+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Arielflies
  • 1 Post By Bearcata

Thread: 1/11 - PR All Stars 6 Show Discussion

1/11 - PR All Stars 6 Show Discussion

Damsels in Distress - Designers tear, dye and burn to create distressed fashion for a post-apocalyptic runway.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 1/11 - PR All Stars 6 Premiere Show Discussion

While the designers are so creative, and I'm sure will do well with this challenge, I am not excited about distressed clothes in an apocalyptic fashion show.
    We'll see....

Anthony cracks me up! He scrubbed his finger, and backed up saying what sounded like "Way'Min'Bich" thinking he was bleeeeding. LOL
    Last edited by navybelle; 01-11-2018 at 10:12 PM.

Kelly's dress looks horrible to me. Not feeling it!

Like Isaac said, it was definitely not a boring runway show.
    Lots of messiness, but there were some that had some beauty to the distressing/destroying.

Top looks: Anthony ("distressed and fresh as a daisy" according to Isaac!), Merline, Ari
    Bottom: Stanley, Shar, Kelly

The only thing that bugged me in their critiquing was saying Ari's holey bottom was awesome, but Shar's looked like it was caught in a lawnmower - isn't that what it all was supposed to look like?

I did kinda like Shar's pants with trains off the back, though. Not sure they're practical in real life, or apocalyptic life either. LOL

Anthony wins!
    And Kelly goes home - I'm surprised actually. I thought they'd send Stanley home, because Kelly's more interesting!

NOOOOO! Stanley should have gone home over Kelly! Agree with the win, but not the loss.
    beerbelly, tinderbox and sparklete like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Don't understand why Kelly went home over Stanley. I thought she was more interesting. That decision just seemed wrong.
    tinderbox likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

I was surprised that no one practiced the blow torch burning technique on a piece of scrap material before actually using it on their garment. That could have lead to a disaster.

I liked Amanda's look the best, but Andrew and Ari's looks were good as well. I wasn't crazy about Kelly or Stanley's look, and I would have been fine with either one of them going home, but I do think Kelly's was more inventive than Stanley's apocalyptic prom dress. Based on creativity, Stanley should have gone.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

Kao

I really enjoyed this runway; so many good looks! I liked Ari and Merline's looks the best. While I like Kelly, I totally understood why she went home, because no editing went into her piece. There was that top (which was nice), then fishnet, then another fabric...it was all too much.

Re: 1/11 - PR All Stars 6 Show Discussion

Surprised to see Kelly go home so early. She's pretty talented. But her designs sometimes still reflect her youth. Not always a bad thing, but I guess the judges didn't like it. Too bad, I like her. Thought Ken should have gone first, him or Helen. I won't mind them going home.

Re: 1/11 - PR All Stars 6 Show Discussion

I didn't like this challenge. Anthony spoke for me when he said he liked his fabrics pretty. I will say, though, that I liked how the top designers rose to the challenge and created beauty out of ugliness. I loved both Anthony's and Merline's dresses. I would have been happy with either one of them winning. I would have swapped Edmond for Stanley, though, to round out the top.

Kelly's outfit wasn't necessarily the worse. Those ear muffs killed her, though. They looked ridiculous. And her story sounded silly, too. Ice Princess from another planet? It reminded me of "Frozen."

Ari's dress looked like a shredded bathrobe.

Speaking of which, Alyssa was right. Char's pantsuit looked like it had been shredded in a lawn mower.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread