+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: 11/30 Project Runway 16 Reunion Show Thread

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/30 Project Runway 16 Reunion Show Thread

Amy certainly was an educational leader in her discussions with the twin..no nonsense for the "yea...buts" and "all I did was...."
    justCoz likes this.

Surprised that Tim did not ask Margarita about her family and if they returned to Puerto Rico after the hurricane...cliffhanger.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Since the twins have already had their own reality shows, they probably came into PR thinking that anything could be cleaned up/reshot if they ever looked bad. It's amazing how everyone else's strong feelings about integrity seemed foreign to them.

Amy came off great, and I was happy about that. In fact I liked everyone on the reunion more than I seemed to during the season.

I agree with justCoz, I was also surprised how much Tim was gushing over the season in general. But I think the addition of normal-sized models was a huge breakthrough, so this season will always be historic for that alone.
    Really? I thought Amy has been making an ass of herself since the show has been airing. I'm actually embarrassed for her.

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy View Post
    Really? I thought Amy has been making an ass of herself since the show has been airing. I'm actually embarrassed for her.
    Has she been doing interviews or podcasts, where?

One thing I did not like at the reunion is when Margarita was starting to explain that she and Batani as Claire's roommates had seen the tape measure at that point Amy stopped Margarita. I was annoyed. Yes, you designers on PR had seen this but nothing has been explained to viewers and I find that very annoying.
    No goat killers on my island.

One random podcast and AfterBuzz.

It's tough to go there for Amy was hands down my favorite going in.

Just finished listening to some AfterBuzz Project Runway ... check out Season 16 Episode 8 with Amy Bond ... the designers knew about the tape measures around episode 5. It does seem that the producers knew and the designers knew that the producers knew and that the producers knew that the designers knew the producers knew.

The big surprise for me was that Claire is the one who wanted to be the designer and that Shawn became a designer because that is what Claire wanted to do and that there was this mindset that the twins be together in a business. This totally explains Shawn's lack of sewing, draping, cutting, and design skills.

Episode 9 is with Margarita and around the 9 minute mark they start talking about the "cheating scandal".

What surprised me about this episode are some of the comments left, claiming that Michael and Margarita were whiners and should have minded their own business. This is a competition for money and equipment and prized worth over $250,000; if someone is cheating and that cheater wins it is OK? That mindset astounds me.
    Kao, ClosetRTWatcher and Moontat like this.
    No goat killers on my island.

FORT Fan

I'm happy the twins back peddled on the cheating and even lied more. We won't ever see them on an All-Stars season because of it.
    Jamie5632 likes this.
    Trust Me!

Says who? The same showrunners that signed up and showcased the twins for season 12 drama? IMO, never wise to say won't ever ...
    ibot2much likes this.

I have not watched the reunion show yet, but have it recorded. After reading through posts, it doesn't seem really worth my while, especially if I have to put up with the twins again....

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy View Post
    Says who? The same showrunners that signed up and showcased the twins for season 12 drama? IMO, never wise to say won't ever ...
    I agree - to a point.

Claire they won't sign up again for an All-Stars. She cheated and admitted to cheating simply having the tape measure in her room for an extended period of time (even if she didn't use it - which I question). They haven't let the first cheater return to the show.

Also, given who the show's sponsors were this year (a threatening on bankruptcy company in JCP and then Avon, which to this day I feel have limited targets) they can't afford to lose even more of them. They're getting worse and worse as it is. They're honestly a heartbeat away from having Faded Glory (Walmart brand) and I don't know some low-rate makeup company be their sponsors (I don't know - Claire's brand, which isn't great).

Shawn however is another story.

As far as I know, she wasn't found to be in possession of any contraband items (tape measure, pen and ink, etc.) No one reported it and it wasn't used for drama.

Plus, they might want to see what she can actually do on her own.

Personally, I think it's best for their ratings that neither return for an AS or redemption series, but I do agree, you never know, at least with one or the other.

And fortunately - I think that neither will return without the other, especially Shawn.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast