+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree168Likes

Thread: 11/16 Project Runway 16 Finale Part 2 Show Thread

CCL

Re: 11/16 Project Runway 16 Finale Part 2 Show Thread

Yeah, sleeves are definitely in too short supply in some shops.
    I hated Ayana’s fabrics. The shiny silver top, the brownish dress.... I think she lost it on fabric choice (much like Brandon, actually). Loved her final dress though.
    I loved Kentaro’s collection, especially the two red looks and the peach one he had in his preview. I did not think he would win- glad he did.
    I actually quite liked Margarita’s. It was loud and colourful yet could be toned down if you mixed with other pieces. Plus I love stripes so I likes her stripey dress. I thought she might win because she seemed to be narrating the last two episodes.
    Brandon, the golden child, stumbled on the pass. I was ok with it - he was never really to me taste. Did feel sad for him as he was upset, but he will be ok.
    GolfGrrl, annemik and Kfou like this.
    Before we begin, what are the parameters of the guessing game? How many guesses do I get? Is there a time limit?

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Yeah, sleeves are definitely in too short supply in some shops.
    I hated Ayana’s fabrics. The shiny silver top, the brownish dress.... I think she lost it on fabric choice (much like Brandon, actually). Loved her final dress though.
    I loved Kentaro’s collection, especially the two red looks and the peach one he had in his preview. I did not think he would win- glad he did.
    I actually quite liked Margarita’s. It was loud and colourful yet could be toned down if you mixed with other pieces. Plus I love stripes so I likes her stripey dress. I thought she might win because she seemed to be narrating the last two episodes.
    Brandon, the golden child, stumbled on the pass. I was ok with it - he was never really to me taste. Did feel sad for him as he was upset, but he will be ok.
    I know she said she wanted autumnal colors but n the TV screen they looked washed out and like grandma's old couch.
    GolfGrrl and Kfou like this.
    No goat killers on my island.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I know she said she wanted autumnal colors but n the TV screen they looked washed out and like grandma's old couch.
    And why would she want autumnal colors for the Spring show?
    Kfou likes this.
    I'm Paula.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    As for a much more humble, Kentaro? I thought his collection was interesting. I hated that ugly netting/tool front that was attached to his first runway dress but it seems all the judges loved it. Hmmm....
    I thought the tulle was weird too; however, I think that was the dress that had the ugly "tumor" (his words) on the side of it. Given the choice, he improved the design - this worked better.

My least favorite look of his was that dress with the paper lace looking frame-wire cage thingamabob around it (last look I think).

It was nice though to see him win simply because a. he was himself, b. he was humble, but honest, and c. he showed a fashion runway that was high fashion that could be translated into commercial and still be read as him.

If I were voting, I favored Brandon's looks. However, I HATED HATED that awful cheap fabric.

Looking forward to the reunion episode.
    Brandon hurt himself with a. the cheap fabric (or at least as a dominate portion of his clothes, b. doing 10 designs all in the same colors and c. looking too similar to each other - no actually far too alike that he could've sent the same design 10 times and it almost be the same.

I think Brandon should've looked at how he did his looks over the season - he did have his signatures in each design; however, he would use one or two and not all at once. This collection had pretty much all of his signatures in each look. The combo is why he was third and not top two.

And yes, I'm looking forward to the reunion episode - I just hope it doesn't become the twins reality half hour.
    sunshine3331 and Kfou like this.

I liked the tulle the best, actually, even though it was a little weird. Its got a dreamy feel to it, and there was impact as that came down the runway. Kentaro's red looks had impact too.

I enjoyed the fun feel of Margarita's collection, and was glad her looks were in the show. Otherwise it might have been quite a solemn affair.

Ayana really made some pretty garments, and I didn't mind most of her fabrics except for the super shiny one on a dress? and skirts (which didn't flatter the models). I loved her last gown, and wish that all collections still had wow-moments like that at the end. So pretty!

Brandon's was so boring, and I hated the colors and fabric. I'm glad he didn't win, but agree that he was set up to win by the judges fawning all over him all season, so I understand his heartbreak. They should have pushed him, challenged him, and given him some constructive criticism (they may have more, but just not shown us). He thought he could do no wrong, apparently.

The plus sized models were awesome, and in interviews they've really been interesting to listen to. I'm glad Tim pushed for this change and that it was handled so well. Kudos to them.
    Kfou likes this.

FORT Fan

I also loved this season of plus size models, but think it hurt Ayana to place three plus size models in a row in the beginning -- all in her worst outfits.
    Trust Me!

CCL

She chose what order to have the models in though.
    Before we begin, what are the parameters of the guessing game? How many guesses do I get? Is there a time limit?

Perhaps, but judges also said, in addition to the 2 to 3 outfits, they also didn't care for Ayana's "no color" autumn hues fabrics used to create her spring/summer collection.
    Kfou likes this.

I read somewhere else that Tim didn't come on stage to congratulate Kentaro, which is true ... he didn't.

Frankly, I can't recall another season that Tim didn't come out on stage to congratulate the winner ...
    woodiedog and Kfou like this.

FORT Fogey

Hope Tim is Ok---between saving M, his terrible fall and not pushing B away from his vile fabric choice, he doesn't seem to be himself

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast