+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree168Likes

Thread: 11/16 Project Runway 16 Finale Part 2 Show Thread

FORT Newbie

Re: 11/16 Project Runway 16 Finale Part 2 Show Thread

I like Kentaro as a person sooooo much but that collection was just weird. I can see the judges reasoning and I understood their excitement but taking in everything he's done during the season, I didn't think he deserved the win.

I was happy that Brandon didn't win because his collection was just the same stuff we've seen over and over. While I think its fun and very different, I wanted something to jump out and nothing did.

Marguerita's collection was so fun and happy and bright!! I am not really a fan of hers and I didn't think she had it in her but I really liked it. But I knew she wouldn't win, it just wasn't what the judges think fashion is about.

Ayana..................cheated out of a win. I love her looks, her perspective and her modesty. I agreed with the judges and didn't like those first 3 looks at all. But after that..........beauty. And that gown at the end!!!!! Wow! Women don't have to show skin to be sexy, pretty or powerful. She showed that in her looks and her own style. You go girl!
    crusin, Lizard, mayamaisha and 3 others like this.

I'm so relieved Brandon didn't win. I thought Kentaro had a chance to win all season and I'm glad he pulled it off.

Ayana's last dress was spectacularly beautiful.

I loved Margarita's wow moment with the skirt. I cried when I saw her parents had made it. Hopefully we'll get an update on them next week.

11/16 Project Runway 16 Finale Part 2 Show Thread

Hmm. I was really looking forward to this. But now that I have watched, I canít remember a finale I was less excited about.

Brandon - I think his problem was that fabric. He said he was all about layering, but he layered flamingo fabric over more flamingo fabric. There was no contrast, so it ended up seriously boring.

Margarita - Very colorful and Iím glad she was true to herself. There was maybe one dress that I actually liked, but I get her point of view.

Ayana - Her color palette lost me. It was a lot of drab. I liked her final gown, and the sporty look with the jacket that she showed in her preview. I like her whole modest vibe, but I do not like the explosion of ruffles on a lot of her looks. And her floral prints on brown tones looked like camo to me. Given what we have seen her do, I was disappointed.

Kentaro - I just love him. He is so cute and seems like a truly nice guy. His collection was definitely conceptual. It was less wearable, but it was definitely interesting so I get why he got the win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GolfGrrl, AZ Dream, atlMD and 2 others like this.

Iíve just begun watching so I still, at this point, donít know who has won but I needed to say, I cannot stand Margurita. Ok I feel better now.
    atlMD, lilymax, jucamer and 1 others like this.
    "Everyone has a Mt. Everest. ......."

Wow, shocker, Kentaro won. Now I have to watch the episode.
    woodiedog and Kfou like this.
    No goat killers on my island.

I thought they all did a n8ce job and I enjoyed the show. Good for Kentaro.
    atlMD, woodiedog and Kfou like this.

Congrats Kentaro. I am glad Brandon did not win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Everyone has a Mt. Everest. ......."

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

I am looking at the model standing next to Kentaro. She is wearing this white sleeveless , shapeless ankle length `dress.' I realize I own the same outfit. I bought it for 2.99 off the Wal-Mart summer discount rack. It's a cover up for my bathing suit.
    That weird black see through poncho thing that sticks out stiffly, yet loosely, on Kentaros model? I own that, too. Except it's white. I made it myself. I used torn apart cast making cloth. I draped it over a giant balloon. Then I poured modge podge on it. I waited x amount of hours, then popped the balloon, removing it. I had me an awesome homemade spider web for my giant fake Halloween spider, Had I been slightly more forward thinking, I would have used a dermal to cut out a neck hole. I might have wound up on Project runway as a conceptual clothes designer. Instead of a conceptual Halloween diy decorator.
    I noticed his beige-peachy slightly above the knee length skirt/shirt looked like a kinda sorta/ meh dress you'd buy from, SHOCK, J.C. Penney. It's one of those 'meh' looks you wear to a wedding. Non-descript and boring, so you don't upstage the bride.
    Babbred and woodiedog like this.
    Well, I won't back down/No I won't back down/You can stand me up at the gates of hell/But I won't back down
    No I'll stand my ground//And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down/Gonna stand my ground/Well I know what's right/I got just one life/In a world that keeps on pushin' me around/But I'll stand my ground/And I won't back down-Tom Petty

Kao

Kentaro won? Now I have to watch the finale!

Congrats to Ayana for making runner up. I hope she got lots of exposure from this; I can see her designs appealing to the modesty inclined woman who is well off who wants something different.

And none for Brandon. Bye, Felicia!
    woodiedog and Kfou like this.

Kentero s Dad fell off the stage. I hope he was okay! His mom was in traditional Japanese clothes. Do they live in Japan? One of the winning prizes is a trip to Japan, how fitting that Kentaro should win.

Brandon was pretty torn up that he did not win. I think he will find plenty of offers and opportunities. His finale clothes might have been a blur, but his designs during the season were interesting and cool.

Ayanaís clothes lacked the drama that she showed throughout the season. The gown at the end was stunning. Itís too bad she did not put drama into the rest of her clothes.

Marguerite was a bit too literal with her designs. Finding Dory fish on the front of her dresses was tacky. I loved the colors and the beadwork though. She got the only applause when her model unveiled the bathing suit under her wrap.
    It was a bold move and turned out great.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast