+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Project Runway 13 (premieres July 24th) - News and Speculation

Project Runway 13 (premieres July 24th) - News and Speculation

How did that happen? PR13 debuts in 2 weeks, and designer bios are already up at Lifetime.com:

Project Runway - Episodes, Videos & Schedule - myLifetime.com

They also ran a Runway Redemption poll for a former contestant to join the new cast (voting has closed). The choices are Kenny Laurence, Alexander Pope and Amanda Valentine. The winner will be announced on the season premiere.

Runway Redemption - Project Runway Season 13 - myLifetime.com

There's a new trailer as well. I couldn't get it to run on the Lifetime site, but Gawker posted an article about it, basically ripping it to shreds. But at least it plays for me there:

Is This Project Runway Ad the Wackest Thing Ever?
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 07-09-2014 at 07:21 PM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Project Runway 13 (premieres July 24th) - News and Speculation

Oh, I'm very surprised! I figured Project Runway wouldn't be back until America's Got Talent ended, since Heidi Klum is a judge on it. Does that mean this is another season without Heidi? Or is she going to be doing both shows at once?

PA Snow Bunny had asked me if I was going to do a pool for Project Runway. If I do, is there anyone interested in playing? We have to get at least 5 people signed up or it's hardly worth doing. I'll run a pool for the show if the interest is there.

I would bet the new season was filmed a while ago, before AGT started.
    pikachu and Babbred like this.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

My son saw them filming in NYC this past Spring. How/why have fans "vote" to have a former contestant back to the workroom. IIRC voting was going on the beginning of June so how did we fans have a chance to vote? This was all over Facebook. Almost everybody complained about Ken being allowed the chance to get back in.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Just another example of how the show has been damaged since moving to Lifetime. In the Bravo years. a villain like Keith would never be asked back, because the original producers actually cared about the show's intergrity. But now the show is in the hands of the people who let The Real World slide into a mudpit over the years, so I'm not surprised.
    Babbred likes this.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

REMINDER:

Tonight's premiere begins with a "Road to the Runway" special at 8PM, followed by the PR13 season premiere at 9.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I'm so excited!! Can't wait for the premiere!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Just another example of how the show has been damaged since moving to Lifetime. In the Bravo years. a villain like Keith would never be asked back, because the original producers actually cared about the show's intergrity. But now the show is in the hands of the people who let The Real World slide into a mudpit over the years, so I'm not surprised.
    I think you mean Ken, and yes I agree.

Folks - this was the SAME GUY production had to intervene on when he was FURIOUS that people were moving into his room for consolidation. He intentionally blocked the doorway with his iron and ironing board and Alexander - fed up - just moves it away and he breaks down into a tirade. (And honestly - it would NOT have taken long for Ken to move the iron over to the side briefly, move out f the way to let Alexander in and then go back to ironing). He ended up getting his own room apparently too for the very brief time he remained there as a contestant.

Though admittedly his dress was deserving of him being sent home the same episode.

I'm rooting for one of the other two to return...I liked Alexander Pope's overall aesthetic (though that cross dress made from his print design wasn't that great, the rest of it was), and feel he has learned from his mistakes. HE deserves a second shot.

Amanda Valentine I will admit was hit and miss, but I did like her party supply dress. She was part of the season though they had that HORRIBLE idea of doing stripper clothing, and I think that was the one where she was eliminated (and yes that outfit was bad, but IMHO they should've declared it non-elimination due to the fact that - for pity's sake - they wanted them to design fashion to strip off to briefs, and no respectable designer will do that! )

If Ken comes back I will admit that I will not watch the show until he's eliminated. I'll see who comes back tonight but that will determine a lot.

I'm leaning - Alexander, Amanda... and if Ken a quick elimination where if he pulls the same stunt again he's automatically ejected for "bad behavior."

Couldn't stand Ken -- and they are rerunning last seaton all day on Lifetime, which is reminding me why.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Oh, I hadn't connected the dots. I didn't realize "Kenny" was THAT Ken! Why on earth did they invite him back?? Like you said, jade, I hope he's not the one picked to return. I don't remember his designs being all that great and his attitude definitely needed to go.

I wonder why they chose those three? There are other designers whom I wouldn't mind seeing given another shot on the show but none of them are it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast