+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: PR16 Fashion Week Runway Collections **SPOILERS**

Re: PR16 Fashion Week Runway Collections **SPOILERS**

I like Margarita's last two looks ... and had she anchored those with something other than costumes and bathing suit cover-ups, she might have presented something really special. Brandon's fabric choice is so boring. I think Ayana has a couple of exceptional looks and unlike others, I'm not a fan of the wedding dress. Kentaro's runway show is, by far, my favorite.

Had Kenya presented her looks differently, perhaps without the cover-ups, the judges might not have used Kentaro's odd response as a reason to put him up against Kenya (as if!) and Margarita, and not Kenya, knocked out. But then, it would be Kenya and not Margarita finishing fourth, because every single piece of Kenya's collection is so expected.

I expect Kentaro to win this season and Brandon to finish second, however, it might be Ayana second and Brandon third?

Glad to see that Michael Brambila and Kenya Freeman had a chance to show their collections.

Kentaro Kameyama listened and changed the white dress, his entire collection looked good.

Margarita Alvarez, a resort wear designer.

Ayana Ife, people commented it looked great, maybe in real life not so much on YouTube.

Brandon Kee, I would like to know where the $10,000 went. He bought outdoor fabric to use, how comfortable is that?
    No goat killers on my island.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Brandon Kee, I would like to know where the $10,000 went. He bought outdoor fabric to use, how comfortable is that?
    GREAT QUESTION!!!

This fabric looks to be what Brandon used, after washing and treating it to lighten the pattern. It costs $9.45 a yard; it's basically a cheap polyester. Even considering the leather he used in a couple of his designs, I did NOT see $10,000 worth of materials in what he put down the runway. Maybe he used the money to rent the workspace he was using?

There's a tiny part of me that wonders if he was punking the judges through the entire season. And his runway show will be the ultimate laugh in their faces. Put out a collection made of awning fabric with no darts and lots of straps hanging . . . and laugh as the judges eat it up and call it "fashion forward."

Obviously, I have NOT been a fan of his work. Because there doesn't appear to BE a lot of work . . . straight seams and uneven hemlines. Not my idea of fashion or design.
    Last edited by AZChristian; 11-12-2017 at 10:17 AM.
    navybelle likes this.
    I'm Paula.

Cheap polyester? That's so mean! LOL

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy View Post
    Cheap polyester? That's so mean! LOL
    That's the description given. 100% spun polyester; 54 inches wide. Yep. Cheap polyester.
    I'm Paula.

I am not a fan of this season's show. I don't even want to bother watching the runway show. Maybe the show is just getting stale. I feel the same way about Dancing with the Stars and the Voice. On the other hand, SYTYCD was terrific and I loved every minute of it.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I thought Michael's might have been his attempt to give the finger to Project Runway for forcing him to create a decoy collection. "You want something? Here you go. Deal with it."
    I hope that wasn't his mindset... ultimately the collection will be associated with him. He'd only be hurting himself. But it was a weird mess, kind of a cross between lifesize dolls and RuPaul's Drag Race.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234