+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Chelsea

Re: Chelsea

I think she's got a real chance... through the series they keep mentioning raw talent and Chelsea seems to have it. IMO they seem to be looking for a girl with the right look, talent, and attitude that they can mold into a member of the group... if this is the case Chelsea should have it in the bag.

As Ron Fair stated in an earlier episode, she is definitely an underdog. I like her a lot, but I wouldn't be disappointed if either of the other two girls walked away with this.

tv addict.....

i was sooo happy when melissa s got eliminated... she was soo mean..

I am glad that Chelsea made it to the final three. Especially since she had such a weak performance. Her voice did not sound that great, she was much better in practice.

I hope she has a good showing next week.

tv addict.....

me too... i hope she wins...
    Last edited by fluff; 04-19-2007 at 07:01 PM.

FORT Fogey

I love Chelsea's personality and looks, but I don't know she's the total package yet, unfortunately. However, I think Lil' Kim was off base saying Chelsea's dancing wouldn't improve much--let's keep in mind that she's competing with trained dancers and a bitchy choreographer without patience. If she won, they could put her through intensive dance training. Hell, even professional singers and actors continue to go through classes and training.

Robin is right that it's RAW talent. With the right help, she could blossom to be better than the rest. That being said, I don't think she has a chance at winning.

Side note: I wish they would stop giving her Christina Aguilera songs. On one hand, they're very challenging as Xtina is an amazing singer and they show a huge range. But do you really think ANYONE is going to remake "What a Girl Wants" and sound truly unique doing it? Her songs are hard to make your own, as CA sings the hell out of them. It's clear Chelsea admires and emulates CA, as she knows every nuance. Was she supposed to do a different set of runs? She deserved the opportunity to show her stuff with a different artist/style.
    Last edited by ChicagoViewer; 04-19-2007 at 12:01 PM.

FORT Newbie

Chelsea is by far my pick for the next Pussycat Doll. Love that girl!!

Do I think they will actually pick her next week though? Not unless they're secretly watching the footage in the house and see what a total beotch Asia is to the girls next week. Asia's got talent, but if she can't hold it together under pressure and get along with the other girls then she's got no business being there.

Chelsea would be a great pick for singing. She consistently outshines the other girls in this regard. Even on her off nights she is miles above Asia and Melissa R. However, it all comes down to how much do they want to work with her on her dancing if she is picked.

Ann Markley: my top model Astridr's Avatar

Chelsea is so pretty, she stands out in the group all the time, especially after they gave her that hair cut.

I must say too, that while its obvious she usually is around half a beat slower than the other girls and tends to be a bit unsure sometimes, either messing up her position or stealing glances at the girls to gauge her position, she is doing amazingly well for a non trained dancer.
    The speed at which she picked up the dance moves are already considerably fast, just not as fast as professional dancers. These things come with experience.. she has stage presence, she has performer instincts, these things cant be trained... dance can be.
    She doesnt lose her expression when dancing these all indicate her potential.

I am so so so so so so glad Robin was rooting for Chelsea, I like Robin and I think Robin likes Chelsea. She so obviously noticed the snark Melissa S was giving Chelsea.. and im so thankful they kept chelsea over her provocator.

That said, I agree she probably wont win... She'd be better as a solo artiste I think. Making her sing Xtina songs is just weird... she did it before and they already knew she tends to just emulate Xtina.. its like they were just out to see what she would do with the song.. but not changing the arrangement and stuff doesnt give poor chelsea much to work with.

Im just happy she and Melissa R, my 2 faves from the start, made it to final 3.

A Little Bit Dramatic PinkPositivee's Avatar

Chelsea, along with Melissa R, is one of my favourites. She's really outsung everyone in the competition so far, but in the long run, for PCD, I don't see that amazing voice sitting well for her. The judges might just disregard the fact that she can really sing because Nicole is the lead singer of the PCD and always will be - even if other girls are better than her. I can't see them giving Chelsea any decent parts to show off her vocals.

TBH, I feel Chelsea would be wasted on PCD.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast