+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Melissa R.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by kimrs;2289805;
    Asia is not really standing out for some reason. I think she has the best chance of fitting into the PCD seamlessly, but the comments from the judges are not very encouraging.
    I thought she had a better voice. She sounded very nasal in the Don't Cha challenge though, and she was only OK in the team challenge. She's fading fast.

Yeah, I thought she looked like Nicole also and I don't know if the group would want that. She's pretty and talented though so hope she gets far.
    Quote Originally Posted by retromayhem;2266805;
    she kinda reminds me of the lead singer, Nicole
    i hope she and the other melissa do well
    "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans."-John Lennon

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Gal;2290197;
    Yeah, I thought she looked like Nicole also and I don't know if the group would want that. She's pretty and talented though so hope she gets far.

If Nicole and Melissa R look similar it is because they have the same racial background. Nicole is half-Filipina. Her birth father is from the Philippines and she is just using her stepfather's name (Scherzinger). Melissa R's parents who are both doctors practicing in California are originally from the Philippines.

I wish they would give more airtime to Melissa R in the future episodes. She has a lot of potential and though she is not classically beautiful, I find her very cute and sexy. IMH0, she is one of the best all-around performers left in this competition plus she gets along well with the other girls too.

FORT Newbie
    I am a fan of Melissa R. I think she will do well. I don't know what it is, but when she performs, she just has the right vibe.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoViewer;2290145;
    I thought she had a better voice. She sounded very nasal in the Don't Cha challenge though, and she was only OK in the team challenge. She's fading fast.
    Sorry to repost about my own comment--this actually was directed at Asia (I don't know why, but I thought this was her thread). I love Melissa R.

Melissa was easily the best of her group last night. Unfortunately she was in the group with the worst girls. She really needs to step up her game but is becoming more obvious that she is very young. Her nerves seem to really get the better of her each week. She has so much raw potential and she is gorgeous that I think it will buy her a few more weeks, but she really needs to step it up or she is done.

I honestly dont see all the hype in Melissa R, she has done nothing impressive and has no personality what-so-ever. I have yet to see her stand out, other than the fact that she looks like Nicole.

she has one of hte best voices in my opinion, and whenever she is in a group she is the one that I watch... but I dont think she is going to make it
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo82;2301143;
    she has one of hte best voices in my opinion, and whenever she is in a group she is the one that I watch... but I dont think she is going to make it
    While she has a great voice, she always sounds out of breath during the dancing--weird, because she seems to be in shape.

She was a huge preshow fav for me, but she's sinking unless she shows a wonderful personality or better talent than she has recently ...

Ann Markley: my top model Astridr's Avatar
    Melissa R & Chelsea were my faves from episode 1 and it hasnt changed. In fact watching the other girls makes me love them more..

Much as I thought Chelsea might be the best singer, I prefer the tone to Melissa's voice. Something about Chels makes me root for her as the underdog but I see Melissa R winning this thing. And if either of them dont win I'd be quite pissed, the other girls some have alot more talent than other but not so strong a pretty face, and others are just plain... i just want some of them to shut up.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. Is
    Refback This thread
    04-21-2007, 05:21 AM
  2. 04-20-2007, 09:29 PM
  3. Is
    Refback This thread
    04-20-2007, 08:29 PM
  4. Is
    Refback This thread
    04-20-2007, 02:46 PM