+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: 8/21 Project Runway 13 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

8/21 Project Runway 13 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

"The Klum of Doom" - Oh no! Heidi needs a dress to wear to the Creative Arts Emmys!

Yes, this will be a Super-Heidi-ized episode.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 8/21 Project Runway 13 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Oh blah! Heidi's ego will be on full display tonight!

So like every other night I suppose!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

I'm actually okay with both designers who went home. Those dresses were hot messes!

I really liked the dress that won! Good for Sean after being in such a rut for the past few episodes!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

So who did go home?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie View Post
    So who did go home?
    Kristine and Mitchell
    Cootie likes this.

FORT Fogey

I'm glad Sean won, because I love that shade of blue and what he did with it. Moreover, it was a dress that looked great moving but would probably also be comfortable enough to sit in for several hours--and at an event like the Emmys, there's a lot of sitting. People forget that. No one wants to be tortured by their clothing for the evening--nor does anyone want to have to worry about how high a dress is going to hike up when seated.

I think any of the bottom three could have gone home, and only because they were so bad were some of the other designers safe when they probably normally wouldn't have been. I did like Fade's dress, though. It looked great moving. I also agree with Char that Sandhya didn't break any rules by grabbing all the extra cash she could from those dumb enough to pass it on to her. Given that she's already won immunity twice, I would have told her, honestly, that since she had won immunity twice, I didn't feel like it was wise for me, one of her competitors, to help her by supplying her with extra cash for an additional trip to Mood, even if I were confident about my design. Certainly others who had been confident in their designs were defeated by her twice already. Though it ultimately didn't make much difference in terms of who went home, since while her initial dress wasn't good it was at least better made than those of the designers who were auf'd, I do think that PR should rethink ever allowing designers to beg money from their competitors in the future. Either they shouldn't allow it at all or they should limit how much additional funding a returning designer can accumulate before returning to Mood. Otherwise, they're just getting too big of an opportunity to correct mistakes they shouldn't have made in the first place.
    Kip likes this.

Fade should've replaced Amanda in the top three - his is something Heidi would've looked lovely in and it be something new.

Char - I love her designs but this dress was not her best work, but it wasn't horrible either. It was interesting but the top looked a tad too poofy and upsized the model's chest a bit.

Sandhya played it smart asking folks who weren't going back to Mood for their money. The others had the opportunity and when they didn't take advantage of it, complained. Char was the only one there with class and said it was good for Sandhya to do that - though you could tell she went "drat, I should've tried it myself."

And yes this was the first dress I truly loved of Sandhya's work, but it was just a tad too safe to be a top three. I'd still had her over Amanda of the revolving winners of the challenges so far.

The only thing I don't get is - why did the other designers say she cheated getting the extra money from those who weren't going back to Mood? Tim SAID CLEARLY that they could bum the extra money off those who weren't going back.

Bottom three all deserved to go home - and I was glad in this case Tim didn't use the save. I could've made those dresses.

Kini - I know he was disappointed being the runner up this challenge, but simply Put Sean's had everything right - the color, the playfulness, and made what could've been a massive go-go dress sexy, flirty and elegant. And it moves quite well on the runway. What I DID love about Kini's was that it was creative and made a black dress interesting - something not easy to do.

Sean - Not surprised he won - for the obvious reasons (seriously blogs, try to not spoil who designed it to give us a *little* bit of suspense.) But that said, I'm glad he won - as mentioned he fit all the requirements and he used being in the bottom two as inspiration to move up and work hard to produce a lovely dress.

And he's also one of the rare birds whose dress had little if anything changed about the design when Heidi put it on for the actual event.

It was an OK episode - though folks just need to take a chill pill and show grace under pressure. We saw clearly who can do that well (Kini, Sean, even Sandhya with the asking for money from those not going), and not (the bottom three and Samantha in particular - she REALLY was lucky there were three dresses worse), Alexander for the same reason - especially as his model's bottom was showing. Had it not, it would've been a better dress (I liked the front actually).
    Kip and Cootie like this.

The people that complained about Sandhya were being haters. I was glad that Char recognized that she was just playing the game as it was designed!

I thought Amanda's dress was UGLY! Why did they have it in the top!? I didn't think Sandhya's dress was anything special, but it was definitely better than Amanda's. Fade's dress was better as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kip, Florimel, mayamaisha and 2 others like this.

I also liked Fade's dress for the top, and would have put Amanda as safe. I think Alexander and Emily got very lucky there were three such disastrous dresses in the group, because as good as their concepts were, and as beautiful the detailing, seeing butt cheeks would normally get someone in the bottom...so to speak. I didn't understand why Corrina didn't change the color of the dress even more...Heidi made it clear how awful she thought the initial hue was, and I felt like the 2nd was barely different. That and the horrible assembly (because she used the time to go back and get more, awful fabric) should have had her out.

I did find it interesting that the vote at home thing, Corrina had the most texts saying she should go home. But after the auf'ing, a slight majority said the judges made the right decision. Go figure...

I agree that Fade should have been top 3 and not Samantha. Zach wasnt too big on Samantha's dress either. I thought Corina should have gone home instead if Christine. At least Christine's had some redeeming qualities like Zach mentioned where they like the skirt design on the side but Corina's and Mitchell's just cannot be rescucitated.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast