Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Search For The Next Pussycat Doll

The Search For The Next Pussycat Doll

I stumbled across this on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pussyca...eality_Project

Pussycat Dolls Reality Project
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search
    This article or section contains information about a scheduled upcoming television series.
    It may contain non-definitive information based on commercials, a website or interviews. The information may still change as the date of the show's premiere approaches.

The Search for the Next Pussycat Doll is the working title for a upcoming reality series that will debut in the 2006–2007 TV season on The CW network. The series will take place over the course of eight weeks. The series is a joint venture of 10 Entertainment, Pussycat Dolls, LLC, Jimmy Iovine's Interscope A&M Records, Wonderland Sound and Vision, and Warner Horizon Television
    [edit]

Details

The series will follow a group of diverse young women from all walks of life, who will learn to express their femininity with both confidence and poise through performance, and discover that in every woman there's a Pussycat Doll. The girls, who will also live together during the course of the series, will be groomed under the group's founder Robin Antin (Who is also the series co-producer/creator) and will be put under the microscope as they are judged on their vocal and dancing ability. The winner will join The Pussycat Dolls as the act's seventh member alongside the current six members (Ashley Roberts, Melody Thornton, Kimberly Wyatt, Nicole Scherzinger, Carmit Bachar and Jessica Sutta), who will also appear in the series. In addition, portions of the series will also air live as well.
    [edit]

External link

* Details from The Futon Critic
    I never would have guessed that there was a current shortage of Pussycat Dolls. Apparently they need one more!

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey
    gee, what's next? the search for the next........

So I guess expressing one's femininity with confidence requires grinding about a stage in lingerie. And since when did vocal talent become a requirement for this group of lip-syncing trollops… oops, I mean "strong women."

I guess I'm in a mood tonight,
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by jasmar View Post
    So I guess expressing one's femininity with confidence requires grinding about a stage in lingerie. And since when did vocal talent become a requirement for this group of lip-syncing trollops… oops, I mean "strong women."

I guess I'm in a mood tonight,
    Nicole Scherzinger is actually reasonably talented.

The rest of them? Well, they could have been pulled off audition lines of "So You Think You Can Dance".

Of course even Nicole is err... only a star because of Reality Television: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicole_Scherzinger

Okay. Maybe great genes helped a bit too...

I found this little throw away line in her bio interesting:
    It was revealed in 2006 that the Dolls are salaried employees of Interscope Records, giving the label a high level of control over the group's finances and business decisions.
    Ah. So the puppet strings aren't even all that subtle... "Salaried". Meaning they earn a paycheck, NOT a share.

Ah. Here's some info on why Interscope may want more "Dolls" (besides money earned from a Reality Show). On the Wiki page for group member Melody Thornton, there's this info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melody_Thornton
    Future Plans

In mid-July 2006 Melody publically announced that she plans to begin a solo career using the group (The Pussycat Dolls) as a "stepping stone" and eventually becoming a solo artist like pop music superstars Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey.
    Good luck to her, but it probably won't happen. As I recall, she actually DOES sing a lot of the backup behind Nicole, but she's no Mariah. If someone the Dolls hired only in 2003 is already looking for an escape, then I suppose Interscope realizes they all may eventually fly the coop. So they need more interchangable dancing Barbies to take their place.
    Last edited by Krom; 08-20-2006 at 01:39 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Lex
    Who in the world would want to be in this no-talent group? It amazes me that they've had any success at singing.

I once saw them perform on a talk show and the only thing preventing me from jamming pencils in my ears was the mute button... then it was remarkably better.
    "Ah don't hayave an acksent." - Kellie Pickler 2006

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Nicole is talented and I'm sure the others are too. But surely they can showcase that talent without squatting and thrusting so much while they sing.
    I'm with jasmar. I'm sick of of seeing skankiness equated with femininity and being a strong woman.

ETA: I think Melody's best hopes for solo time will be as the new lead pussycat after Nicole leaves.
    Last edited by rt1ky; 08-25-2006 at 08:53 PM.

wow
    reality tv
    is turning into almost anything

lol, I absolutely adore Nicole!!! I knew, KNEW, she was the same Nicole that was on Popstars, she was my favorite then, and my favorite now!!! I will say that she's growing a big head...none of the other girls really sing and pretty much just hump the air or a pole...or a chair...or the floor...or each other...lol whatever lol these girl and their songs are a bit too racey...but i love them...there songs are very...i dont know how to explain it, but they make me feel strong, sensual as a female lol if that makes any sense at all lol

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    isn't Robin Anton the sister of that idiot Johnathan from Blow out...I think I'm gonna cry!!!

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess View Post
    lol, I absolutely adore Nicole!!! I knew, KNEW, she was the same Nicole that was on Popstars, she was my favorite then, and my favorite now!!! I will say that she's growing a big head...none of the other girls really sing and pretty much just hump the air or a pole...or a chair...or the floor...or each other...lol
    Why would she be getting a big head? She was hired to be the leader of the group and have to most singing time. The others knew what they were getting into.

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy View Post
    isn't Robin Anton the sister of that idiot Johnathan from Blow out...I think I'm gonna cry!!!
    Yes. She was on ane episode of Blow were where Jonathon helped her picked the cast of the Las Vegas version of the dolls. She also said that Jonathon helped her come up the the style for the pussycat dolls. That could be taken as a compliment or culpability.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast