+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: PR Designers: Where are they now?

Re: Althea Harper - Season 6

Not a lot of action in this thread...

Anyway, Althea had a showing at Fashion week this year:
    Althea Harper Fall 2010

There are some interesting pieces, but I'm not too keen on her leggings. And the use of contrast-coloured insets is a bit too much, in my opinion.

Re: Gretchen Jones - Season 8

Gretchen has a jewelry (non-profit) line at Piperlime.

Gap.com

And her 2011 collection

http://www.gretchenjonesnyc.com/collections/f-w-2011

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I looked at the link to her 2011 collection. If I saw people walking down the street in some of those outfits, I'd probably turn around and stare - and not in a good way.

The jewelry wasn't too bad, but I don't pay that much for stuff unless I totally and completely love it.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I looked at the link to her 2011 collection. If I saw people walking down the street in some of those outfits, I'd probably turn around and stare - and not in a good way.

The jewelry wasn't too bad, but I don't pay that much for stuff unless I totally and completely love it.
    Her clothing line just reinforces my opinion that she was not innovative in her designs nor was she classic. As for the jewelry, wasn't she praised for her jewelry design on the show? Prices on it are too high for me, but at least it is for a cause.

The jewelry for a cause is very simple - even I can make that jewelry. She should've done something along her line she used in "PR," but a size most of us will wear. I will be surprised if many purchase it.

Her designs are still the basic snoozefest which I will be honest many you can see in similar styles and purchase for far less in Kohl's or such. I liked the Inverness style coat (the blue one with the second collar - I think maybe called "Hermit") but that was it.

Kors also did the granny pants better - even though most of us still won't wear them (even the skinny-ninnies I know of - and I use this term in their case affectionately, have told me they wouldn't wear them).

Sorry, but she continues to prove to me that she was not the one deserving of the win.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    The jewelry for a cause is very simple - even I can make that jewelry. She should've done something along her line she used in "PR," but a size most of us will wear. I will be surprised if many purchase it.

Her designs are still the basic snoozefest which I will be honest many you can see in similar styles and purchase for far less in Kohl's or such. I liked the Inverness style coat (the blue one with the second collar - I think maybe called "Hermit") but that was it.

Kors also did the granny pants better - even though most of us still won't wear them (even the skinny-ninnies I know of - and I use this term in their case affectionately, have told me they wouldn't wear them).

Sorry, but she continues to prove to me that she was not the one deserving of the win.
    Don't be sorry for having good taste!

Well... You're right there, I shouldn't be sorry. I do get how it feels to have people critique good and bad on wearable designs (my case fused glass/diachroic glass jewelry in particular), but her stuff is simply bad and cheap.

I did some looking at my mom's old '70s jewelry, and the patterns that Gretchen used in the fundraiser jewelry? - they favor that style of jewelry.

There were many talented people in the last season but we got a fairly subpar winner. I really don't think it was right for them to choose her over Mondo - even if it'd been a second designer in the line of this area (Seth Aaron of course the previous winner). People will buy Mondo's outfits sooner than Gretchen's.

that 2011 collection was just awful but at least there were no granny pannies..lol wonder if Mondo or Michael have collections would love to see them
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Re: Laura Bennett - Season 3

Sad, unexpected news:

Tom + Lorenzo® ‏@tomandlorenzo 5:10 AM - 2 Sep 12

We're very sad to inform you kittens that Laura Bennett's husband died of cancer. RIP Bad Daddy. We'll miss you very much.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: Laura Bennett - Season 3

This is so sad. He left behind such a young family and the boys will be having a hard time of it. Hold them, and yourself, close, Laura.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast