+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: PR All-Stars 11/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: PR All-Stars 11/21 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I don't understand why Jeffrey's models measurements were so old. WHY wouldn't the show have measurements taken a week, or at the most, a month before the competition begins?? Now I understand why designers in the past have ended up so off on their measurements when their models came in for a fitting. Given that the designers have such a limited time-frame to complete the challenges, those measurements should be accurate.

I'm no fan of Elena or Korto but I thought they should have been in the top looks. Their couple looked the most like a modern-day Bonnie and Clyde. I would have given the win to Korto.

I wish Christopher had cut his dress off before the sheer section. It looked odd having that clear panel on her legs and then more solid dress below.

I hated Jeffrey's coat and couldn't believe the judges raved over it and named it the winner. It did absolutely nothing for his model but make him look boring and shapeless.
    Last edited by pikachu; 11-22-2013 at 10:56 AM.
    cubsfan55 and Photobabe like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I don't understand why Jeffrey's models measurements were so old. WHY wouldn't the show have measurements taken a week, or at the most, a month before the competition begins?? Now I understand why designers in the past have ended up so off on their measurements when their models came in for a fitting. Given that the designers have such a limited time-frame to complete the challenges, those measurements should be accurate.

I'm no fan of Elena or Korto but I thought they should have been in the top looks. Their couple looked the most like a modern-day Bonnie and Clyde. I would have given the win to Korto.

I wish Christopher had cut his dress off before the sheer section. It looked odd having that clear panel on her legs and then more solid dress below.

I hated Jeffrey's coat and couldn't believe the judges raved over it and named it the winner. It did absolutely nothing for his model but make him look boring and shapeless.
    This is the first time male models were used. I think all of our measurments change from time to time. A few pounds can make a huge difference since they style such body concious clothing. There measurements are in their portfolio and clearly not updated.

I liked Koto's looks too.

I don't really care who wins. I am not sure where all the Jeffery hate is coming from other than his thunder with the b*tchy designer and her teary mother. He has clearly changed. He was on season 2, that was a long time ago.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 11-22-2013 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Jadewarlock,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I would love a Seth Aaron win, only because I love him as a designer and was so happy he won his first. You can tell what is his and it is always wonderfully made even if you don't like the style. Irina does quality as well. I would be OK if they are in the final three. But NOT I repeat NOT Jeffrey. His work has not warranted him still being there.
    I am in agreement with you should the finalists be whom I'm dreading it'll be - not because of two of them, but it would show a manipulation to have that result.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    The information in the spoiler tags above are not spoilers, they are opinions from blogs, is my guess.
    They are analyses from myself from previous seasons' commercial title cards, and given some opinions about who one of those folks are during this season, I felt it best to not raise anyone's BP by having it bold and proud out there.
    NFL1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    What I think happened was that they judged in pairs for the top and bottom looks then did them separately. Given that Elena and Korto's BOTH were strong looks, taking away at least one of the bottom looks (and note, it appeared that each one of those three had a top and bottom look in their grouping), they were declared safe.

But no - Elena's and Korto's pairing was my favorite, and then Irina's dress on the rest of them.

SA's shouldn't have been a bottom look IMHO, and Jeffrey's looked like the coat from the baddie in "Despicable Me" or better - Fester's outfit in "The Addams Family." I seriously could see the late Jackie Coogan wear that jacket in the show and fit in perfectly.
    NFL1 likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Here are pictures of the fashions from this week’s episode:

Christopher

Elena

Irina

Jeffrey

Korto

Mychael

Seth Aaron

Viktor

I like Jeffrey and thought he deserved to win his season. While he has been in the bottom so far, I think the right designer went home each time. This week, I think Elena and Korto were safe because there wasn't a clear nod to the 30s.

I would have pegged Seth Aaron for the win. I loved his look. Irina didn't win because of her jacket. Christopher didn't win because his dress chopped up the model visually. I've been watching styled to rock, and his leather piece is similar to several pieces shown so far. Given their choices for top 3, I think Jeffrey was the rightful winner- again, I liked SA best.
    Florimel, Shoepie and Allie like this.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

FORT Fogey

Please get Jeffrey off my screen - after TWO times he should have gone home and they saved him...can't believe he's still sewing!
    Florimel likes this.

I thought Viktor's jacket was hideous. If you look at it quickly, it looks like the model is wearing a white bib over his suit jacket.
    cubsfan55 likes this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

It wasn't that I disliked Jeffrey's look that much (although I did get more of a Sound of Music feel from it than Bonnie & Clyde).
    I was that I didn't think he should've been around this past week to even be considered. (I also liked a lot of his work from his original season. Didn't like how he treated people, but liked a lot of his designs.)

The judges manipulated every step of finding ways to keep him (hmmmm...remind you a bit of Heidi's manipulation this past season?), and I am sick of it.

I agree with Photobabe regarding Viktor's jacket. To me, that was the worst. That neckline was hideous, and the fringe on the back?

Clyde would've shot the designer presenting that to him, and then Bonnie would've taken a shot, too -- all while wearing that outfit by Korto. Her killer jacket over those "Doll" pieces was spot on.

Again, in my no-count opinion only, of course.
    Last edited by cubsfan55; 11-22-2013 at 06:51 PM.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

I didn't really like any of the looks a whole lot this week, especially the men's looks. I thought one of the women's looks should have won.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast