+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: PR All-Stars 12/19 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: PR All-Stars 12/19 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    If she comes in second again, I wouldn't blame her if she set fire to the studio and went on a murder spree. That would be too cruel.
    That's what should happen. And that's what Uli should have done.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Am I the only one who thinks Alyssa Milano looks completely out of place on this show? I'm not buying her as the fashion-plate they're trying to make her out to be to make her looks like a credible host. The clothes they've been dressing her in look like they're wearing her instead of her wearing them.

I've always liked her but I'm just not feeling her in this particular role.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fanatic

She actually designs a women's line for the NFL. I know it's hard to believe...Alyssa Milano, but she has sold more clothing than the contestants.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Interesting.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by short_lived View Post
    She actually designs a women's line for the NFL. I know it's hard to believe...Alyssa Milano, but she has sold more clothing than the contestants.
    Which still doesn't lend her any credibility, imo. Firstly, the NFL has a women's clothing line? LOL. And secondly, plenty of celebrities attach their names to clothing design labels, as in, a legitimate designer actually draws up the designs, the celebrity, "approves" of them, attaches, his/her name to them, thus so-and-so's own "clothing line" is born.

I never buy into these so-called celebrity clothing design labels as I believe most of them wouldn't know now to sketch a fashion design if their lives depended on it.
    Dragonlady likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am envisioning a women's clothing line for big, hairy, bulky men!!!!

You'd Better Work It, Girl!!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I am envisioning a women's clothing line for big, hairy, bulky men!!!!

You'd Better Work It, Girl!!!!!
    LOL!

FORT Fanatic

It lends her credibility in ready to wear. That is where the profits are in the fashion industry. Yes, haute coture is nice and lovely, but a designer may make one or two show pieces at an astronomical cost. These pieces are their labor of love. The real money is in mass produced ready to wear. If you read any of the bios about Alyssa Milano, she has dated quite a few professional athletes and she discovered that female fans didn't have a lot of team apparel to choose from. They could either wear small mens sizes or larger kids sizes. None of these items were cut for women. That's where she came in. She worked with the NFL and create a line of cute NFL apparel. She consulted on the cut of the garments, the logos, the color combinations, etc. I don't know how that makes her less a designer than many of the ready to wear people out there. And she's made good money from it, more money than any of the designers she's hosting right now. So credibility or not, she's made a living from it.

And by the way, the NFL makes millions of dollars from it's clothing and apparel sales. So she's working with a successful retailer.
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks Alyssa Milano looks completely out of place on this show? I'm not buying her as the fashion-plate they're trying to make her out to be to make her looks like a credible host. The clothes they've been dressing her in look like they're wearing her instead of her wearing them.

I've always liked her but I'm just not feeling her in this particular role.

Thank you! I have no clue who is styling her for the runway either. One of the runways she had a pale green short suit with black booties. Alyssa is a petite woman; those booties made her look even shorter than she is.

PR is really jumping this shark tank.
    cubsfan55 likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fogey

I actually REALLY like Alyssa Milano on the show (and in general).

Reg. her fashion line...I saw her on Fashion Police (which is where Harvey Weinstein saw her and thought of her for PR). She said she loves sports ... or a certain type of sport .... something like that, but that all the fan clothing is masculine and there isn't anything feminine looking for female fans. Fashionista or not, the girl has a point and was smart enough to latch on to it and make it work!

I agree with the posts above that her own wardrobe on the show is not the most fashionable and I do hope she gets someone to help her with that. But, I really like that there is someone on the jury panel who doesn't come from the fashion biz in the way Issac, Nina, etc. do.

She speaks like a consumer would speak and I think it has been a valuable addition to the process.

Plus, I just plain old like Alyssa. She sets a great tone on the show and it seems like everyone is having fun...generally speaking...which is what I, as the fewer, want to have too. Keep all the stress and nastiness on the original PR and just bring talent and fun for the all stars.
    short_lived likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast