+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: 10/10 PR 12 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 10/10 PR 12 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

One of Justin's models broke her ankle? Yikes.

And Alexandria looks way too happy in those previews. They better not pull a Gretchen this season, because the other three are clearly better than she is, though I've thought for some time that it really is Don's to lose anyway. They've all praised Dom all season, and I have no problem with that. Though sometimes I've liked other people's looks better in a particular challenge, she has produced good work overall.
    jucamer likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

If Alexandria wins this season, I swear I will never watch another season of Project Runway with Heidi as a judge. I'm serious. One Gretchen was enough. This show will have officially jumped the shark for me if there is a second.

They should have only sent Justin to Fashion Week with Dom and Bradon. His looks were so far up and above Helen and Alexandria's.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Agreed - the paint splatters take away from the dress
    I think it would have worked better if he'd used that technique he used on his super fan dress and embroidered over a bunch of handwritten words to indicate the chaos of the noise when he first started to hear--but, as in the super fan challenge, with the words not being immediately distinguishable as words so much as a pattern.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    If Alexandria wins this season, I swear I will never watch another season of Project Runway with Heidi as a judge. I'm serious. One Gretchen was enough. This show will have officially jumped the shark for me if there is a second.
    Really. If Heidi is so hot and bothered about Alexandria, let her hire her to design for her clothing line and see how far it gets her. I mean, let her put her own money where her big mouth is, and if the general public votes with their pocket books against poopy pants and slouchy pants and unfinished seams in a depressing color palate, so be it.

I don't like 99.9% of Alexandria's clothes either, but if she wins she was one of my pool master designers. So I won't be utterly ticked anyway! LOL!

Only reason I even picked her was because of the edit I felt she was getting in those first two shows. It screamed winner or at least finalist to me.

That said, I suspect Braden wins. His comment in the preview about this being a day to remember made me think of post-win comments from past winners.

My preference though is Justin. Dom is my second choice.
    Cootie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Dom's reaction to finding out Alexandria was in was hysterical: "Oh, no. I mean, congrats, but...." Guess Dom was really hoping to keep Helen around instead, because she sure didn't have that reaction to Justin being in.
    She respects Justin and - like with Bradon I think - wants to compete against the best. IMHO, I think Dom felt that Alexandria advancing, especially with that hideous runway that even *I* a two year sewing student could make, was purely favoritism.

And I say this given she said so many nice things about his collection.

I will give Helen this much - she was a whole LOT more respectful about Justin's collection and the other designers than Alexandria was. You could see Alexandria was smug and almost knew she'd advanced even if she did the collection in nothing more than burlap sacks.

As far as Justin's collection - he was BY FAR the best of the three and should've been the ONLY person advancing this week.

People mention Justin's grey dress and the spatters. While I DO agree with the spatters - as he could've done say a nice cohesive pattern on the skirt's trim, I'd like to offer up a reason why it may have construded as "chaos" for him.

Where I live, they did a rough estimate of what the cochlear implants sound like, and they have a distorted, static type vibration in the sound. He could be interpreting that static in the trim of the skirt. This would be similar to the waves he created from the 3-D fabricator.

I loved his showstopper of unconventional materials for two reasons - one, simply put it's stunning and doesn't look like test tubes until you look really close. I think he advanced simply for that dress if not the other two outfits.

Secondly? - I may have not heard this, but the dress also CREATES a pretty tinkling sound, so it makes noise. It's in a way - intentionally or not - him interpreting how he went from silence to being able to hear.

And I'm like most folks - I truly think Tim was jumping up and down in his heart that Justin advanced because he most DEFINITELY put his heart, soul and effort into making Tim proud he used his save on him (and showed himself what he's capable of).

Now, the finals, I want to see Dom, Braden or Justin win. If it's Alexandria, I will say that the show is rigged and it would explain why they had to become scrappy to get a cast together for the upcoming All-Star season.

Oh, and she will replace Gretchen as the WORST designer to win this show.
    Kip and jucamer like this.

I thought there were only going to be 3 finalists. Dom, Justin and Brandon are the obvious strongest top three.

I like that both Heidi and Zac said that Alexandria's pieces were great for a showroom but not for the runway ... that comment explains much ... I think her pieces may look good up close but you just cannot see it on the TV screen. I did sorta like her collection better than Helen's and her pants looked interesting but as a collection I think her 3 pieces were a miss. Of the three designers Justin hands down had the best collection as far a a pants look a short dress and a show stopper. I was screaming at the judges to pick Justin to go to fashion week.

As for Helen I am glad she was eliminated .. she won so many of the challenges which in my opinion I didn't think she should have .. also her pieces looked and felt rather grandma, at least the red one did.

Thing is the top 6 or so designers do end up showing collections at fashion week as decoy collections so either way Helen will end up showing her collection. Sometimes I wish they would forget all this hoopla and just show all the decoy and real collections so we can really see why these folks were picked to appear as contestants on Project Runway.
    Kip likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Thing is the top 6 or so designers do end up showing collections at fashion week as decoy collections so either way Helen will end up showing her collection. Sometimes I wish they would forget all this hoopla and just show all the decoy and real collections so we can really see why these folks were picked to appear as contestants on Project Runway.
    It is dumb that they're so hush-hush about the decoy collections. I agree with you, Bearcata. How about letting us see ALL of the decoy collections on the Project Runway runway and then show only the finalists' collections on the runway at Fashion Week?

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    It is dumb that they're so hush-hush about the decoy collections. I agree with you, Bearcata. How about letting us see ALL of the decoy collections on the Project Runway runway and then show only the finalists' collections on the runway at Fashion Week?
    I just saw all the decoy collections and final four, the last 8 designers all showed at fashion week and one of them shocked me as far as the photos look great ... sometimes seeing the models walk in the clothes vs a static photograph really gives you a different impression of the outfit and the total collection.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Well, Alex got her wish of going to Fashion Week. That should be good enough. Get rid of her now. Thanks.
    jucamer and Babbred like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast