Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By navybelle
  • 1 Post By ibot2much
  • 1 Post By Babbred
  • 1 Post By Kao
  • 1 Post By jadewarlock

Thread: 2/1 - PR All Stars 6 Show Discussion

2/1 - PR All Stars 6 Show Discussion

Fashion's New Superheroes - Designers create looks to celebrate a woman's inner superhero. Guest judge is Karolina Kurkiva.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 2/1 - PR All Stars 6 Show Discussion

The theme/challenge was pretty stupid, but I thought many of them did an excellent job.

I really disagreed with their decisions for the winner and the eliminated designer! First of all, how did Joshua not end up in the bottom? He made some comment about wanting to get noticed, but he ended up just being safe. Much to my surprise. That was a weird design.

Ken's bald cap was weird too. His dress (pantsuit?) was fine, but not finished well.

I loved Anthony's dress, and it seemed the judges did too. Why didn't he win? I love Fabio, but the outfit was nothing that fashion-forward, I thought. Alyssa wanted Anthony's dress, Isaac loved the necklines, the guest judge thought it was fresh, and Georgina loved the fabric, so what happened?? He deserved the win. That white dress was memorable but Fabio's was not. Edmond should have been safe and Joshua should've been in the bottom.

Merline gets to stay, after they ripped her sewing, and her repetitive designs?? Why? I thought they'd give Amanda credit for sewing something different for her, and it was a lot of work, but Merline can't even sew! Amanda's was ugly, for sure, but I don't think she should've gone home.

The dress I loved the most was the striped black and white one - can't remember right now which designer made it, but it was stunning and innovative.
    beerbelly, Coco46, lilymax and 1 others like this.

I called Anthony's David's Bridal while Joshua was the wedding night. I agreed with the Fabio win but Merlene should have been aufed.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fogey

Merline has had way too many lives...The sewing was like high school home ec student on her first Simplicity pattern...terrible.
    tinderbox likes this.

I liked what that one designer said, about how Merline's outfit looked like something from Star Wars. It was so true! And I say that as a fan of SW.

Not much to say about the rest of the challenge. I also thought it was silly and the outfits just meh.

I do love Anthony, though. That was awesome the way he treated Helen at the beginning. Act like a child, get treated like a child. Yep! And I love his comments on the fashions. "I don't know where she's going with that dress, but she's not going to get there."
    Last edited by Babbred; 02-02-2018 at 04:49 PM.
    Coco46 likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I'm surprised Merline stayed too -- her stuff is too predictable with not enough wow factor to it.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Kao

The black and white dress was Char's. It was wonderful, and should have been in the top three.

Amanda...what happened? Her dress looked so cute in her sketches. I'm thinking bad materials did her in, but the person that should have gone home was Josh, because his outfit was tacky and ugly.

I really enjoy Merline's point of view, but this is the second week she's sent something down the runway that was stitched sloppily and was almost a repeat of something we've already seen from her. She needs to step it up, or be gone.

And speaking of stepping up, Anthony is doing marvelous this season. His dress was so flowy and pretty, and I loved the sleeves. This should have been the winning design. Edmond's dress looked inexpensive without the cape. Ken'sd outfit was nice, but needed proper finishing. All said, I enjoyed this challenge. Everyone managed to turn out something decent (except Josh).
    beerbelly likes this.

I like Amanda. Her dress was ugly. Merlene's was worse. They sent the wrong person home BUT neither of them would win this season, anyway.

Anthony's dress was lovely and perfect. It was the epitome of "If you're going to make a little black dress, it must be perfect" that Tim likes to say.

I think he didn't win however because of the color - dragon's blood could've been a bit more colorful. Even an ombre might've helped it just a bit.

Fabio's was a nice dress, but honestly I think he got the win because he had color and snake print. I didn't see much special in his - I mean they're right: Anthony's sleeves are extremely difficult to make.

I think Amanda was wrongly eliminated. That dress was better made than Merlene's and definitely NOT offense like Joshua's. I mean seriously, people have been put in the bottom for far less offenses than Joshua's committed.

Of the bottom two - Merlene should've been eliminated, not Amanda.

You could tell however that most of the designers prefered this challenge over the beach ball ones last week.
    navybelle likes this.

I like Amanda, and I hated to see her go. Even though her dress was ugly, I think she's far more capable of doing something great than some of the ones left. Merlene comes to mind, as does Josh, and Helen. Especially Helen. While some of her designs are nice, they are boring for me because they all seem similar. She just seems tired and bored and over it all. Maybe that's just her personality though. She's a pretty unpleasant-seeming person. She reminds me of a vampire. Not a hot, sexy vampire....just a walking dead type. Lol.

I think had Amanda stayed, she wouldn't have won. But I do think she would have shown us some interesting and lovely designs. Not sure the others I mentioned are really going to do that.

+ Reply to Thread