• 3 Post By navybelle
  • 1 Post By navybelle
  • 1 Post By Lizard
  • 2 Post By ibot2much
  • 3 Post By Newsboi
  • 1 Post By JosephD

Thread: 1/18 - PR All Stars 6 Show Discussion

1/18 - PR All Stars 6 Show Discussion

Perfect Pairings - The designers pair up to create fashion inspired by food and wine pairings. Whoopi Goldberg joins the judges for the first ever double elimination.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 1/18 - PR All Stars 6 Show Discussion

What's with the giant napkin stuck onto Alyssa's dress? Ick.
    Lizard, Silver18 and Coco46 like this.

And as long as I'm judging, Fabio's own outfits he's wearing this episode kind of crack me up. He's cute.

There were so many disappointing garments on the runway this time! Merline's was a mess. Several were just plain boring. Ari's was cheap looking, and the judges didn't like her sheer fabric with the strategically placed beads (except Whoopie liked it in the back). Anthony's dress was pretty, and creative with the painting he did on the waistline and that cute black belt, though the bust was weird. I liked the blue dress Kimberly did to go with Anthony's. It's nice to see Anthony's doing very well this time!

Ken and Fabio win with their elegant looks. I liked one part of Ken's wide hips, but not the parts that looked like the upside down umbrella dress done before. Fabio's was really pretty.

Melissa and Ari seemed crushed to be eliminated, but it was pretty fair compared to everyone else's.

Oh, bummer, no extended preview of next week's episode? Wait, I see it's after this model show. I guess they're trying to snag an audience for it, who might not hate watching girls being snotty and rude.
    Lizard likes this.

Melissa and Ari going home was fair. Both had issues. Georgina calling Ari's belly button showing outfit slutty made me wince. After all her husband would like that. Georgina should rethink her vocabulary. Although the attraction was really power. Things the power hungry will tolerate to fill their needs.

I like both top two sets. For me I would want to wear the blue fabric one.

It is a good thing Merline's partner did not have to suffer because of Merline's bad composition.
    PA Snow Bunny likes this.
    The last word isn't really important in situations when nobody is listening.

I thought Ken and Fabio’s designs were perfection.

FORT Fogey

I see that they highlighted Whoopie's vast shoe collection ( as the reason why she was a judge?). I guess that is enough...but she always looks like a bag lady when I see her on TV.
    PA Snow Bunny and Coco46 like this.

FORT Fan

I was giggling every time she said she'd wear what they were critiquing. I've never seen her in anything but a mu mu, caftan or Chinese prison uniform.
    PA Snow Bunny, Silver18 and Coco46 like this.
    Trust Me!

This episode was so underwhelming. I didn't care for any of the garments. I actually liked Ari's dress but I would have preferred the model's belly button covered as well her behind. I was shocked to see Merline stay after seeing her final gown. I thought it was the worst of the bunch.

Totally agree about Whoopi. Not sure why she was there. Nothing she wears is fashionable. ...."bag lady"....lol
    PA Snow Bunny likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I see that they highlighted Whoopie's vast shoe collection ( as the reason why she was a judge?). I guess that is enough...but she always looks like a bag lady when I see her on TV.

I know! And I'm sorry, but those shoes they "advertised" looked hideous. I guess that they brought her on for her personality.

Anthony's dress was lovely. Kimberly's, though, was just blue fabric with cleavage.

Merline's dress was horrible. And what was up the uneven pant legs on Candace's outfit? They should have gone home.

Off-white and pink? Those were the colors I used for my wedding! Melissa had the same problem as Kimberly. Her dress was just a piece of pink fabric with a belt. I laughed when Whoopi agreed and said it looked like something she would wear! Ari's dress was pretty, but I really could have done without all the skin showing.

Ken and Fabio's outfits weren't spectacular, but they were the only ones without issues so I agree with them winning.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I do have to say that Alissa's taste in clothes sure does differ from mine! Some of her choices are not flattering IMHO. Got to love Whoopie but I sure don't consider her exactly a fashionista! I like Anthony's dress and the winners were Ok but cant get into the box-pleat-hip-thingies.

+ Reply to Thread