+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Melissa R.

A Little Bit Dramatic PinkPositivee's Avatar

Re: Melissa R.

Out of the three left, Melissa R. is my favourite, but I really can't see her in PCD. I honestly think she just looks way too young. I know...Melody...or something, she's young too but she doesn't look it, whereas Melissa, for me, there's something...I dunno...I just don't find as a general image she'd fit.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;2343337;
    I think Asia's response was justified and then some. Melissa clearly said that to be malicious. I have a nephew, anyone says something about him or refer to him in a malign manner, yeah, I'd loose my temper too.
    Errr... I still do not see where you got the idea that Melisssa R ever maligned and said anything malicious about THE child. Asia's irresponsible behavior as mother yes but nothing to suggest Melissa R intentionally said something bad about THE child. In fact, she was concerned about THE child and was trying to explain that to the mother but then she went ballistic.

[FA Edit]
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 04-21-2007 at 07:43 PM. Reason: removed rude comment directed at other member.

Like I said, Asia is entitled to be upset about Melissa's comment. But I think Asia said so many more hurtful (not to mention irrational and illogical) things during the argument.

Losing your temper when someone insults your child is completely understandable. But first of all, as miyam210 said, Melissa's comment was directed at Asia, not her child. Second of all, losing temper doesn't automatically justify cursing and smacking. Excessive cursing signifies that the person is inarticulate and imature. Using violence as a respond to a comment signifies . . . well, you need professional help (maybe you want to go to "psychology"?).

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Hey guys,

Let's keep it friendly in this thread. Absolutely no smacking down is allowed here, and if you see someone that does that to you, don't take the bait and respond - report it to the mods. There's a little red triangle in the bottom left corner of every post - that's the "report post" button.

I'm sure you understand that we want to keep a friendly, intelligent, civil discussion here. You are welcome to say what you want about the contestants - they are fair game. Do not get into posting about your fellow FORT member - they are off limits.

Thanks.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPositivee;2343356;
    Out of the three left, Melissa R. is my favourite, but I really can't see her in PCD. I honestly think she just looks way too young. I know...Melody...or something, she's young too but she doesn't look it, whereas Melissa, for me, there's something...I dunno...I just don't find as a general image she'd fit.
    I agree with you there. Melissa R is my very very favorite, but I don't think she fits with the PCD. When I think of the PCD, all the girls are tall, lean, long, and sexy. Melissa is short and cute. Even when she performed with Asia and Melissa S, Melissa R looked the shortest.

Quote Originally Posted by Misaru;2343422;
    Losing your temper when someone insults your child is completely understandable. But first of all, as miyam210 said, Melissa's comment was directed at Asia, not her child. Second of all, losing temper doesn't automatically justify cursing and smacking. Excessive cursing signifies that the person is inarticulate and imature. Using violence as a respond to a comment signifies . . . well, you need professional help (maybe you want to go to "psychology"?).
    Nobody is getting what I'm saying either. I know Melissa R did not say anything rude DIRECTLY at the child. But she used the child in a malicious comment to hurt Asia. She's insinuating that Asia is being a bad mother by leaving her child to pursue this oppurtunity. Melissa R is a moron who has no heart. I don't think any mother would want to be called a bad mother. That's what I belive, you don't have to agree, it's my opinion, I'm just expressing it.

Ann Markley: my top model Astridr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;2344236;
    But she used the child in a malicious comment to hurt Asia. She's insinuating that Asia is being a bad mother by leaving her child to pursue this oppurtunity. Melissa R is a moron who has no heart. I don't think any mother would want to be called a bad mother. That's what I belive, you don't have to agree, it's my opinion, I'm just expressing it.
    Wow, how is Melissa R "using" the child in a "malicious" way?
    How do we know she was not indeed genuinely concerned about the well being of the child from the bottom of her heart? Considering her track record of being sensitive, especially towards Chelsea, I would give Melissa R the benefit of the doubt.

Asia (that *beep* pun intended) on the other hand, with her track record of having stupid mood swings, underserved diva demands (turkey sandwiches are not real food huh?), anger management issues (so Siscly isnt around anymore but she did want to hit her, now she wants to hit Chelsea) and her draw to drama while insisting she hates drama, I am highly inclined to think that Melissa R, watching Asia lose her temper like that and then reminding that wrench that she has a child is not at all an attack.

When Asia said to the girls that she is afraid of fights (blah blah blah) and that shes been through high school (OH YOU POOR THING! YOU ACTUALLY WENT THROUGH HIGH SCHOOL?) so she knows what girls are like, Melissa R said that maybe she already has preconcieved notions about getting into drama with the girls hence making a judgement that stirs up an action. Self fulfilling prophsey in a way. Melissa R, I think is just honest like that... her tone was gentle then and I thought it was not aggressive either when talking about Asia's child.

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;2344236;
    Nobody is getting what I'm saying either. I know Melissa R did not say anything rude DIRECTLY at the child. But she used the child in a malicious comment to hurt Asia. She's insinuating that Asia is being a bad mother by leaving her child to pursue this oppurtunity. Melissa R is a moron who has no heart. I don't think any mother would want to be called a bad mother. That's what I belive, you don't have to agree, it's my opinion, I'm just expressing it.
    Let's not lose the focus again. Like I said many times (sorry for repeating, others), Melissa said something wrong and Asia is entitled to be upset. I said in my earlier comment that a mother should be able to persue her dreams too.

What I'm disagreeing with you about is your suggestions that Asia was justified in dropping so many F-bombs and that Asia should have smacked Melissa for what she said. I don't think so.

I like Melissa R better than Melissa S. She's very talented. But I still prefer Chelsea.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I love Chelsea, but I think Melissa will win it all. She has both the dancing and singing ability. Asia can dance...and certinally cant sing, at all...IMO...and Chelsea who can sing but can dance like PCD. We wil see tonight...

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. Is
    Refback This thread
    04-21-2007, 06:21 AM
  2. 04-20-2007, 10:29 PM
  3. Is
    Refback This thread
    04-20-2007, 09:29 PM
  4. Is
    Refback This thread
    04-20-2007, 03:46 PM