+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: 10/17 PR 12 Finale Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 10/17 PR 12 Finale Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

I can understand why Dom won this season, but I am still pissed off about Kate being eliminated.

I felt that the runway collections were watered down from the stuff they did during the season. Maybe they choked, I don't know, but I did not see what i expected to see from Bradon, Justin, or Dom. Alexandria yes, but honestly I thought hers would be WORSE than it was! I hate the way she kept repeating that she knows what "girls" like to wear. Well yeah, maybe she knows what (some) younger girls like to wear. But her collection to me appears like a wardrobe for a pop rock singer or something. Not anything you would see on any woman around here near age 30 or older. Possibly only on teenagers. What really gets me is how ridiculous Heidi and Nina sound backing her stuff and saying they would wear it. Can you see either of these grown up women in any of A's clothing???? Please! They are at least in their 40's now aren't they? I am afraid these two ladies are wishing to be young again. It makes them seem foolish to be praising this style of clothing the way they did.

I didn't care much for Dom's collection either. She's a nice girl, but I felt the shapes and lengths of most of her dresses were awkward and too alike. Those shapes would only look good on certain figure types. I got a little tired of all the prints too. But it was cohesive.

The finale was a bit disappointing given some of what Bradon and Justin showed in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by babymay View Post
    When the judges were looking at the muse looks with Tim, they compared Alexandria's top with Justin's top. Each had the cut out back and the judges noticed the similarities in the 2. They also noted that Alexandrias was more luxe, giving her the edge over Justin. What pisses me off is that she made that last minute in the workroom, after seeing Justin's look already. She topped him by replicating his work.
    It would be interesting if Justin does make a mention of that in the reunion show, but I think at the same time he'll be too classy and not say anything.

Does IMHO knock Alexandria down another two pegs though.

I found it interesting though that 90 percent of the viewers felt Tim used his save wisely, and that Justin and Dom were at 41 and 40 percent on the best final runways this season while Braden had I think 13 percent and Alexandria 6...

So it is boloney that Alexandria was second in our eyes.

If Heidi wants this show to go on for more than one or two more seasons (not including the All-Stars one) she need to NOT play favorites like this again. Especially when we all know she allowed Nina and Michael to bully her into giving a win to subpar Gretchen when Mondo's runway was above and beyond the three that season (and no, the fact Seth Aaron won the year before with a similar style is NOT an excuse to reward very dated designs).

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

While I love Dom, I felt that Justin's collection was the best of the 4. Oddly, as much as I dislike Alexandria's personality, I thought she had the second best collection.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Here are pictures of the designers' final collections:

Alexandria

Bradon

Dom

Justin

After the runway show, when the designers were asked why they should be the winner, Alexandria was begging to be chosen. Her begging, pleading, was, to me, a real turnoff. I felt like yelling at her "Have some pride and dignity girl!"
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

I understand the enmity against Alexandria but it's not her fault she made it to the Runway Show. Heidi did some strongarming to get her there, otherwise we wouldnt be having 4 finalists. I think her collection is better than Gretchen's to be frank. I'm not sure though if Dom's is better than Mondo's in his season. I at least like this season better than the last.

I actually think that Alexandria did very well. There were lots of detail in her work and is definitelty more luxe than Justin's. Not sure why they only examined 1 of their designs, considering this was the finale. Alexandria knows her demographics and just because she caters to the youth, it doesn't necessarily mean that her collection was bad. All the judges like her designs so they kept an open mind with regards to that. There were also other people interviewed during the show that preferred her collection.

In terms of demographics and based on their collection, Alexandria caters to the youngest, followed by Justin, then Dom, then Bradon. Bradon's was definitely the least cohesive. In terms of color, Dom's is the most colorful followed by Bradon. Justin only used white and gray, very bland , at least Alex also has black and beige.

It was obvious that Bradon was to be the 3rd runner up and that Dom would be the winner. It was the question of who will be the 1st runner up. Also that Tide pods challenge was useless. It was unnecesary, and they had to sacrifice one of their original designs for it. I dont think there was even mention of it during the judges' deliberation. And I wasnt sure which of Justin's or Alexandria's were from the challenge. They already had the unconventional dress, the Tide Pod challenge was only thrown out here as a mere annoyance and advertising. The only thing about Dom's win was it lacked a wow factor as Nina said but I think the unconventional dress was pretty good wow factor although I agree it wasnt enough.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 10-18-2013 at 11:48 PM.

I do think that Alexandria doesn't come across very well on TV. Dom has a very easy personality and she did comment on other designers work it never came across spiteful or mean. Alexandria on the other hand came across a bit spiteful, tense, desperate. I don't think people liked her and her outfits during the challenges always looked raggedy and unfinished. I have to admit I was very surprised how well her clothes showed on the runway and how well they photographed during the finale. Maybe it's her own personal style, those awful sloppy jeans she wears or how stress out her face always looked?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    I understand the enmity against Alexandria but it's not her fault she made it to the Runway Show. Heidi did some strongarming to get her there, otherwise we wouldnt be having 4 finalists. I think her collection is better than Gretchen's to be frank. I'm not sure though if Dom's is better than Mondo's in his season. I at least like this season better than the last.

Good reminder. If there was any conspiracy, then it was on Heidi's part.

As much as I love Dom, I think Mondo was the superior designer. Mondo had more of that wow! couture factor. As pretty as Dom's prints are, they can be replicated for the stores. Mondo's, not so much.

I actually think that Alexandria did very well. There were lots of detail in her work and is definitelty more luxe than Justin's. Not sure why they only examined 1 of their designs, considering this was the finale. Alexandria knows her demographics and just because she caters to the youth, it doesn't necessarily mean that her collection was bad. All the judges like her designs so they kept an open mind with regards to that. There were also other people interviewed during the show that preferred her collection.

I didn't particularly like Alexandria during the season. Her looks and personality just rubbed me the wrong way. And those horrible droopy pants were some of the worst clothing I have ever seen. I thought it was a crime that she was allowed to compete with Justin and Helen for that last spot in the finale.

However...

I knew she would be in the finale based on her mini-collection. It was well done and deserved a spot. That's why I didn't mind her going along with Justin. And her complete collection was also well-done. I actually thought either she or Dom could have taken the top spot. While I wouldn't have liked Alex winning, it wouldn't have upset me nearly so much as Gretchen's win did.

And I didn't hold it against her that she went for the youth market. As an old fogey, I find it irritating, but I can understand. If Alex has watched this show before, then she knows Heidi and the other judges constantly talk about how wonderful it is when fashion looks young. That's how the fashion industry is biased, so Alex was just being smart in giving the judges what they wanted. And she'll also probably make a lot of money. If she had been designing on that NBC show, then I think the buyer from Forever 21 would have snapped up her things.

I wondered about the "1 design" thing myself. I think it's because those were the models that the designers worked with throughout the show. Remember how they told Dom's model "You won something, too" and she was all happy?

In terms of demographics and based on their collection, Alexandria caters to the youngest, followed by Justin, then Dom, then Bradon. Bradon's was definitely the least cohesive. In terms of color, Dom's is the most colorful followed by Bradon. Justin only used white and gray, very bland , at least Alex also has black and beige.

That was the one reason I hesitated last week about putting Alex in the finale. All those washed-out neutral colors nearly put me to sleep.

I loved some of the individual pieces from Bradon's collection. Those colorful prints were lovely and I would wear them. That long, flowy dress with the shades of blue was also gorgeous. However, that shiny material just looked cheap. It looked like something you would make a lady's satin nightshirt from, or satin bedsheets.

It was obvious that Bradon was to be the 3rd runner up and that Dom would be the winner. It was the question of who will be the 1st runner up. Also that Tide pods challenge was useless. It was unnecesary, and they had to sacrifice one of their original designs for it. I dont think there was even mention of it during the judges' deliberation. And I wasnt sure which of Justin's or Alexandria's were from the challenge. They already had the unconventional dress, the Tide Pod challenge was only thrown out here as a mere annoyance and advertising. The only thing about Dom's win was it lacked a wow factor as Nina said but I think the unconventional dress was pretty good wow factor although I agree it wasnt enough.

I was so mad when Tim introduced that challenge, for all the reasons you listed. And for Pete's sake, this was a couture fashion show! The whole point is to show clothing that is not necessarily for the average woman. Throwing in some ready-to-wear washable outfit jars with the rest of the collection and comes off as cheap. The only Tide dress I remember is Bradon's. I honestly couldn't pick out the Tide dresses from the other three collections. You're right, the judges mercifully didn't comment on those outfits.

That's one of the reasons I dislike this show now. The constant pandering to sponsors has become is mind-numbing.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey

At the end of the day this is a reality show for entertainment first and foremost. All of them got exposure and now the ball is in their court to use that to create a brand and go for it. Who wins is not as important as what they do with what they got from this show.
    Photobabe and Babbred like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    ...If Heidi wants this show to go on for more than one or two more seasons (not including the All-Stars one) she need to NOT play favorites like this again. Especially when we all know she allowed Nina and Michael to bully her into giving a win to subpar Gretchen when Mondo's runway was above and beyond the three that season (and no, the fact Seth Aaron won the year before with a similar style is NOT an excuse to reward very dated designs).
    Bolding mine.

I hear you. My biggest fear was that we'd have another Gretchen type win on our hands.

Happy Dom won but would liked to have seen Kate in the finale.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast