+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: PR All-Stars 01/02/14 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: PR All-Stars 01/02/14 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Nope... two Lifetimes and a Bravo:

Seth Aaron - Lifetime (won his season)

Elena - Lifetime (eliminated some time before the final three)

Korto - Bravo (runner-up) and technically Lifetime given she did that mini-challenge to welcome the move from Bravo to Lifetime. Like her Bravo season, she again was runner-up but unlike her first season, this time she lost to a far inferior contestant. At least the person who won her season did have a nice clean cohesive collection. The other guy's dresses, especially ONE in particular - were horrid.

That's why - sham or not - I was going to say ANYONE against Christopher (yes even Elena, but not as strong) not winning this little face off bit would've still had me say he was winning the series unless he pulled a Jeffery and every model was showing stuff where the sun normally doesn't shine (or at least in public normally).

I DO find it interesting though they are doing a reunion for All-Stars given how heated the most recent ones have gotten. IF Korto wins too - it would lead to an interesting discussion given that she has competed now three times, and if SA wins, it'd be "was it rigged so that Korto again finishes second to someone and WHY did they have to have a previous winner win?"

As far as the dresses:

Korto's - I didn't get the whole "Republican/Democrat" comment about the dress honestly. If they think Republicans dress conservative all the time, that's just flat out silly. I liked the colors and the racerback, and while I do agree they front could've been a little bit more flirty, it still was miles better than Christopher's. Even Isaac said he was more interested in her final show than Christopher's would've been. I do feel for her having to tear up that jacket from the "Bonnie and Clyde" challenge... it was lovely, but admittedly it also had some of the best material to make things look luxe.

Seth Aaron's - I liked it but not sure HOW it fitted in the designer's collection. It was one of his better designs this season, but I dare say I liked him MUCH better his first go around. He's almost pulling a Mondo save that unlike Mondo, SA did at least win his season.

Elena's - They are right the zipper is out of place if they only had silver ones. (Will admit I can understand not wanting do use clear ones - they are the most tricky to zip and unzip). I'm not sure about the color combinations though - to me it looked like the poor model was wearing sweat stains and such in certain places with the yellow. Admittedly though... my TV could have a weird color tint to it. It also sadly was similar to a few dresses she's made this year in the shoulders (though they complain about this with Korto.)

Christopher... I'm sorry, but that dress was ill fitting at the top and the removable skirt was unnecessary. I think he may have pulled off a win if he didn't do the double skirt bit. I've already mentioned too that it isn't even original - "Fashion Star" season 1 had a designer make one of these (it also I think was bought by the Neiman Marcus representative), and even there hers was better.
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 01-03-2014 at 01:16 AM.

Out of the designs for this challenge I am not surprised that Seth Aaron won.

On the runway Christopher's dress looked way better than Korto's. While I liked the back of Korto's dress the front looked frumpy. Overall I think Korto has better designs that Christopher and she did deserve to go to the final three.
    Duckyface likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Whew. You guys had me scared. At first I read that SA was eliminated. Whew. I can watch this episode when it shows up online (we don't have cable anymore) now and not cry. ;-)

I think the judges were pretty spot on. When Seth tones down the zippers, etc, his design have broader appeal, which worked for this challenge. He was edited to show he was listening to the criticism, too. I'm glad that Christopher is done.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

What if Seth Aaron won again

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    What if Seth Aaron won again
    I'd be fine with him winning if he has a decent collection. Or with either of the others, for that matter. The only thing that bothers me about SA is his current hairstyle - I don't think it shows him at his best.
    Photobabe likes this.

FORT Fogey

I was a fan of Chris but I think he did the same thing this time as he did earlier. He either gets tired or homesick and he just seems to collapse. Korto is a little less sullen than she was on her earlier two seasons. I do agree that SA's Hitler hair is just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie View Post
    I'd be fine with him winning if he has a decent collection. Or with either of the others, for that matter. The only thing that bothers me about SA is his current hairstyle - I don't think it shows him at his best.
    No it doesn't - it aged him worse than any drinking or smoking or whatever has happened in his life lately has. Really, just about everyone looked at least as good as they did their first go (except Jeffrey, who did look bad though I admit I didn't see his season). He needs to go back to a full head of hair.

As far as this season - I'll be OK with anyone winning, and even SA winning. Out of the three previous winners, I liked his collection the best. Only other winner who'd been deserving was Irina - who did this season prove her win deserving long term. She was the winner of the first - and shortened - season on Lifetime, so she tends to get a bad rep on design (attitude... well, she still needs to work on it).

Elena proved she could move beyond the nurses jacket with odd print and other really odd designs. That said, she's a little too one note that I don't think she can win.

Korto has had for the most part three strong competitions. She had missteps, i.e. the school supplies challenge, but even then they were not the worst of the whole lot (I really think the three way save was really for Mychael's sake than anything - Jeffery had the horrid "let's show the world my model's womanhood," but unfortunately, what was made was cleaner than Mychael's). When she's on, she's on, and more often than not it's been such a set of designs.

My wish is that it's Korto for the win, and second and third a toss up.

Sadly, I think if they're close... it'll be Seth Aaron, Korto and Elena.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I also think this because if tradition continues on the commercials where the show contestants and one disappears, Seth Aaron is in the front, and the previous two winners - Mondo and Anthony Ryan - were in the same spot.

Worse, I think still that Lifetime will intervene and say that Korto can't win because she's Bravo, BUT... that argument IMHO was debunked when they also had her compete on Lifetime in that mini-challenge. They can legitimately have her win and not worry about flak in that area.
    dbdoll likes this.

And that stupid stunt at the end of the show eliminated me from watching the rest of this show. They should have allowed Krorto & Christopher to do a collection and have them show 3 looks & eliminate from there like they did in seasons past. To have to remake 3 previous looks in 1 hour without any help...forget it! DONE!
    Duckyface likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Personally, I wouldn't have included Elena in this all-stars season and I sure wish she hadn't made it to the final four. I would have rather seen Christopher make it to the end. I don't really give a care who wins now. I'm not a fan of any of the remaining designers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast