Melissa Fleis

All Stars 6 - Veteran

Los Angeles, CA
Project Runway Season 10 (3rd Place)
Project Runway All Stars Season 3 (9th Place)
#DesignerMelissa

Bring us up to speed! What have you been up to since your time on “Project Runway”?
I continue to design and market the Melissa Fleis line.

What garment from your season of “Runway” do fans compliment you on the most to this day?
There are so many! The “Project Runway” viewers have been incredibly supportive; they are part of the reason I continue to do what I do!

What do you think you are best remembered for from your season?
What I am probably best remembered for is my use of all colors; black is after all a combination of all colors.

What are your strengths as a designer at this point in your career? Any weaknesses you’re still working on?
Designing product is only one small part of being a small business owner. Building strong business acumen is a critical factor for success in the fashion business.

How has your design aesthetic changed since your time on the show, if at all?
Of course it has; you can see some of the evolution on melissafleis.com. Design is not done in a vacuum; we are influenced by our life experiences and the world we live in. Design echoes the zeitgeist.

Who is your favorite fellow “Project Runway” designer from any season, including yours, and why?
My favorite designer was Mychael Knight, who sadly passed away too young. He was funny, talented, compassionate, and authentic.

Project Runway All Stars Cast | Lifetime