+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: PR All-Stars 10/31 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: PR All-Stars 10/31 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    My biggest issue with this episode is that Anya was a judge. Sitting there looking for all the world like she forgot to put on pants and she has the nerve to call Daniel out on his lack of taste. At least HE could make sleeves!

You can go here to vote if the judges got it right in sending Daniel home. The majority of voters think they were WRONG!

Project Runway All Stars Recap ó Itís An Insect Invasion - Hollywood Life

Thank you. I loved Anya on her season, but holy mackerel. I kept squinting at her last night. Did that woman have anything on from the waist down?

I can understand why Daniel was in the Bottom 3. It was a tad literal with the pure brown color. However, at least it was very pretty. Melissa's dress was just a LBD with what looked like a paper mache flower pasted on the back. And the more I look at Jeffrey's, the uglier it gets. Who kept calling it an "executioner's hood"? Ugh. Either that, or a holiday costume for the Blue Man Group.

The best description will always belong to Christopher, though. Viva la Leg Lamp! (Makes you wonder. If you push the model over, will she break? )
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    I can understand why Daniel was in the Bottom 3. It was a tad literal with the pure brown color. However, at least it was very pretty. Melissa's dress was just a LBD with what looked like a paper mache flower pasted on the back. And the more I look at Jeffrey's, the uglier it gets. Who kept calling it an "executioner's hood"? Ugh. Either that, or a holiday costume for the Blue Man Group.
    I don't know who called it an "Executioner's hood" but one of the guest judges said she wouldn't wear it unless it was in bed (her words, not mine).

Now, speaking from experience, some costumed characters will wear a similar type of mask to hide their faces in cases where the vision cutout is a little too large, and the mask is called a "Death Mask" or "Grim Reaper Mask" backstage.

And yes Melissa's was really bad and she should've been eliminated over Daniel. I think Jeffrey's was hideous, but will concede that he at least ATTEMPTED something new and different.

BTW, I now will give an honest and frank assessment of Jeffrey's outfit:

It is not a bug or inspired by a bug to me...

It was inspired by the leg lamp from "A Christmas Story" and the Jim Henson studio series "Dinosaurs" that used to be shown on ABC.

Why?

It looks like a table with a nest and the girl's head looks like a dinosaur egg sitting in the middle of the nest.
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 11-02-2013 at 12:31 AM.
    Photobabe likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I don't like Elena, but I liked her costume. Or outfit. Whatever. It looked pretty cool.

Melissa or Jeffrey should have been axed. (Probably Melissa because there was nothing Avant Garde about that dress and everybody knew it.) That said, Jeffrey's look was beyond awful....although Avant Garde. The lamp shade hanging around his model's neck was truly comical. Christopher's description was perfect!

Jeffrey is absolutely not my favorite but I must give him credit for speaking up and defending/explaining his design choices to the judges. If he wouldn't have, I think he could have been ousted. I don't necessarily think it's the smartest move to make, as a contestant, BUT in this instance it worked for him.

Elena is a royal pain! I can't imagine working with her in the room. To be honest, I'm surprised she's doing so well. Interesting...

Daniel's fabric choice was too literal and his design wasn't the best but I hated to see him go. His wasn't the worst.

I love Christopher. Think he's an awesome designer and hope he wins this thing.
    Last edited by tinderbox; 11-02-2013 at 01:16 PM.
    jucamer and JohnnyK like this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Just wanted to say how much I loved Alyssa's hairdo!

Also, I'm surprised that Michael won. He should thank his lucky stars that Zanna saved his behind by exposing his first attempt as too literal. Still, I have to commend him for his second attempt. I just didn't think it was the best.
    Duckyface likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

What really bothered me.....besides losing Daniel, who I love.....was how in the workroom designers are emphatically told not to be literal about their designs.....and then the judges love Elena's LITERAL design.
    How fair is that??

It wasn't fair at all, but apparently Joanna (?) knows what is avante garde when the judges didn't. Issac even said it still needs to be wearable, but on normal seasons of PR they've said it wouldn't need to be wearable in the real world. Completely opposing viewpoints of what avante garde is.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Just wanted to say how much I loved Alyssa's hairdo!

Also, I'm surprised that Michael won. He should thank his lucky stars that Zanna saved his behind by exposing his first attempt as too literal. Still, I have to commend him for his second attempt. I just didn't think it was the best.
    One thing Michael was very good at in his season was listening to constructive criticism and applying it. He didn't get his ego in a knot if Tim didn't like something but tried to put Tim's advice to good use. Sounds like he did the same thing this week (I tried to watch the midnight showing of the episode and fell asleep about halfway through).
    cubsfan55 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123