+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: 10/10 PR 12 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fanatic

Re: 10/10 PR 12 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

I loved Justin's three piece collection. And I wanted to mute Heidi when she said she was excited to see what Alexandria would show in a whole collection. I am even more convinced than I was last week, Heidi knows her from A's modeling days. It's that...or Heidi is blind.
    jucamer and Babbred like this.

FORT Fogey

I loved Alexandria's 3 pieces, I would wear all of them! And that right there is the problem the judges had. They are more ready to wear than runway worthy. I loved the colors, pockets and look.

Justin's gown was stellar but I didn't like his other pieces. I don't think he can win.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I loved Alexandria's 3 pieces, I would wear all of them! And that right there is the problem the judges had. They are more ready to wear than runway worthy. I loved the colors, pockets and look.
    Sadly that has NOT stopped them from choosing that style of runway as a winner before

But it's honestly HEIDI interfering here than anything - and I suspect that the modeling past that Alexandria has (and knowing Heidi from there) is a factor sadly.

Justin's gown was stellar but I didn't like his other pieces. I don't think he can win.
    As much as I love his work, against Dom and Braden no, I don't think he can win. That said, I think it should JUST BE him, Dom and Braden showing.

What worries me is that in the previews for the finale we may be seeing Alexandria win - she is positively glowing compared to the other smiles I'm seeing in the group.

Let's be honest - if Alex wins, then they better have an EXCELLENT winner in the All-Stars or I just won't watch. There's NO WAY Alexandria is better than the other three IMHO.

This is from someone watching the show - NO WINNER SPOILERS

'Project Runway' Season 12 At New York Fashion Week: Who Said There Was No Crying In Fashion?

By Sally Turner
    on September 07 2013 11:01 AM

But if I were a Project Runway judge and had to pick a winner, I would put my money on Alexandria; It took all my strength not to rip those form-fitting black leather shorts, and feathered headpieces right off the runway. Perhaps, her creations will be in stores soon.
    There you have it. Another in Alexandria's corner. I guess we should contain our ire and surprise if she wins. GAH!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Of the three that were still competing this week:

Justin - Knocked it out of the park. His stuff was great, especially the test tube dress. I thought his incorporation of 3D printing was very inventive. I wonder if he was allowed to use some of the money they gave him to purchase it...?

Helen - I am SO GLAD she is out! I didn't see a single thing in her collection that was not something similar to what she had done in the past that the judges liked. I didn't like her print, although I liked the idea behind it. The end result reminded me of prints that, in the past, the judges have referred to as "dirty dish water".

Alexandria - I actually kind of liked the designs she showed. HOWEVER, like a previous poster, I like them in a "I could wear that tomorrow" kind of way. I don't think they are good for the runway, they are quite ready-to-wear. I also don't need to see an entire collection of this stuff. All the same colors, all the same basic pants/shirt/jacket concept.

Heidi needs to be quiet. They only needed one of these three collections to move on, and that is Justin's!

I'm really looking forward to seeing Dom and Braedon's collections. I'm a little worried about the prints Braedon is using. They seemed to have the potential to come off as "matronly".
    luvbaroque likes this.

FORT Fogey

I found a site the other day that showed all of the finalists entire collections. I cannot find it again (deleted history)! If anyone finds it or has another, please post the link. Thanks.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    This is from someone watching the show - NO WINNER SPOILERS

'Project Runway' Season 12 At New York Fashion Week: Who Said There Was No Crying In Fashion?

By Sally Turner
    on September 07 2013 11:01 AM

There you have it. Another in Alexandria's corner. I guess we should contain our ire and surprise if she wins. GAH!
    I really hated those feathered headpieces. Combined with the braids, they looked like she was trying to imitate some kind of ersatz Native American look, and form-fitting black leather shorts? Is that really a new look? Or one that a whole lot of people want to wear (or even can wear)?

On the other hand, Justin's test tube dress reminded me of a traditional jingle dress, but not in a deliberate way. It was just that the test tubes were a little bit like the shape of the jingles on such a dress and they also made a sound. Beyond that, it looked completely different and really was a new look.

I don't really expect Justin to win, but I suspect he may have done his career a world of good with what we've seen so far of his final collection and by his professional, kindly demeanor shown throughout the show. Even the other designers seemed to like him genuinely and despite being paired to room with Ken, he maintained his cool, positive attitude. He's the kind of guy people are going to want to work with after this is all over--and the Tim Gunn seal of approval save isn't going to hurt any either. I think Dom and Braedon also generally showed good attitudes that should help their careers. Alexandria, on the other hand, came off as thinking she was hot stuff, and her work was not as consistently well made or strong as that of the others.

FORT Fogey

Heidi was being honest, she liked Alexandria's clothes. Nina, didn't, honest response too. Because Alex used to be a model does not mean Heidi would blindly favor her. She has her own personal style and taste.

We all have different tastes and not a big deal if you don't like her collection. I think Dom will win.

I found a site the other day that showed all of the finalists entire collections. I cannot find it again (deleted history)! If anyone finds it or has another, please post the link. Thanks.
    Even with a link, I (personally) wouldn't go look! I like the anticipation of seeing the collections for the first time during the finale runway show. Afterward I go look up the decoy collections as well. I'm a glutton for punishment that way!
    jucamer likes this.

Heidi was being honest, she liked Alexandria's clothes. Nina, didn't, honest response too. Because Alex used to be a model does not mean Heidi would blindly favor her. She has her own personal style and taste.
    I agree; however, many of Alexandria's outfits would in most seasons have lead to the elimination of the contestant, even if Heidi liked them (and there have been a few).

Plus, a majority of her outfits are poorly made, or wouldn't be worn by most people.

Click to see Spoiler:
    And ... top it off she STILL manages to create a pair of pants in the final runway that to me read a bit of those poopy pants. They have a very weird flap in front of these trousers a model wears.

There is NO feasible explanation - save favoritism IMHO - that Alexandria should still be in this show. Not compared to the likes of Jeremy, Kate, and heck, even KEN (though I will maintain I am all right with him gone still because his attitude does not reflect the show).

Speaking of which... I find one point very interesting in regard to decoys:

Click to see Spoiler:
    Ken, who was eliminated after Jeremy, does NOT have a decoy collection. Jeremy however does. I'd love to know if Ken refused to do one or if he was punished for his behavior in this avenue, given that the show COULD produce some sales if not just get the designers out in the fashion industry.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast