+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Asia

FORT Fogey

Observations

First, whoever posted that there's a backlash on the PCD site, thanks. I checked it out, and it's HILARIOUS. No matter how much the majority of FORT posters disliked the decision, it seems the PCD fans vehemently HATE the decision. Asia has a tough road ahead.

Given the terrible hack job they did on Asia in editing (I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt that she's not as abrasive as they made her appear), I'm guessing that either she or Robin did something to really PO the video/editing crew. I refuse to believe that they didn't realize the terrible light they spotlighted the winner in and/or that she wasn't asked leading questions to bring out the worst in interviews. Don't get me wrong, I would rather Melissa R and Chelsea came out ahead of Asia, but all three are very talented in their own ways.

I've also wondered about the sound editing--do we get to hear the actual performance or do they also record a studio version each competition and splice the vocals in as appropriate? It seemed as if sometimes, the lips on the video weren't completely synched with the audio and that sometimes Asia's vocal flaws were highlighted--Ron Fair would say her vocals were off and they CLEARLY were.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Re: Asia

The petition has become multiple threads since I last checked. I don't agree with the decision, but it's fun to watch people so passionate about it sound off.

either way, asia's win is cool. its cool for people like me who are austronesian. im indonesian. both asia & melissa r have filipino blood & we are of the same malay stock.

props to brown beauties EVERYWHERE! pinays are some of the most beautiful women in all of asia, i think.
    Eat More Food! Holla, Holla, Holla! - Whitney, C10 Winner & HBIC

Quote Originally Posted by seething;2350668;
    I am sooo confused... why on Earth would they give the winner such a negative edit?! And I see that they're going to do a second season. How many girls could they possibly need in the group. It's just WEIRD!
    I'm thinking that this was the best possible edit the producers could give her because what we the viewers see as 'bad' was actually her 'being good' and her bad was truly unviewable.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 04-28-2007 at 11:49 PM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by GossipGirlANTM;2355534;
    How was Melissa forgettable?
    I' not even a fan (I'm a Chelsea lover) but I'm sure that isn't true.
    Melissa R was by FAR the most popular of the Final 3, even though she was hardly ever given screen time. Which says a lot.
    Melissa R got praised for her dancing more than Asia and Melissa S, so I don't she how she was really in their shadow.
    Sorry, but the truth is that anyway you try and spin it, Melissa was the better contender. I honestly think they didn't choose her simply because in that last performance she looked too much like Nicole.
    Actually Chelsea was by far the most popular. Mellisa S was the most Hated. Asia was the WINNER. Mellisa R was the most forgettable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2356629;
    I'm thinking that this was the best possible edit the producers could give her because what we the viewers see as 'bad' was actually her 'being good' and her bad was truly unviewable.
    I'm sorry I just didn't see the "bad attitude". I could think of much much worse people that had bad attitudes. Eva and Nicole attitude was much worse and they won. Asia didn't run around angry all the time cursing and shouting and she didn't talk back to any of the pros.

Even if she did have a "bad attitude", this was a competition for the next PCD not a competition of the most likable PCD.

She was the best out of the three that was left so she won.

I will respectfully disagree with those who believe that the best person won. Asia displayed very few moments of positive behavior. Yes she did help Chelsea with her dancing as shown in one episode, but we also saw her join Melissa S. in not telling her about rehearsals and laughing at her struggles during practice. From her lips came numerous comments about how much she hates being around other girls and how violent her temper. That she had to go to court for fighting and she doesn't put up with anyone's ----. Whenever she lost her cool she constantly threatened to hit someone or beat someone up. She had a negative attitude about almost all of the challenges where they had little to no preparatory time. Her diva-like behavior in terms of the other girls and down to being served turkey sandwiches instead or hamburgers and french fries, tells me how truly immature she is.

Does that sound like a winner's edit? No way! Who in their right mind purposefully shows all of that horrible behavior and attitude? And then expects their fans to embrace her as the winner? No wonder there is such a strong backlash!

Maybe if week after week we saw her outshine the other competition with her singing or dancing skills it would make more sense, but she received negative comments almost every week. It was clear that Ron Fair couldn't stand her and even Robin sounded hard pressed to give her compliments. All Lil' Kim would say is Asia is a star. No direct comments about phenominal singing or dancing ability. She only stood out while displaying her attitude or temper, not on stage where she should have.

I think the PCD's are in for a PR nightmare and that is why they are actively searching for another member and another season of the show.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs;2356958;
    I will respectfully disagree with those who believe that the best person won. Asia displayed very few moments of positive behavior. Yes she did help Chelsea with her dancing as shown in one episode, but we also saw her join Melissa S. in not telling her about rehearsals and laughing at her struggles during practice. From her lips came numerous comments about how much she hates being around other girls and how violent her temper. That she had to go to court for fighting and she doesn't put up with anyone's ----. Whenever she lost her cool she constantly threatened to hit someone or beat someone up. She had a negative attitude about almost all of the challenges where they had little to no preparatory time. Her diva-like behavior in terms of the other girls and down to being served turkey sandwiches instead or hamburgers and french fries, tells me how truly immature she is.

Does that sound like a winner's edit? No way! Who in their right mind purposefully shows all of that horrible behavior and attitude? And then expects their fans to embrace her as the winner? No wonder there is such a strong backlash!

Maybe if week after week we saw her outshine the other competition with her singing or dancing skills it would make more sense, but she received negative comments almost every week. It was clear that Ron Fair couldn't stand her and even Robin sounded hard pressed to give her compliments. All Lil' Kim would say is Asia is a star. No direct comments about phenominal singing or dancing ability. She only stood out while displaying her attitude or temper, not on stage where she should have.

I think the PCD's are in for a PR nightmare and that is why they are actively searching for another member and another season of the show.
    Well said. I would also add that talent is subjective and it's very hard to separate feelings of admiring a person vs. judging a performance objectively. In terms of raw talent, Melissa R. is an incredible dancer and her musciality is above Asia's, who, according to the expert vocal coach, "fakes her singing." In terms of likability, Chelsea got the "popular" edit, and her maturity really shown. She was the underdog, overcame challenges to get where she was and was cast in a very positive light. Asia actually suffered in terms of popularity when she ridiculed Chelsea and benefited when she helped her--that says a lot. We'll see both Melissa R and Chelsea again, I'm sure, so I can live with the outcome of the show.

Asia, while not the best choice IManyPeople'sO, will do fine. They'll rally around her and support her. And she's not without talent--hopefully they can get her some vocal training that she'll embrace and some media training to soften her in the eyes of fans. I wish her the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Quadee;2356909;
    Actually Chelsea was by far the most popular. Mellisa S was the most Hated. Asia was the WINNER. Mellisa R was the most forgettable.
    I say Melissa R was the most popular because every week when I went to vote for Chelsea on the CW poll, the order (of only the final 3) of popularity would go Melissa R, Chelsea, then Asia.

Every week.
    I wish you had a favourite beauty spot that you loved secretly/'Cos it was on a hidden bit that nobody else could see/Basically, I wish that you loved me/I wish that you needed me/I wish that you knew when I said two sugars, actually I meant three. - Kate Nash, "Nicest Thing"

Can someone explain to me what is a winning edit, because the notions sounds rather ridiculous to me.

I know this is a different topic but first Dionne was getting the winners edit now she is getting the bitch edit.

How do we know what a winning edit is.

+ Reply to Thread