+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Project Runway in the Media

Re: Project Runway in the Media

Sorry to hear about Wendy Pepper she was only 53.
    No goat killers on my island.

Michael Costello designed the dress that Ciara just wore to Serena Williams' wedding.

https://twitter.com/ciara?ref_src=tw...Ctwgr%5Eauthor
    Arielflies and ryansmommy like this.

Kao

I'm so glad that they aren't having winners of PR back on All-Stars. I got really, really tired of seeing them win again, and I felt like their inclusion was really unfair to the other designers. I think I'll tune in this time.
    Bearcata and navybelle like this.

Following up on news reported in some of the show threads -- this news broke on Wednesday:

‘Project Runway’ Future in Doubt Amid Weinstein Co. Bankruptcy - Variety

A+E Networks Terminated Its ‘Project Runway’ Deal With The Weinstein Co. - Deadline

So PR is sort of cancelled for the time being. It looks like A&E (which owns Lifetime) may bid for the ownership of the show whenever the bankruptcy proceedings kick into action. So the show may not be dead, but it may be a while before we see another season.
    Arielflies and petertracy like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Following up on news reported in some of the show threads -- this news broke on Wednesday:

‘Project Runway’ Future in Doubt Amid Weinstein Co. Bankruptcy - Variety

A+E Networks Terminated Its ‘Project Runway’ Deal With The Weinstein Co. - Deadline

So PR is sort of cancelled for the time being. It looks like A&E (which owns Lifetime) may bid for the ownership of the show whenever the bankruptcy proceedings kick into action. So the show may not be dead, but it may be a while before we see another season.
    I don't know - if Stanley wins it all I think a lot of fans won't care if it comes back for another season or not. He is definitely not the strongest designer of the three (or four including Ken) but it seems that they have been pushing for his win.

Not surprised though as far as its current status due to Weinstein.
    Ancient City likes this.

Kao

Maybe the Magical Elves can get it back again? And make it into the great show it once was?
    MFWalkoff and sunnydayz like this.

To the Point
    Last edited by NCLurker; 04-16-2018 at 07:04 PM.

I would really hate for PR to not be a viewing option anymore. I enjoy it enough to actually want to keep up with what's happening every season, and I can't say that for most television shows I watch.

I literally spend more time watching old episodes of this and that than anything that's relatively new. I do like PR.

I'm sorry, but I didn't know where else to put this.

I was watching the finale of "Glam Masters" this week, and the guest judge for one of the challenges was Michael Costello! The prize for that challenge was getting to work with Michael's "glam team" when he made his next showing at NY Fashion Week. The contestants were over the moon with happiness when they recognized him. Whoo hoo!

I remember that horrible season of PR when poor Michael was bullied to no end by those nasty women (I won't even say their names). At one point he called home and said he was on the point of a nervous breakdown and wanted to quit. And now look. When Laverne Cox introduced him on GM, she rattled off a list of female celebrities for whom he has designed. And he's showing with the big boys at Fashion Week. Looks like the old saying is true. Success is the best revenge, baby!
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread