Char Glover

All Stars 6 - Rookie

Los Angeles, CA
Project Runway Season 13 (4th Place)
#DesignerChar

Bring us up to speed! What have you been up to since your time on “Project Runway”?
Since “Project Runway” I have relocated to Los Angeles and started a ready-to-wear fashion brand called RocknRemix. It’s street style meets high-end. I’ve just been building and growing my brand, and also designing custom pieces for celebrities.

What garment from your season of “Runway” do fans compliment you on the most to this day?
Honestly, the yellow piece I was eliminated for… just kidding! The black and white stripe bomber I presented at Fashion Week.

What do you think you are best remembered for from your season?
My character and the way I carried myself. I get so many emails and Facebook messages from people sending me good vibes and positive energy. My designs are subjective, but the fact that me just being me touched so many people, that’s what really matters and makes me happy.

What are your strengths as a designer at this point in your career? Any weaknesses you’re still working on?
My strengths I think is knowing how to fit my clients and making each client feel like my pieces are made just for them. My weakness…(scratches head)… not having a larger team to help me.

How has your design aesthetic changed since your time on the show, if at all?
It has changed tremendously! One of the many lessons I learned from the show and a jewel that Zac and Nina gave me was to design pieces I would wear. They both complimented me on my style and before that I never considered designing from that point of view. Now I have a muse in my head. That changed everything!

Who is your favorite fellow “Project Runway” designer from any season, including yours, and why?
I’ll say my late great friend Micheal Knight. He had an ease and lightness to his designs. It was never forced. He knew how to make a women look empowered! We met and became great friends. We both moved to L.A. around the same time and shared so many great convos, fun times and supported each other. He will truly be missed.

What makes you all-star material?
Because I’m talented and awesome! #Simple

Project Runway All Stars Cast | Lifetime