+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: PR All-Stars 10/31 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

PR All-Stars 10/31 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

"Bitten by the Fashion Bug" - Back to the Museum of Natural History for another avant garde challenge, this time inspired by insects and arachnids. What could go wrong??

Enjoy the show.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: PR All-Stars 10/31 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

While I don't see that it has much to do with fashion, I have always loved and adored the Museum of Natural History. It was within walking distance from my house growing up and I spend many happy hours there and at the Hayden Planetarium, which was practically next door. It will bring back fond memories.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I have to say, if I were competing in this season, I would lobby the producers to force Elena to drop out. Her constant emotional antics are an unfair distraction to the rest of the designers. It's not too much to expect that the winner of All-Stars should know something about basic professionalism. She's a basket case.
    Shoepie, GabbyG, jucamer and 1 others like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    While I don't see that it has much to do with fashion, I have always loved and adored the Museum of Natural History. It was within walking distance from my house growing up and I spend many happy hours there and at the Hayden Planetarium, which was practically next door. It will bring back fond memories.
    I read that as Hayden Pantierre (sp) and was a bit confused for a sec.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

In short:

1. Glad Michael won. Loved the idea and he was insect avante garde and not a literal interpretation (i.e. Elena). I can see why folks like him. Elena's was nice, but as mentioned the patterns didn't match. I think she'd been third over Irina had Irina actually DONE color in her design (a flaw she still maintains is using too much black).

2. I agree Elena is a basket case. She can design but her emotions get in the way. If she'd channel the emotions into the work instead, she'd get better results honestly. (This is coming from someone who gets some of her best fused glass work when really angry, happy or frustrated, hence where I'm coming from here ).

3. I think Melissa should've been eliminated over Daniel. His was more avante garde than hers. At least he goes out again with a smile and appreciative of his second chance. (I never thought he did horrible work either season, just tended to be seen as the worst that week).

4. Odd way to do the safes this week - I think Korto and Seth Aaron were the higher safes and the other two the lower safes. DID find Seth Aaron's departure from the runway funny because his work was good actually but it was like he was afraid they'd change their mind. Korto's response to his action was also quite funny - and correct to me.

Out of the higher safes, I give the edge to Korto - I liked hers a little bit better.

Now, I DO think the judging is a bit more balanced and fair than it was last season, but that remains to be seen in the long term. I DO also like Alyssa a lot better as a host.

I actually think I likes Victor's the most....it really represented the bug, without actually looking like the bug.

Elena IS a basket case (reminds me a bit of Helen last season), but it seems to be her 'process' and it works for her (unfortunately for everyone else in the workroom). She did put a ton of work into that dress in such a small amount of time. Maybe a bit too literal, but a vrey good effort.

Jeffrey.....No, just no. It was a shirt and pants with a big "thing" over the top and a hood. It was aweful. I hate that he got a pass because he explained it to the judges. I like the Christopher said it looked like the lamp from A Christmas Story. Dead on description!
    Florimel and Duckyface like this.

I just love Daniel and sad he's gone so soon

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    Jeffrey.....No, just no. It was a shirt and pants with a big "thing" over the top and a hood. It was aweful. I hate that he got a pass because he explained it to the judges. I like the Christopher said it looked like the lamp from A Christmas Story. Dead on description!
    Actually ... the leg lamp from "A Christmas Story" was better made and tasteful in comparison.

That thing was not only hideous but ugly made. I dare say it Alexandria's work was far more fashionable.

Makes one go "OK, are they TRYING to keep him on for the drama?

BTW, I did like Ana returning to judge - she is always kind in her assessments even the weaker designs, but still honest and frank about it. She gives good judging critiques.
    Florimel and AZChristian like this.

I am surprised and saddened that Daniel was eliminated it seemed pretty much a foregone conclusion that Jeffrey's sucked and that the only reason the judges said anything nice about it was that Jeffrey defended it so strongly and even Isaac said Jeffrey intimidated him.
    Kip, Florimel, AZChristian and 1 others like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Does anyone know why the heck Viktor has had a fan at both of the runway shows so far? I watched the first and second episodes back to back last night and this really jumped out at me.

Ugh Jeffrey. I don't care for him, but I don't think he has done anything particularly horrid yet this season. His outfit was ridiculous though. It was just a regular outfit with a hood and foam wrapped around her. I didn't think it made sense and it should not have required such extensive explanation for the judges to "get it". Haven't they commented in past seasons that designers shouldn't have to explain so much?

I was sorry to see Daniel go, but I really did think it was a toss-up between him and Melissa.

As much as I dislike Irina, I thought her dress was pretty great. I'm glad Michael won, he did a great job. I may be one of the few who didn't hate Elena in her season. However, she seems to be even more over the top this time!! I dislike drama, so I hope she tones it down in future challenges (but I'm not really that optimistic that she will).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast