+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: 10/10 PR 12 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: 10/10 PR 12 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

I liked some of Alexandria's clothes, but agree with the judges that they don't make for a very exciting runway show.

The dolls Alexandria's kids (in her sewing class) made of Tim Gunn and the PR contestants were wonderful - I smiled all through that segment.
    NCLurker, Shoepie and Dragonlady like this.

Though I tend to favor color and print, I definitely liked some of Alexandria's pieces...a pair of her pants with a Dom print top, would be just perfect in my closet.

I'm not as excited over Justin as some, but as others have said, we all have our own personal taste, but I sure did like his tube dress, and the jewelry he made. I have seen something I liked from every designer. I did not care for Helen's 3 looks.

In the end, I'm for a Dom win, because it's things I personally like.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Very glad that Justin will have the chance to show at NYFW. Considering what walked the runway, he definitely deserved the opportunity. They could hardly not send him after having only good things to say about his 3 pieces.

Of course, Heidi gushed over Alexandria's stuff. The only positive thing I can say is that this will give us the chance to see her piece for the unconventional challenge. I'm interested in seeing what she does with the woven newspaper. I loved seeing the dolls the kids made of each contestant. The Tim Gunn doll was my absolute favorite and the "Sue" doll was a dead-on look-alike!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

It would be a good final four if Kate could be substituted in place of Alexandria. She had beautiful, well made clothes and only one piece of crap dress--that should not have been the nail in her coffin. Alexandria has had horrible looking, badly made clothes week after week. I do not want to see more from her. I am having flashbacks to the year Gretchen was on. May they not repeat that travesty. On the plus side, very glad they got rid of Helen.
    cubsfan55, jucamer and Babbred like this.

Luv'ed the dolls the kids made I bet if they put them online they would sell.
    NCLurker, Shoepie and mushybrain like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Not particularly pleased that Alexandria is in the finale, but I'm thrilled that Helen is gone. Having said that, I actually liked what Alexandria presented. Yes! Her lack of color ("She thinks that grey and white is a color!" ) is problematic for the runway, but the individual pieces are quite nice.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I've neither liked nor hated Alexandria's designs this season; just not a style I'd wear, but I did like very much how she worked with those children. She seems very dedicated to that. I am delighted that Justin will be showing and I'm equally delighted that Helen is gone.
    cubsfan55 and jucamer like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

I will be shocked if Dom does not win this. Her collection is far superior to the others.
    short_lived likes this.

To the Point

If someone has a link to all the collections would you please send it to me in a pm? Please?

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880 View Post
    It would be a good final four if Kate could be substituted in place of Alexandria. She had beautiful, well made clothes and only one piece of crap dress--that should not have been the nail in her coffin. Alexandria has had horrible looking, badly made clothes week after week. I do not want to see more from her. I am having flashbacks to the year Gretchen was on. May they not repeat that travesty. On the plus side, very glad they got rid of Helen.
    I totally agree with you about Kate. I am still pissed that she was eliminated after showing so much good work and only the one bad dress. I liked Justin's work and for sure he should have that win over the other two of the last three, but Kate should have had a place in the finals in my opinion. I think this season has been absolutely shameful for its eliminations and lack thereof, and I believe that Heidi is showing favoritism to Alexandria. It really stinks because based on those last three outfits I don't think either she or Helen should have even made it to that point!

I like Dom; how can you not like Dom? she is a sweet person and had nothing bad to say about anyone. However, Kate was also very nice to everybody else this season. I realize not everyone likes her, but I don't really understand why since she wasn't a bitch to anybody that I can remember. And she wasn't a crybaby or drama queen either. I also think her work in the prior challenges was for the most part better than Dom's, so for me if Dom were to win I would probably still feel like Kate should have instead. It was just so unfair, what they did. I also think Kate knew Heidi did not like her. Now I don't claim to know the reason, but I firmly believe this to be true. I felt it early on. I thought "Heidi doesn't like Kate for some reason. Hmmmm...wonder why?" Maybe she didn't care for the fact that Kate's creations were so much better than the slop her favorite was putting out. I don't see how anybody can look at every episode of the season and not think that there was favoritism at work here, at the very least.

It just really bothers me that Kate was given another chance on this show and it was so unfairly taken from her. She was so young and eager to please and show these judges that she belonged there. She also had people thinking she didn't belong there because she had been dq'd before. And yet she managed to present very nice work, except for that one time. You could tell it meant everything to her.

Oh well. I'm glad Helen is gone. I knew her collection wouldn't be runway worthy in the end. She's far too immature, she isn't ready.

For the win, I would say Bradon was the most talented among these designers.
    I would love to see the other collections too if anybody has a link. I will look for it also.
    Last edited by lilymax; 10-12-2013 at 03:39 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast