Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: 10/10 PR 12 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: 10/10 PR 12 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Here are pictures of the fashions from this week's episode:

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    ...However, Kate was also very nice to everybody else this season. I realize not everyone likes her, but I don't really understand why since she wasn't a bitch to anybody that I can remember. And she wasn't a crybaby or drama queen either.
    Going into this season I didn't care for Kate due to her attitude the first time she was on the show. She was a prima donna and acted like she knew oh so much more than everyone else. She came off as stuck-up and annoying, IMO.

She had a much more humble attitude this season. I have commented that I wished Justin had just made it into the final 3 over Helen and Alexandria, but actually I think Kate did more interesting work over the entirety of the season than Justin. I wish she had made it to the final 3.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I love this part in Joshua's blog about Alexandria. He nailed exactly how I feel about her designs:

It seems like you think raw, undone clothing appeals to everyone, and it doesn't. Far too many times this season you have used this technique and frankly if it were not for the support of Heidi, you would not be with us today. Not knowing how to finish garments properly and playing it off as though it's what you intended is a crutch that will get old in time for most people but is something I am completely OVER! Why not just come out and say you don't know what you are doing on a sewing machine and give Tiny Tim back his property?

Source: Hell-en on Earth - Joshua McKinley Blog - Project Runway Blog | myLifetime.com

Looking at the designs again - it looks like Alexandria and Helen decided to use Simplicity patterns, with Alexandria doing them horribly wrong and Helen not knowing how to dart properly (but at least trying to follow the pattern).

Justin's was the ONLY one of the three that looked runway ready.

I mean I've seen some eclectic runway shows, with off the wall designs...

But no, Alexandria and Helen's outfits were NOT even in that area of "design" (off beat, but at least attempt to be creative).
    AZChristian and jucamer like this.

Totally surprised that they have 4 finalists. I thought only Justin will make it and the other two eliminated. Is 4 finalists a 1st in PR? Yea I agree that Heidi had something to do with Alexandria making it. I also agree that Kate deserves to be in the final 4 over Alexandria. Kate only made one bad dress and was surprised she got eliminated.

Anyway, why are these designers crying about not being able to show their collection on Bryant Park. I would understand if you are 9th because the top 8 gets to show anyway, win or lose, unless someone quits like that Maya girl from seasons past, then the 9th place sneaks in. Anyway, do the non-finalists get a headstart in creating their collection since they were eliminated earlier?
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 10-15-2013 at 01:19 AM.

I finally got caught up with this season's episodes over the weekend. Let me ghet this straight...poopy pants & unfinished garments are the "in" thing????

Seriously Alexandria is still in this competition??? Her remark about the pants not fitting the midel correctly & that those pants took the right woman to pull off. Now if a 6"+ skinny model could not wear these pants correct who IS the right person for this collection???

Helen's was a super mess. Her collection was all about capes. Wasn't this a Spring collection so who wears capes in the Spring. I will nte I never wear capes. At least I still have 3 of my designers still in this. I think this is Dom's to lose.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Helen's was a super mess. Her collection was all about capes. Wasn't this a Spring collection so who wears capes in the Spring. I will nte I never wear capes. At least I still have 3 of my designers still in this. I think this is Dom's to lose.
    You, and probably everyone else in the world! I cannot take capes seriously. They always remind me of the Seinfeld episode where Frank Costanza's lawyer wears a cape...
    Seinfeld - Man in a cape - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I finally got caught up with this season's episodes over the weekend. Let me ghet this straight...poopy pants & unfinished garments are the "in" thing????

Seriously Alexandria is still in this competition??? Her remark about the pants not fitting the midel correctly & that those pants took the right woman to pull off. Now if a 6"+ skinny model could not wear these pants correct who IS the right person for this collection???
    I don't know - maybe a six-foot model instead of a six inch model? (I've had the whole feet (') and inches (") thing drilled in my head for a while - sorry. ).

The right person to pull of these clothes IMHO would be Sacha Baron, but only because HE wears ridiculous stuff all the time. Some of these clothes I could see in one of his movies quite honestly. (Yes, that'd mean a sale and some validation for Alexandria's design, but who wants to be associated with a person who tends to be generally disrespectful to all?)

But you ARE right though - Alexandria does not really understand how clothes lay on a person, which is why I think she'd designed the way she has all season. I can see some folks being upset she got to show a collection and even more so she beat them (as I find her comparable to Sandro's designs off and on).

As far as the Heidi favoring Alexandria, I would suggest it's possible, as we've seen in the past, that Heide just has a different, more European, aesthetic than the other judges. Alexandria's clothes come across very German/Berlinish. I could be all wrong, of course, but having spent time in Europe this is what comes across to me.

I think she's made some dreadful clothes this year, but we've seen dreadful make it to the finale and even win before. I actually liked her three pieces more than I thought I would.

FORT Fogey

Who wears capes? I'll tell you who wears capes: people with screwed up shoulders. I was so thankful capes were big for fall/winter last year, because getting a a regular coat on and off was harder and more painful than I thought it would be, but since capes either have no sleeves or big, wide sleeves, they were much easier to get on. But my winter capes are belted or ruched in at the middle, so they're more like a cross between a cape and a coat--a good idea, because it makes them warmer, plus you don't end up looking like a huge triangle.

Let me tell you, when I was sitting in the PT or therapeutic massage waiting rooms, I had a women asking where I found a winter cape, because some of them, in worse shape than me, literally couldn't get a regular winter coat on without help.

That being said, Helen's capes were useless--instead of making it easier to move, one of them actually immobilized the model, and that's just plain stupid. Who wants to wear something that prevents them from moving their arms?
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast