+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: 1/25 - PR All Stars 6 Show Discussion

1/25 - PR All Stars 6 Show Discussion

Balls Out! - In the notorious Unconventional Challenge, designers use all types of balls to create modern day "ball gowns."

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 1/25 - PR All Stars 6 Show Discussion

They were all actually pretty good. No absolute disasters, but of the bottom two Candice's was the lowest look. If she had SPLIT that Yoga ball into panels and done a pleated skirt, I think she and Helen would've been in and Amanda would've been eliminated.

Why Amanda? - With Helen and Candice's dresses, the tops looked nice but the skirts were not well thougth IMHO. Amanda's just looked bad top to bottom.

On the top looks... I honestly think Fabio was gyped of the win. Stanley's IS nice I'll give you that, but you can still tell what it's made of. Fabio's - nope, it looked expensive.

Of the other dresses - I love Anthony but he was lucky there were worse looks. The one that was supposedly a "leather" look to me looked like a trash bag, one dress looked like a bunch of those party flowers on the hip and just was unflattering, and the one made of softballs was borderline in good taste. (He was lucky htere were worse looks - he should've used muslin.)

Honestly I liked both volleyball dresses the most, and wish both were in the top looks.

Ball gowns ⚽️🏐🏀🏉🏈🎱⚾️🎾

Project runway all stars look bored and insulted by this challenge. The woman who came in to critique their work was greeted with sneers and sighs.

Helen thought she was all that and got her just desserts by the judges and her co contestants.

The best part of the show was watching them in the bouncy house!
    Coco46 likes this.

I agree. All that ennui was a drag. I wonder how long they had to "talk" to Helen before she came out on the stage. Not a good look for TV designers.
    woodiedog likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Helen has always looked bad and acted badly. Here she looks bad, frumpy, tired, and over it. Her comments about the glue were cheap and tacky. Her look wasn't much better, whether or not glue was used.

I agree that the gold dress should have won. Georgina is worse than ever with her snobbery.

I just wish they had sent Helen home. I like Candace.
    woodiedog likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I agree. All that ennui was a drag. I wonder how long they had to "talk" to Helen before she came out on the stage. Not a good look for TV designers.
    I think it's telling that last season, they showed all of the backstage exchanges when Michael walked off, but with professional drama queen Helen, they didn't bother. She wasn't worth it.
    petertracy and woodiedog like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I loved Fabio's dress, and think he should've had another win. The other volleyball dress was just okay; it seemed bunchier or something, not as well done. The softball dress was interesting - I liked it! Yes, a little extra coverage would be in order for anywhere off the runway, but it was well done and clever.

Stanley's reminded me of a goldfish, complete with scales. I can't believe that won.

Helen's dress didn't bother me, but her "shade" did. She really was insulting, and the fact she couldn't see that, and blew up, was ridiculous.

I didn't like Candace's dress or design at all, so I understand why she was eliminated, but I do like her as a person and think she designs well too. Bummer!

Someone's got to do something about Alyssa's style! She looks horrible most of the time! I thought Georgina was dripping a bit too much with the jewels too. Her earrings and dress could've been attached from the way it looked.
    woodiedog likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post

Someone's got to do something about Alyssa's style! She looks horrible most of the time! I thought Georgina was dripping a bit too much with the jewels too. Her earrings and dress could've been attached from the way it looked.
    Alyssa should consider wearing skirt lengths at the knee or just under. Loose fitted tops might also suit her better. Can't comment on Georgina's jewels as I don't notice accessories so much as the clothes.

I'm surprised they were allowed to use a muslin under dress and that the gluey dress won the challenge. I remember some seasons when, with the unconventional challenge, you couldn't have muslin in the final product. Anyway, if Candace's skirt had held the round bell shape all the way around, she might still be there.
    woodiedog likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Alyssa should consider wearing skirt lengths at the knee or just under. Loose fitted tops might also suit her better. Can't comment on Georgina's jewels as I don't notice accessories so much as the clothes.

I'm surprised they were allowed to use a muslin under dress and that the gluey dress won the challenge. I remember some seasons when, with the unconventional challenge, you couldn't have muslin in the final product. Anyway, if Candace's skirt had held the round bell shape all the way around, she might still be there.
    From my understanding muslin cannot be showing in the finished product but can be used as a base. Someone DID get in trouble trying to use Muslim as most of design.

I agree on Candace - that or she did pleats/petals (like a Roman tunic) for a skirt.
    woodiedog likes this.

Helen are you so unaware that you didn't realize you insulted all your cast mates in front of the judges and that they might be a bit upset with you?
    Kao, petertracy and Babbred like this.
    No goat killers on my island.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast