+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Search For The Next Pussycat Doll

which one is nicole... which is melody? can someone help with the pictures... I thought it was melody who is the leader and venturing out on a solo project? am i confused?

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGirl;2243855;
    My cousin's wife took her 6 year old to see the PussyCat Dolls in concert. She thought it would be a nice, family event. :nono
    I've read reviews of PussyCat Doll concerts and some of the dancing described made me uncomfortable. One reviewer described it as "sex with the floor."

lol, thats no surprise, lets face it, if they're not humping poles, they're humping chairs or each other. The Pussycat Dolls does come from burlesque...so it shouldn't come as any surprise. I love them and support PCD, but the people who bring their children to these things are just asking for trouble.

I hear they're supporting Christina Aguilera on tour, or at least that's the rumour I heard for her Toronto show.
    Christina has had her own brushes with skankiness, but I think generally she's cleaned up her act and has always been fairly popular with youngsters.
    I imagine there might be a few parents take their children to see Christina and get an unfortunate eyeful of this bunch.
    There are far better ways to express your strong sense of femininty and your power as a woman than thrusting your barely-clad groin at all and sundry, imo.
    How about learing to play your instruments, writing your own songs, hell, learning how to sing would be a start for most of this group.
    I doubt anyone can argue that the likes of Sarah McLaughlin, The Dixie Chicks and Alicia Keys aren't strong women, they don't have to go this route in order to achieve success.
    This type of act is the fall-back for women who have little else to offer, which is a shame because they are clearly talented trained dancers.
    Last edited by fluff; 02-23-2007 at 02:31 PM.

Yes, the Pussycat Dolls along with Danity Kane opened up for Christina Aguilera.

There are far better ways to express your strong sense of femininty and your power as a woman than thrusting your barely-clad groin at all and sundry, imo.
    I would agree with with what you say to a certain extent, but the reality of the matter is... Sex sales...and kids are learning earlier and earlier. Its not a pleasant thing to think about, but I think thats what our culture has turned to.

Yes, sex does sell, but it's not the only thing that sells.
    The women I mentioned in my post above are all massively talented so don't have to stoop to the level of PCD.
    If you really don't have anything else to offer, just strip to the minimum clothing and dry hump anything that moves.
    If you're talented, get up on stage and sing.
    You'll be just as successful and you'll likely be remembered as more than a nameless female who could be replaced by any one of a thousand others.

If women just passively accept that this is what you have to do to have a career then God knows what will be required by the time my children are adults.

I would love to see this show. It reminds me of Making the Band. (Which needs another season!) I think this show is going to allow Nicole to bow out gracefully and embark on a solo career.

I wonder if this does mean Nicole will leave, or any other of the members of PCD for that matter (even though half of them couldnt book any other job if they wanted). Anyways...i wonder if this is a way to replace a member or to gain a seventh...I always figured they wanted a seventh so they could put Nicole in the middle without having Melody off to the side...in the music videos/live performance, Melody always has to sit out off on her own...

Either way...I can't wait to see what this show has to offer...I'm surprised I don't remember Melissa from Making the Band or American Idol.

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;2259652;
    Either way...I can't wait to see what this show has to offer...I'm surprised I don't remember Melissa from Making the Band or American Idol.
    I don't recall Melissa from American Idol, but I definitely remember her from Making the Band. She was one of the girls that was used to "scare" Aundrea at different times into thinking she wasn't going to make the band. She couldn't sing and she was a total idiot. I am so turned off by her that I hope she is not on the show long, because I don't want to sit through another season of her.

The preview during ANTM was not very encouraging at all. None of these girls look very attractive and the dancing didn't look very impressive either.

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs;2258023;
    I would love to see this show. It reminds me of Making the Band. (Which needs another season!) I think this show is going to allow Nicole to bow out gracefully and embark on a solo career.
    I agree, i just seen an extended preview and it looked very entertaining like MTB, probably not as funny though

more and more shhh to record

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast