+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: PR All-Stars 12/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: PR All-Stars 12/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

They kept showing the promo where Isaac talked about how one of the dresses made the model's butt look big. Did anyone notice the butt on the QVC hostess? She was wearing a very form-fitting dress during the designers' visit . . . and her butt WAS big. Honestly, I was surprised her last name wasn't Kardashian.

I, too, was dumbfounded when almost every one of the designers created a form-fitting mermaid gown. The customer wanted comfort and ease of movement, and they gave her "stand still and try to look pretty."

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    To me Korto's dress was not a red carpet dress, but I can see how it might sell on QVC and be cheap to make, thus her win.
    Korto's as it was presented wouldn't - if she had done a darker color top or just made the top the same color as the bottom, it would've worked better as a red carpet dress. I think they also had a limited budget ($100-$200) and that usually means cheaper fabrics.

I think though they saw the more expensive material adjustments as it walked down the runway to make it elegant and red carpet worthy (and being cheaper to do)... and the materials to make it more importantly QVC sellable, and that's why she won.

She also has an advantage over Michelle's L&T dress - Korto's there really is only one dress that would need the more expensive materials (the red carpet look) and they saw a potential QVC sellable dress in Korto's present design of it. It can be mass produced with little change in design or quality.

Michelle they saw the expensive and used cheaper materials, unfortunately creating a weaker product when it was mass-produced. Apparently, it's now on the deep clearance rack too, and I have to say that - for all my disagreement on the stunts the show pulled her season to let her win - Michelle did not deserve to have her dress given that abysmal treatment. I felt bad for her that Lord & Taylor cheapened her look.

FORT Fogey

This QVC woman, is she famous enough to go all out on the red carpet? Usually lesser well known people keep their dresses down to a dull roar. I think Korto's dress will be fine for her. Maybe a veil for her face, too. (evil grin)
    PA Snow Bunny and AZChristian like this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I liked Christopher's and Seth Aaron's dresses best - on pure looks - I agree with others that Christopher's dress didn't meet the challenge specifications and it wouldn't have worked well for QVC.

I thought Korto's dress was nice, but not a runway dress. However, it was the best one to sell on QVC. I don't know what some of the other designers were thinking - how many women are looking for a form-fitting mermaid dress? And of those, how many would buy one without trying it on?

I liked Viktor's dress the least, but I didn't want him to be eliminated. Irina's been in the background for me this season, and was happy to see her go after the way she blamed her model for the dress ripping.
    Allie likes this.

Lisa, QVC, will be hosting the runway gala they do every year. Big party, everyone acts important. All it is a QVC show to sell things.
    PA Snow Bunny likes this.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Lisa, QVC, will be hosting the runway gala they do every year. Big party, everyone acts important. All it is a QVC show to sell things.
    Oh my. I have never watched QVC but have seen snippets on Soup and Chelsea Lately. If anyone knows when this airs can you post it please. I want to tune in just to see how they remade Korto's dress. I googled and found nothing about it.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 12-13-2013 at 03:43 PM.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Glad Irina went home. I couldn't believe she threw her model under the bus like that. How many times did Irina 'rip' her dress while working on it? Even as she was putting it on the model it was coming apart. Yet, she chose to blame the model for the problem Irina failed to solve.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Here's QVC's version of Korto's dress. Collection by Korto Dress with Braid Detail Overpriced IMHO.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    Here's QVC's version of Korto's dress. Collection by Korto Dress with Braid Detail Overpriced IMHO.
    Thanks. The price seems right to me but it is no more attractive. The top makes the model look bigger than she is. I doubt they would sell any had this not been the winner on PR. It was the best of the lot, only because it looked the most comfortable and that was part of the request.

Interesting that it is an exact replica, no changes.

I still question, where the shoppers from QVC will wear this dress?
    There's no place like home!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast