+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree168Likes

Thread: 11/16 Project Runway 16 Finale Part 2 Show Thread

Re: 11/16 Project Runway 16 Finale Part 2 Show Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy View Post
    I read somewhere else that Tim didn't come on stage to congratulate Kentaro, which is true ... he didn't.

Frankly, I can't recall another season that Tim didn't come out on stage to congratulate the winner ...
    I don't think it was intentional - but noticed. He's been known to be quite vocal post production about winners he disagreed with the judges voting as winner - even post-Gretchen. (By post-Gretchen I mean the infamous "I don't know what the judges were smoking" comment he made - which IMHO was accurate).

He was especially vocal about Oscar's win in "Under the Gunn" and that was post-Gretchen.

As far as the runway itself, he may have chosen to be respectful to Kentaro by listening to his music instead of talking over it.

Speaking of which - say what many might about Kentaro's fashion - that was a very lovely piece, even if it was supposedly inspired by a dead and buried cat.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Hope Tim is Ok---between saving M, his terrible fall and not pushing B away from his vile fabric choice, he doesn't seem to be himself
    Do we know anything about his "terrible" fall?

I think Tim arrived at Brandon's home way way too late to discuss or have him delete that awful fabric. I'll say, again, I don't believe Tim thought any of the collections worthy of a win but that's just a vibe I got when he was on the home visits. Don't get me wrong, he certainly treated them fairly, cared for them and was supportive but I don't think he liked their creations all that much. Just a gut feeling on my part.

Also, I knew "tool" wasn't the correct spelling for "tulle" but was just too darn lazy to think it through. heh heh heh
    Babbred likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Hope Tim is Ok---between saving M, his terrible fall and not pushing B away from his vile fabric choice, he doesn't seem to be himself

1. Didn't necessarily surprise me. Tim has made lousy choices before in terms of saving designers. Somebody here pointed out that none of Tim's choices made it to the final before Margarita.

2. Ayana's mother asked him point blank what happened. I have to believe that was producer-driven, because otherwise it would have been so tacky.

3. Now that did surprise me. In past seasons there is no way Tim would have refrained from dressing down a designer who produced a collection like that. He really did seem "off" in his critiques. It was as if the collections were all so blah that he couldn't be bothered trying to save them. Or maybe he assumed like the rest of us that Brandon was the anointed winner, so why bother?

And yes, I wondered how his injury might be affecting him. Recently a friend of mine had something similar happen to her. Took a nasty fall that sent her to the ER for stitches on the head. Her doctor prescribed strict rest for the next week so she had to curtail her activities. Even if Tim wasn't in too much pain anymore, it must have been emotionally painful for a dapper man like to have such a visible wound.

And now...on to All-Stars and let's ramp up the drama. And Michael Kors will be back! Yeah! Just recently they did a "Best of the Judges" segment, where they showed the funniest clips from each judge. Oh man, I had forgotten how much I missed MK's barbs. Zac is a cutie, but he's too sweet.
    woodiedog likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    1. Didn't necessarily surprise me. Tim has made lousy choices before in terms of saving designers. Somebody here pointed out that none of Tim's choices made it to the final before Margarita.
    If they did, they've made an error: Justin LeBlanc was the recipient of one and not only made it to the finals, finished third. This was the season that Dom won her first time.

LeBlanc's pipette dress was by far the biggest showstopper in that finale.

I will agree however he's been the ONLY one who really earned the save. He overthought the dress he made, but it was thought, as his other designs had been very strong. Even chose it to redo in the "Make it Work" challenge.

Kini also technically qualifies, but as the save was done during the final four to three round, he just got an automatic ticket to the finals (all in basically). This may however explain why in future seasons he's had to use it earlier. He too finished third.

This would be accurate if it's noted that Tim's choice has - I believe - not made it to the final two or won.

And now...on to All-Stars and let's ramp up the drama. And Michael Kors will be back! Yeah! Just recently they did a "Best of the Judges" segment, where they showed the funniest clips from each judge. Oh man, I had forgotten how much I missed MK's barbs. Zac is a cutie, but he's too sweet.
    This season - at least up to the twins' departure (OK Shawn's quitting and Claire's disqualification), MK was definitely missed. I would've loved to heard his quips and snarks at those designers. Brandon would've also at least gotten fairer criticism and I think would've done better for it. Not necessarily won, but he'd had more variety at least.

I think there needs to be a balance. Zac is a bit too sweet but he's trying to give constructive criticism as is Nina. There has to be the occasional barb at these designers to get a sting and then soothe it by creating an even better design (or just give up and make it easier to eliminate a designer).
    short_lived and woodiedog like this.

I think the judges must be in love with youth or very juvenile things. Even a 30 year would look silly wearing some of those things.
    The last word isn't really important in situations when nobody is listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    I think the judges must be in love with youth or very juvenile things. Even a 30 year would look silly wearing some of those things.
    I'm in my late 30s, and I could wear some of what say Brandon or Margarita made. The jacket that gave Brandon his first win and even that dress for Shopkins I'd worn of his. I liked Margarita's swimsuit because it would be a flattering shape for me - most one pieces look too dowdy to the point the turn of the 19th century swimming bloomers are youthful and flirty in comparison.

But yes, there is a huge tendency for the judges to choose a designer who reaches that age group.

Going by a runway that had designs for just about any age group, Kentaro would also win in this area this season. He didn't have a whole lot of missteps, and even his weirdest outfits (such as the Pocahontas/football mashup costume) had some wearability - if in that one case as a costume. (Still give him mad props for - as weird as it was - it still made Liris look trimmer, as a good fashion designer can style to create those illusions).

He really was the best all around in what would qualify as fashion. What JCP did besides variations on his final runway collection however... that is their fault, not his.
    Kfou likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    If they did, they've made an error: Justin LeBlanc was the recipient of one and not only made it to the finals, finished third. This was the season that Dom won her first time.

LeBlanc's pipette dress was by far the biggest showstopper in that finale.

I will agree however he's been the ONLY one who really earned the save. He overthought the dress he made, but it was thought, as his other designs had been very strong. Even chose it to redo in the "Make it Work" challenge.

Kini also technically qualifies, but as the save was done during the final four to three round, he just got an automatic ticket to the finals (all in basically). This may however explain why in future seasons he's had to use it earlier. He too finished third.

This would be accurate if it's noted that Tim's choice has - I believe - not made it to the final two or won.

I went back and checked. Indeed, the original post said that Tim's choice has never made it higher than number three. My bad for not looking that up first.
    woodiedog likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I'm glad Tim saved M because I loved her collection. Especially the 1st 2 fish outfits. Have to confess I just got off a Caribbean cruise. But that didn't influence me at all, tee hee.

Watching finale now. Hate all the clothes - either boring or tacky. Think it should have been a tie for last place.
    tinderbox likes this.
    And so it begins, the end of times..

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Watching finale now. Hate all the clothes - either boring or tacky. Think it should have been a tie for last place.
    Too funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Everyone has a Mt. Everest. ......."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast