+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: 10/9 Project Runway 13 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

10/9 Project Runway 13 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

"Who's In And Who's Out" The final "NY Inspiration" challenge decides who will go to Fashion Week. The eliminated designers return to lend a hand.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 10/9 Project Runway 13 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Why is Char going to fashion week??? Are they serious?

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    Why is Char going to fashion week??? Are they serious?
    Who was eliminated on this round?

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie View Post
    Who was eliminated on this round?
    Emily

FORT Fogey

I don't mean to be unkind, but if Emily was sent home, I think Char should have been too. Her looks were no more special than Emily's and her construction has never been her strong suit. In fact, so far as I can remember, she's won not one challenge this season. Maybe a designer who's not won one challenge before has gone on to Fashion Week, but if so, I can't recall who it was. I did think she started out the season stronger than she ended it, so maybe left to her own devices, with more time and more money and no particular challenges to meet and overcome, she'll surprise me. I honestly hope she does. But based on what she showed tonight, I don't think I would have sent her on, because I don't think she has a prayer of winning, and it seems kind of cruel to give her false hope. Honestly, I wonder if part of the reason they relented and let her go on is the drama that's gone on the last couple of weeks with her and/or the fact that she was Tim Gunn's save.

Speaking of the drama, I don't mean to excuse Corinna's behavior in the slightest, but if she honestly didn't think she could put her best effort into assisting Char, then she actually did Char a favor by letting her work with someone who could. Maybe she didn't mean to do her a favor, but she did. True, she what she did didn't make her look good, but if she really didn't want to assist Char well, it's better that she walked out rather than stick around, do crappy work for her, and see if she could get her sent home. I understand that the mature thing to do would have been to put the past behind her and help Char, but since it was clear she really didn't want to do that, it was better that she removed herself from the competition than stay in it and get accused of sabotage and make it harder for Char to get to Fashion Week in the process.

Oh, yeah, and for the life of me, I don't understand the love for Amanda's street look, even though I knew the judges would rave over it. I guess it would be comfortable and easy to wear, but it wouldn't do anything for anyone's figure, regardless of whether she was thin or heavy. I also wondered, on a practical level, what it would feel like, because it seemed to be made of different types of material, some of which were fairly heavy while others weren't. Would it be warm or cool? When exactly would you wear it? And yeah, I think if you wore it, you'd get noticed, but would it be because the dress was great or odd?

I did agree with Sean and Kini going, though once again, the judges disagreed with Tim about a simple skirt. Given what Kini did with the skirt, I think simple was better, but I don't know that Tim intended for him to make all those ruffles on the bottom of the skirt when he told him it was too simple either. But then, I also think that as long as Kini didn't send his models down the runway naked, he was going to Fashion Week. There was no way the judges weren't going to find a way for him to go, because he's just been too strong all season. As for Sean, I'm glad they cut him some slack, given that he had to make over Sandhya's losing look. It really wasn't fair that the rest of them had adult-sized clothes to make over and he had much less material and had to turn a child's look into an adult look.

One more thing: if Char chose Corinna's look because it gave her the most material to work with, how come she barely used any of the material in that look and what she did use came from the part of the outfit the judges liked the least? I could understand it if she chose late in the selection process, but she didn't, so why didn't she choose something else? It's almost like the whole thing was arranged by production so that they could set up another Char/Corinna confrontation and then push Char through to Finals Week for the drama.
    Jezebella, wannasee and JosephD like this.

FORT Newbie

My thoughts on the Korina situation. The only reason she walked into that room was probably due to a contract.
    She might have been able to grin and bear it if it was a different designer. As it stands, it was only a couple of days after elimination and it's Char.
    Call her a baby, but Korina made the smart move and allowed Char to get a more positive helpful aide. The room should have been grateful that Korina removed her negative self from the room.

Tonight was a textbook example of why Lifetime PR sucks compared to original Bravo PR.

This was the final challenge before Fashion Week -- why were they throwing in another stunt challenge at this stage? There was no reason to have the designers jump through the extra hoop of the second look, and the added TV drama of bringing back the auf'd designers. They should have done this last week. This final challenge should be about the judges getting a clear look at what kind of runway show they can expect from each designer, period. If that's too boring for Lifetime or Bunim-Murray, then the show should go elsewhere.

If I were a judge, I would have counted the 2nd looks as about 10% of my score tops.
    Kip, Jezebella, lilymax and 1 others like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

A few points:

1. I understand the reasons as to WHY Korina left, but Sean is right - she knew signing up for the show she may be put in this situation and be eliminated before others she feel worse. You could tell too that Char was going to have a chat but then let it drop. It still came across as childish and petulant, and it will hurt her long term.

Even then - knowing that everyone felt like a cloud had been lifted with her leaving - that too speaks volumes as to her attitude.

2. I give props to Sandhya for NOT giving an ugly look at Sean for saying he got her clothes by default essentially. Shows a lot more class honestly - she even laughed it off a bit.

3. Was sad Emily was eliminated. I can see where she was eliminated - more on her revised dress as it was too safe, but the other outfit I think would've been better without the coat. Everything just looked oversized and that hurt her too. She did go out with class, even congratulating Char for making it to the finals. THAT is how you behave when eliminated close to the finale. I truly wish her the best in whatever she does, and wouldn't mind seeing her in All-Stars with a little bit more experience in fine tuning her designs.

Oh and I TRULY believe it when Tim said if he had another save he'd saved her.

4. Yes, I too am surprised Char made the finale. I would hazard that what happened is they ended up with four spots in the finale similar to last season and it just ended up that way. I liked the purple skirt without the pocket (yes, Tim was right there - it was extraneous) but the bit with Korina's outfit reworked... Why didn't she consider a dress not unlike her first week's one but a little more refined? I think she could've made it stunning. That skirt and top though for the street inspired one I think is what saved her.

5. If Sean or Kini didn't make the finals I could see Tim scratching his head on that one. I agree Kini's skirt needed simplicity with the coat like it was, but they still were impeccably made. That red dress - let's say that if Mitchell had designed THAT dress, Heidi would've probably declared him the winner. It was absolutely stunning, even with the ripply horsehair in the hem of the skirt. Zac is right too - now he needs to serious edit his garb.

Sean... I liked the COAT of the revised version of Sandhya's outfit, but it's the pants that made it a bit odd. The inspired look was stunning.

Oddly enough, the two of them did excellent on the opposite challenges.

6. Amanda's inspired dress I think could've been fitted better honestly. And - I will admit I liked the "Tron" inspired black dress. It was a good use of a really unusual design Fade had made.

The only thing I'm hoping is that this "teaser" runway isn't some sort of elimination challenge. I will say though I think it'll be Kini's season to win - especially with how they're playing up his worries in the teasers.
    Kip, GabbyG, Moontat and 2 others like this.

I don't like Korina at all, she's a really arrogant b**ch. That said, I think she would make more sense in the final than Char. I don't hate Char, don't like her either though as she has mouthed off about people as well, when she doesn't have as much talent as they do. I can't understand her still being there and think it must be because of the Tim Gunn save. She should have gone home when she made that horrible red outfit with the peplum and shorts. She supposedly made that as a nod to her model's "rock and roll" husband...must be a musician or something. But the outfit was awful and I saw not one thing about it that said "rock". Some of her outfits have just been god-awful. She should not be in the final. I don't think it's just her skills which are questionable, I think it's also her taste level.

I like Amanda, but I didn't like her dress. That was just weird looking to me, and I was so surprised the judges liked it. I really thought they would hate it. Hate maybe being a bit too strong....it was unusual and had a definite originality. I think to wear that though you would need to be about 7' tall and built like a brick house, lol. Or a waif maybe.

I felt like a previous poster did, that if Emily went home then Char should have gone too. Definitely shouldn't be in the finals. There's always some kind of weird favoritism going on here.
    Kip, Jezebella and JosephD like this.

Well, well, well, who would have thought that Char would be in the finals!!! Certainly she won't pull off and upset!

Emily - I actually liked her street look quite a bit. I'm sorry she didn't get to go all the way but she can certainly leave with her head held high (quite the opposite of Miss Korina!!!)

Amanda - I loved the colors in her street look but I would never wear it. I liked the reworked "Fade" look. I loved that he was so excited when he heard that he would be working with her.

Sean - He should be grateful to Tim because his original design would not have gotten a "best ever on the runway" comment. The design he did come up with really was rather stunning.

Kini - I sure hope he is able to edit his looks for Fashion Week. I really want him to win. (although Sean has had some pretty cool stuff recently - watch out Kini!!!)
    JosephD likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast