+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: 9/15 PR15 Road to the Runway and Premiere Show *West Coast Spoilers*

9/15 PR15 Road to the Runway and Premiere Show *West Coast Spoilers*

Road to the Runway / An Unconventional Launch Party - At 8PM ET, host Tim Gunn introduces Season 15's designers with a behind-the-scenes peek at their casting auditions.

Then at 9PM ET. the season begin with 16 designers arriving in New York City, but a twist finds their launch party turning into an unconventional-materials challenge. Here, they must use party decorations to create their first look. Savannah Guthrie os a guest judge.

Enjoy the show!
    woodiedog likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 9/15 PR15 Road to the Runway and Premiere Show *West Coast Spoilers*

The unconventional challenge right away - - love it!

Some of these personalities seem like they were chosen JUST because of the quirkiness. Hope they can design too. I don't have any favorites yet, nor am I hating on anyone yet either, so that's good.
    dzigner and woodiedog like this.

FORT Fogey

I'm not liking Dexter much. Well, specifically, I don't care for his designs--I haven't seen enough of him to know if I dislike him. But I didn't like his stuff in the casting special, and I agree with Tim: his top is just a pillow without the stuffing and his skirt is the umbrella without its ribs. Also, while I generally like color, his top is giving me a headache.

And his Tim Gunn impression is nowhere near as good as Santino's.
    dzigner, Moontat, Babbred and 1 others like this.

FORT Fogey

Okay, my new favorite is the model who just said, "Glitter is the herpes of art supplies. It spreads."
    ClosetRTWatcher and woodiedog like this.

Erin seems delusional about her time management!

The crumpled paper dress is something I could do. It's not horrible, but it's too simple for the challenge, to me.

Who's the little guy w/ the polaroids? He's pretty annoying. I don't think they all have to agree with Tim, but to be so obstinate does bother me. Why go on the show if you can't take a critique?
    dzigner, Moontat, Babbred and 1 others like this.

I don't agree with what they're saying about Brik's look. I don't think it's THAT mis-matched. I liked both pieces. Poor guy's crying in the back room, apparently they criticized his styling too. It was not that bad!! More interesting than many of those "safe" looks, that's for sure.

The little guy with his polaroid MyLittlePony look is getting cut down for his dumb dress, but he's still being obstinate. Not creative enough, they said - he didn't do enough. He's calling B.S. in the back room. SMH

I can't believe they liked the big fluffy rug dress! It wasn't all that creative to me, either. He cut up a rug and some pillows ... so what? Not impressed.

The yellow dress actually turned out cute, and the gumballs didn't fall off!
    dzigner, sparklete and woodiedog like this.

I think I pegged Ian as a possible first-auf as I was doing the bio threads. His answers just sent up a flare for me. He seems like he's in his own very tighlly wound cocoon.

Looks like a good cast in general.
    Babbred, woodiedog and jeanne like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

I hate that Dexter sold his dress as somehow ersatz Alaska native and that the judges bought that line. Real Native American stuff is way more interesting than that.

My favorite is still the model who called glitter the herpes of art supplies. And really, glitter pants? Everywhere you went, you'd leave a trail behind you, and if you sat down, you'd grind it into the furniture.

My second favorite line of the night was Tasha calling Tim "Boss Man," particularly given Tim's amused reaction to that.

Some of Tim's facial expressions during the runway show were hilarious! Love him! <3
    woodiedog and jeanne like this.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

We're just watching the casting show here in AZ. My only comment so far is that Mondo (whom I loved on his year of PR) has gone from quirky to laughable.
    Babbred, woodiedog and jeanne like this.
    I'm Paula.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast