+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: 9/19 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: 9/19 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Alexandria is off putting; I don't like her. She has the potential to look beautiful but does nothing. Stringy hair and no makeup works on younger women; she is too old to pull that off, especially on TV. I long for the days of Jay, Austin, Laura, Santino, Wendy, etc. Where did all the interesting personalities go?
    Same here. She reminds me of Wendy Pepper, another designer I didn't care for, both for personality and fashion sense.

If they had kicked Ken out before finishing last night's show, what would have happened to his "superfan" This could be the reason he was allowed to stay.
    Shoepie and Babbred like this.
    There's no place like home!

I think Zac Posen might have been able to hook her up with some new fashions, or give her a gift certificate to make up for her troubles.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I thought Justin had the hardest task of the top three--he had to deal with his model's recent big weight loss (and good for her, but it did mean he had to figure out an undergarment for her as well as a dress) and the modesty requirements of her religion. What she wanted, he delivered in a really original way, well constructed way. The other two got to do an edgy power suit and a red carpet dress, which are the kinds of things a lot of designers love to do anyway. I know Justin said he likes to do more modest clothing, so he was fine with that, but it's still a bigger challenge, and he was so cheerful about handling it. Also, I really thought the idea of using her signature as part of the design was cool and made the dress entirely one of a kind and specifically hers.
    I agree! Justin deserved the win - this was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and the dress should have been a one-of-a-kind creation. Add in the modesty & weight loss and he did one heck of a job! Helen's model (no offense) looked so good on the runway mostly because she had looked so bad beforehand. Braden model was already pretty & polished - as Tim pointed out early on, but the dress was exactly what she wanted, so yes, it belonged in the top three.

As for Ken & his most recent blow-up . . . . yes, Alexander knocked and Ken, being so close to the door (strategy on his part I'm sure) did nothing but ignore it. When Alexander & Bradon attempted to enter the room, Ken stood there, blocking their way like the world was gonna stop revolving if he stepped away from ironing his raggedy cut-off denim shorts. Rearranging of rooms has been done since the first season. It's not like the two guys just up and decided all on their own to go shack up with Justin & Ken . . . and Ken KNEW they were coming because he was already in a snit about it.

I'd have given him a broom closet and told him that was where he'd be sleeping. So glad he didn't have the chance to use that private room - basically given to him for simply being an a$$hole.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Here are pictures of the fashions from this week's episode:

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    If they had kicked Ken out before finishing last night's show, what would have happened to his "superfan" This could be the reason he was allowed to stay.
    Well, if it were up to me (but unfortunately it isn't), he would've been disqualified, Tim would've told the superfan that unfortunately Ken had to leave the show (no specifics) but she was still going to get her dress, and in walked Jeremy.

Because of the late start, Jeremy would be allowed to get the fabric and the time that was already used up so he could still create a garment in the same amount of time.

I think he'd pulled off a great look for this woman, better than Ken's, wouldn't have commented on the color and how he hated it, and probably won or came in top three of the challenge.

I think this fan would've been even happier with her outfit if Jeremy had made it honestly.

So, IMHO - that was ZERO excuse to keep Ken there, NOT when they disqualified Sandro for doing the SAME THING Ken did (not listen to producers and get violent - verbally but still - with them).

Also, looking at Justin's dress again, I have to say I'm amazed at how well he sewed the designer's name. He probably had some sort of embroidery program to do it, but given the curve... it is just amazing. (BTW, thanks Pikachu for putting their first and last names in the photo cards... I wasn't sure which signature was used on the dress, and now I know - it's hers).
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 09-20-2013 at 12:29 PM.
    Kip and pikachu like this.

The green color on Ken's HP drawing was more of a kelly green which would have been wonderful with her skin and hair. That pea green she liked at Mood just was not the same. I can see where he was unhappy, but she liked it.

We saw on a previous show when Ken had the phone conversation with his mom that he has had ongoing personality/anger issues. Also, from previous shows, we know it is an explosive temper. If it had to happen, I'm just happy it didn't happen in the workroom with the super fans present. He may be gone, but he left an imprint of himself forever in the digital world.

I haven't commented too much on the fashion this season because I am tired of off kilter hems, particularly the high/lows. That pulled drape of Helen's looked just like that - what one would see in a room with a swagged drape on a rod. I blame the Mermaid dresses for all of this look. I especially hate the high in front, low in back dresses on stage performers because of viewing angles that are not flattering. OKAY - off my high horse.

Interesting that since Kate pulled Helen along on their shared challenge that Helen has been winning challenge after challenge.

It was the fan's name in script on the diagonal of the dress Justin designed. That is what made it one of a kind for her.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

My daughter and I were talking about the Super Fans and how they must feel having watched the show up until this point.

I'm guessing that they were aware of their episode - and only their episode - at the time it filmed. They knew nothing of Ken's behavior in previous challenges or anything about the designers that were sent home already.

While it would still be a great honor to have been chosen as a Super Fan, I'd be pissed at knowing I could have had Jeremy design something for me, but instead, I got stuck with Ken . . . . who's name is remarkable similar to Ven, who had the same kind of mindset in a similar challenge and did just as poorly.

I was not at all surprised when Ken made the comment about "Tim is talking but all I hear is blah, blah, blah . . . . . ". If I hadn't wanted to smack him before, I would have wanted to this time.
    pikachu, jucamer and Babbred like this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    I was not at all surprised when Ken made the comment about "Tim is talking but all I hear is blah, blah, blah . . . . . ". If I hadn't wanted to smack him before, I would have wanted to this time.
    You're absolutely right! Nobody disrespects Tim Gunn!

I had forgotten that part with everything that happened later in the episode but it burned me up at the time. Tim has never been anything but supportive to Ken and this is how Ken talks about Tim??

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    You're absolutely right! Nobody disrespects Tim Gunn!

I had forgotten that part with everything that happened later in the episode but it burned me up at the time. Tim has never been anything but supportive to Ken and this is how Ken talks about Tim??
    Wow, I didn't realize that as far as comment to Tim. Ken really has some issues... as bad if not worse than this season of "Big Brother."

BTW - I'm what is considered plus, and I'd rather have Ven's origami roses far more than Ken's dress. That said, Ven probably would've put me in that embarrassment of a dress he did for the girl that challenge.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast