+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: 10/17 PR 12 Finale Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fanatic

Re: 10/17 PR 12 Finale Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

I paid very close attention to each designer's collections. There were pieces in each collection that I would wear. In Justin's collection, I loved the brown sound wave dress. I could wear that to work or out after work. While I loved the test tube dress, it was definitely too high fashion for my daily wear. I would love the laser cut leather shorts from Alexandria's collection. Her strength is definitely leather pieces. I loved the silk charmeuse print Bradon used. I liked the shorts, the gown and his opening look: the shiny gown with the white ruffle at the bottom. I felt like Dom was the clear winner when her work came down the runway. I loved the dresses and how she matched the pattern to look like mirror images. Her washable dress was very work friendly. For once, the judges got it right, despite Heidi trying to hand the season to A.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

At least if Alex comes back to an All-Star season, Heidi won't be there.

WAY to GO, DOM!!!!!!!!

Last edited by ness; 10-18-2013 at 01:14 AM.
    cmurfi and JohnnyK like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Just for clarification:

5. Justin's parents put things in perspective, as did he in his loss. Gracious winning and losing - I doubt he'll be looking for folks interested in his work. Heck, I think his ideas using a 3D printer honestly could create a new line of accessories, and that alone could bring him quite a few sales (either printing stuff from that machine or designing accessories that can be turned into casts for metal).
    I wrote this wrong ... I meant to say he will definitely have people wanting to hire him, or I don't doubt he'll be lacking for folks interested in his work.

The only exception may be that first dress he did inspired from the glamping trip.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    At least if Alex comes back to an All-Star season, Heidi won't be there.
    Oh I think Alyssa will be reschooling her in how to critique design based on the comments I've been hearing in the teasers - because I don't think they're entirely trick edits (some might be, but those comments are too scathing to be play acting).

One final note - I loved Dom's unconventional challenge dress (but liked the washable one more), but it looked like the girl was naked under the dress. I think she should've made sure that there were nude undergarments - or slightly heavier ones - to be a bit more modest.

Really out of the four, the only two unconventionals that fooled the eye and transformed the materials were Justin's and (very close second) Dom's. Hated Alexandria's (but understand her reasoning) and Bradon's sadly just was I had no idea what he was using.
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 10-18-2013 at 01:26 AM.

Glad Dom won!

Justin's collection was great and I really liked Brandon's clothes, but the judges were right, when you saw it all together it didn't look cohesive and was kind of all over the place.

I guess I'm in a minority. While I do think Alexandria should have been out several times during this season, I actually liked her collection, her styling and thought it showed well. People watching with me who have not seen the season thought hers should win. I didn't think hers should win and am glad Dom won, but I'm not upset with second. Her clothes look well made, hang great and look hip for the "young" audience they are always talking about.

I was happy about the results and didn't dislike any of these final four. I see fashion like this as art, not really things I would wear, so I don't use that as judgement on the designers. Alexandria got the bad edit this season, these shows need some drama. While I don't like those droopy pants, I recognize the look as something that is trendy and appealing to the likes of Heidi, etc. I do wish that Alexandria would stop crying all the time! She looks like she always just had a good cry over something. I used to design and sew clothes for a store in Hawaii many years ago, so I feel a connection with this show and look forward to each and every season! I hope they all do well after this show ends, they deserve to as they are all very talented.
    Kip and Lizard like this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I was rooting for Dom going into the show. Both she and Alexandria have, IMO, the clearest points of view. If you saw an outfit from either of them, you'd know who'd made it.

I liked Dom's collection best. There was one dress where the print on the back looked like a big brown splotch over the model's bottom, but other than that, thought it was superb. And, yes, the dress Dom was wearing was ugly.

And, speaking of splotches, what's with the models having coffee and food around the dresses? I'm all for models eating, but surely that can't be common practice.

I liked Justin's collection next best. The unconventional materials dress was stunning.

As to third and fourth, I thought it was kind of a toss up. Alexandria's collection was more cohesive and I liked a lot of the pieces. I wasn't too fond of a lot of Braden's fabric mixing choices. Sometimes I wouldn't like the front of a dress, and the model would turn around, and I'd like the back because it had different fabrics. I agree with others that Alexandria shouldn't have been a fourth in the show.

FORT Fogey

Dom was my choice to win. I liked Alexandria's collection next and would have put her in second place, as well. I didn't care for Bradens at all and thought Justin's was a bit boring though I loved the 3D pieces.

Models drinking coffee in a runway outfit?! How could that possibly happen? Yowza. I would think that food and drink would not be allowed once they were dressed or anywhere near the clothes.

I loved the Ikat dress Dom wore! I like her personal style. One dress had the white part of the print around the woman's waist and made it look larger but other than that I loved her collection, especiall the black and white prints.

I like the male dancer's clothes best. They are very romantic and classic. They "dance." Perfect for creating special memories in.

Dom's was sexy. I cannot say i like a lot of big patterns. I would probably wear a big pattern probably only 4 times in a summer.

Alex. Has a calvin klein lux to her collection. But i felt it was for the super skinny. The fabric was too skinny for my tastes. The hats...too busy to wear. I think all of can identify with the its my turn logic. I was impoverished through my twenties and did not date anyone really until my mid forties, and i am now going through a divorce. I thought everyone else was tajen care of and loved. Now I think it was my turn all along. I just did not know it. So i should remember that now. We have beautiful today!

Deaf man-- beautiful nontraditional materials dress.

I guess i have "old " girl tastes.
    Kip likes this.
    You can do it!

When the judges were looking at the muse looks with Tim, they compared Alexandria's top with Justin's top. Each had the cut out back and the judges noticed the similarities in the 2. They also noted that Alexandrias was more luxe, giving her the edge over Justin. What pisses me off is that she made that last minute in the workroom, after seeing Justin's look already. She topped him by replicating his work.
    Kip likes this.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast