated the backlash and the negative reaction to their choice of winner.

They're going to have to superglue the girl's fingers to the mic so she wont look nearly as goofy as she always does
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

richmond, vancouver, british columbia, canada

i wish they chose melissa r. 1st and chelsea second instead of her coming in first

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;2357460;
    They're going to have to superglue the girl's fingers to the mic so she wont look nearly as goofy as she always does

:nono Asia is also hard headed and thinks she is already perfect so she does not listen to instructions and is not open to constructive criticism. If you remember, Ron already cautioned her on that but did she listen? Nooooo...she would rather do her own stuff.

I originally posted:

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2356629;
    I'm thinking that this was the best possible edit the producers could give her because what we the viewers see as 'bad' was actually her 'being good' and her bad was truly unviewable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quadee;2356913;
    I'm sorry I just didn't see the "bad attitude". I could think of much much worse people that had bad attitudes. Eva and Nicole attitude was much worse and they won. Asia didn't run around angry all the time cursing and shouting and she didn't talk back to any of the pros.

Even if she did have a "bad attitude", this was a competition for the next PCD not a competition of the most likable PCD.

She was the best out of the three that was left so she won.
    I never used the verbage 'bad attitude'.

Quote Originally Posted by GossipGirlANTM;2357087;
    Again, Asia did not recieve a positive edit, but with what she gave to the producers the edit she did recieve was the best one she could get. Which basically shows her as an immature, nutrionally defunct, ungrateful, overly agressive spoilt brat who needs some anger management with a 'the world owes me' attitude.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Asia acts the way she does because of self esteem problems.

I see young women all the time who behave like her. It's several things that contributes to this;

besides the standard teeny bopper "problems", part of it is the biracial thing, another part comes from her being alienated and HATED ON by other girls in her peer group (i see this all the time as an observant male), woman are so "hateful" toward each other because of jelousy and whatnot, she basically developed that pseudo-toughness (she's really a wimp with a defense mechanism); also she's one to have the "i don't need friends" atitude. (which is B.S., women have a natural instinctal need to be in groups for some reason ); the fact that she has a baby at a young age, she belives she has the weight of the world on her shoulders...

anyways, her edit seemed normal... i didn't see it as good or bad

i figured she would win (even though i don't particular think she's attractive); Melissa R looks too much like Nicole S@##Rzer; and the other cutie can't dance that well... didn't really have a choice but to pick her.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;2358606;

anyways, her edit seemed normal... i didn't see it as good or bad

I agree with this her edit wasn't good nor bad. But Mellisa S was bad

+ Reply to Thread