+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: 2/23 PR Junior 2 - Season Finale Show Discussion

2/23 PR Junior 2 - Season Finale Show Discussion

Finale, Part Two - Conclusion. In the second-season finale, the young designers finish their collections and showcase them in front of a live audience in Los Angeles. Later, guest judge Olivia Holt helps determine the winner.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Re: 2/23 PR Junior 2 - Season Finale Show Discussion

Okay, I just have to say that I'm darn certain that by the time I was in the tenth grade, I knew what the word "tawdry" meant. Do none of these teenagers read?

And I kinda agree that Haawaa does have something of an advantage in having gotten feedback from the judges already. Maybe when they use run-offs to figure out the final contestant, they should judge the lines completely blind, without the designers there, and just tell them later who won.

"I feel an overwhelming wave of overwhelmingness." Ack! Again, don't they read that they can't come up with a better way to express their feelings (and yes, I know they're under stress and anxious, but still....)
    Last edited by Tilden; 02-23-2017 at 09:24 PM.

Izzy got the best critique from Tim, it seems, and while her things look nice, there doesn't seem to be anything exciting or new. But, I have to say I'd rather have her win than Hawwaa. Just seeing those strange overalls again reminded me of how ugly the circus designs are.

FORT Fogey

The whole show is making me miss some of the designers we've lost along the way. If Tieler hadn't fallen apart in the last couple of weeks, he could have wiped the floor with this stuff.

It's hard to tell without seeing everything walking, but Izzy seems to have the best collection. It's not that I'm crazy about it, but it looks the most like an actual collection, it appears to be well made, and it seems reasonably marketable--as in, it could be adapted for mass marketing purposes and a variety of people might be willing (and able) to wear it. Which means she'll probably lose because it isn't weird enough to keep Ms. Purple Hair happy.

FORT Fogey

Christian's outfit looks a bit like Chris's line. Actually, I thought the first two lines looked better than I expected them to look from what we were able to see beforehand and from what Tim's critiques said about them. Certainly they looked better than what I saw last week of the circus geek line from Haawaa. Of the two, Chris's looked the most like an actual collection, however.

FORT Fogey

First, I feel bad that I've not been spelling Hawwaa's name correctly. I thought it was Haawaa, not Hawwaa.

Second, I really hope she doesn't win. Her collection is just too weird, and I will not miss seeing her peculiar lip color choices (for herself, I mean, not her models).

I think Chris or Izzy probably ought to win, but who knows what will happen with this group of judges.
    Photobabe likes this.

FORT Fogey

Oh, lovely. No one's going to criticize Hawwaa at all. The closest to saying anything negative was Christian, whose opinion I probably respect the most. I can't believe they had bigger problems with Chris's line than with Hawwaa's.

If this comes down to Izzy and Hawwaa, given the critiques, Izzy had best win.

I haven't read yet because I'm not done, but had a couple of comments at the beginning of he runway show.

First, the hostess of the show is wearing an outfit that I find a bit inappropriate for PR Juniors.

Second, holy cow how did I not realize previously that Aya Kanai is quite tall!?!?

Third, who the heck is Olivia Holt?? And does this question make me old?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Photobabe, Babbred and jeanne like this.

FORT Fogey

On Hawwaa's collection: Kelly: "I love that collection!" Is anyone, anyone at all, surprised? Then she goes on to say that she will always fight for Hawwaa because her look is unique and different.

And as they're talking now, it sounds like the rest of them are willing to give into Princess Purple Hair, just because she's the only one who's really sold on one particular designer. If that's what happens at the end of a season where a lot of young designers showed a lot of talent--and frankly, nicer attitudes than Hawwaa (what she did on that early team challenge still grates on my nerves)--it will be such a disappointment (for me, at least). If it were up to me, I'd give it to Chris at this point. I don't get why they all hate the last look so much, but I think he had the most original, yet still marketable, looks and nothing seemed to be too juvenile or too old. Plus, I just think he picked good fabrics in terms of how they moved coming down the runway.
    navybelle and jeanne like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I haven't read yet because I'm not done, but had a couple of comments at the beginning of he runway show.

First, the hostess of the show is wearing an outfit that I find a bit inappropriate for PR Juniors.

Second, holy cow how did I not realize previously that Aya Kanai is quite tall!?!?

Third, who the heck is Olivia Holt?? And does this question make me old?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I looked up Olivia Holt. She's worked primarily for Disney series movies/series and she's not yet twenty. So, I don't think the fact that you didn't know who she is makes you especially old.
    ClosetRTWatcher and Babbred like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast