+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: 9/12 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

9/12 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

"Let's Do Brunch" The designers must cater to 'a modern Southern woman'. Hmm...

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 9/12 - PR12 Show Discussion **SPOILERS**

I'm actually quite irritated with what's going on. Jeremy's is actually what they would sell in Belk, and Dom is actually creative. Ken should be eliminated but I have a feeling they're keeping him for drama purposes hence the redesign.

And it irritates the daylights out of me that they seem to think you have to have a certain print in order to be a Southern woman.

Yep, The judges are idiots because they kept drama over skills. I cannot believe Ken is still in this show over Jeremy when Ken sasses the judges with this first look the second licky has makes the girl look like a tramp.... Not a Southern Belle. Jeremy's was better.

Plus as much as I love DOM... her dress actually has been produced and other stores as if you have it fight for your life, you should not have your dress produced.

I think the previews are telling, and I'm hoping that can get thrown out in Jeremy is allowed another chance because he deserves another chance.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Once again, I totally disagree with the judges. I live in Tallahassee, FL which is in the south and I can tell you that Jeremy's first dress was exactly what I see women wearing around here when they dress up, day or evening. I don't see women wearing drapy gowns, PLAIDS, or shirt dresses. I thought Jeremy should have won and I also liked Justin's dress and Dom's.

I thought Ken should have gone home, for his too simple first dress, the quality of his body of work up to now, and for his bad attitude.

The South doesn't necessarily mean small town or country. Women in Miami are still in the south and would have a more urban look. I do think the majority of designers didn't understand the challenge, which was kind of shocking.

BTW, I didn't like the back of Dom's second dress. I didn't understand the drooping straps. It just made the dress look messy to me. I would have preferred a more close to the body look instead of those drooping straps that seemed to serve no purpose.

One more thing...why didn't any of the bottom designers choose Braden to assist them??? He won the frickin' challenge and the judges said he was the only one that got it. It seems to me it would have been natural to snag him! Maybe they were told they couldn't pick him, or he declined to help (which I couldn't see him doing).

It's hard to keep watching this show when I so frequently disagree with the judges. Plus I get so sick of the designer drama. As has been mentioned by others, talentless designers are kept because they bring drama to the show while designers who have more skills are sent home. That gets so annoying! I have to wonder if some designers are sent home because they're a threat to the judges' choice winning.
    Last edited by pikachu; 09-12-2013 at 11:45 PM.
    jadewarlock, Babbred and JohnnyK like this.

I think Ken is such a two faced hypocrite. Several episodes ago when Helen asked Tim a question and Ken asked her what it was about she told him she wasn't going to say Ken blew up at her. But at the being of this episode when the others are asking Ken who the Belk Southern Woman is he wouldn't say. I also thought his parting shot at Jeremy was just plain nasty..as far as hoping some grandma would buy his dress. Ken can't even be gracious when he has been saved. Other designers have been as snarky but when they say it, it comes across a funny but when Ken says it it seems to come from a dark, mean place inside his shriveled up soul.

I am surprised they judges saved Ken over Jeremy but to be honest I think this is one of those cases where the producers stepped in and saved Ken because he creates drama in the house and he will continue to do so per the preview of next week's episode.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 09-13-2013 at 12:19 AM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I think Ken is such a two faced hypocrite. Several episodes ago when Helen asked Tim a question and Ken asked her what it was about she told him she wasn't going to say Ken blew up at her. But at the being of this episode when the others are asking Ken who the Belk Southern Woman is he wouldn't say. I also thought his parting shot at Jeremy was just plain nasty..as far as hoping some grandma would buy his dress. Ken can't even be gracious when he has been saved.

I am surprised they judges saved Ken over Jeremy but to be honest I think this is one of those cases where the producers stepped in and saved Ken because he creates drama in the house and he will continue to do so per the preview of next week's episode.
    Trust me - I'm in my 30s, don't normally wear a dress (they are impractical in my job)...

But I'd pick BOTH of Jeremy's far before I'd pick Ken's tart dress.

And I've seen nicer NIGHTGOWNS than what Ken first produced.

I mean, come on he had a RACER'S STRAP BACK on a dress that did NOT need it on that redesign.

Not to mention he was safe LAST week on an outfit that not only was ill made, it's something that is ALREADY in stores. I mean, say what you will about Alexandria's poopy pants ... she at LEAST created something you don't see in stores (good or bad reason, she thought outside the box).

I now deeply regret saying that Michelle last season didn't deserve a second chance after not following the rules of the Nina Garcia challenge... She deserved it FAR MORE than Ken did. He should've been out, because first go - Jeremy may have had it "old" but it was wearable in the day.

Ken produced a nightgown to sleep in from the looks of things. Second go - as Bearcata mentioned, Jeremy's is actually something you'd see people wear every day (and evening), and Ken's, well... I've said enough of my opinion of it (well no, not to mention again I've seen a dress looking EXACTLY like that in a store, minus the racer back. Jeremy has had a similar one out there, but it's more of a shirt, not a dress).

Jeremy is full class, but even he could smell the BS from miles away - more than the 40 between a cattle town and big city (and yes, you can smell a feedlot from that distance if just right). He put it in perspective - he'd get to see his kids (and I'm sure husband) sooner.

I hope that if there is a contestant from this season's "PR" on the new all stars it's him. He was TRULY robbed.

Oh... and BTW - Belk does sell outfits like Jeremy's. They shouldn't lie to us when we can do research.

As I cannot put in links - look at their web site, click on complete looks. You will see designs by Cynthia Rowley that border on the more matronly look and a few jackets that were similar to Jeremy's "madam" look. (Which - if they're meaning that as the "protecting dorm mother of the ladies of the evening" madam, they're really mixed up... unless they go more "Best Little Whorehouse in Texas.")

OK, I'm sorry, but there is no real reason Ken should've won, not with that outfit and NOT with his attitude.

Dragonlady likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I think Ken is such a two faced hypocrite. Several episodes ago when Helen asked Tim a question and Ken asked her what it was about she told him she wasn't going to say Ken blew up at her. But at the being of this episode when the others are asking Ken who the Belk Southern Woman is he wouldn't say. I also thought his parting shot at Jeremy was just plain nasty..as far as hoping some grandma would buy his dress. Ken can't even be gracious when he has been saved. Other designers have been as snarky but when they say it, it comes across a funny but when Ken says it it seems to come from a dark, mean place inside his shriveled up soul.

I completely agree. In fact, I was thinking exactly the same thing when Ken was refusing to talk about modern southern women! And he had the nerve to comment on it like he was completely reasonable!!

Clearly he is going to go off again next week. He talked in a commentary about how sometimes he "boils over", but this is WAY beyond getting angry. He seriously has some issues coping with his anger because typical people do not react this way, even in highly stressful situations.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

NOOO Jeremy

Hopefully Ken gets three strikes next week! I want him gone! And Kate too! I still have a grudge against her!

Go Bradon! Nobody else deserves to win!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I'm actually going with an Alex (either one), Dom, and Bradon F3 now.
    ladygreco likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I completely agree. In fact, I was thinking exactly the same thing when Ken was refusing to talk about modern southern women! And he had the nerve to comment on it like he was completely reasonable!!

Clearly he is going to go off again next week. He talked in a commentary about how sometimes he "boils over", but this is WAY beyond getting angry. He seriously has some issues coping with his anger because typical people do not react this way, even in highly stressful situations.
    I'm putting this in spoilers only because it's a detail in the teaser for next week that could become a potential spoiler:

Click to see Spoiler:
    given that we see production in the apartment room when Ken and Alexander (I think it's him if not him Braden) are having their knock down-drag out argument... we may be seeing Ken ejected from the show. That should allow Jeremy to return for a second chance then, and it'd be much deserved.

I you look at where you see the bathroom area(?) there is a woman in the shot whom I haven't seen as a contestant.

I mean SERIOUSLY, Sandro was bad, but I will say this much - he had small telegraphs that at least would let people know when to back off. Plus, even if it was production induced some, he was a man to actually apologize, and I felt his was more sincere than anything Ken has attempted. (In fact Ken rudely dismissed Sandro's apology in a private interview).

In my job, I could (and have) dealt with a Sandro type... to the point they got fired. Ken reminds me of someone who continued to belittle me, act superior contrary to what he produced... and within 4 months burned out from burning the candle at both ends. I have little sympathy for the Ken types.

And Ken knows as much about a true modern day southern woman as I do quilting (meaning pretty durn little). It said it in BOTH of his dresses. I mean - Jeremy may have been "Designing Woman" southern woman first go, but it was more southern.

I do want to comment on the winning look - I did like Braden's dress a lot. It was modern and elegant for a plaid print dress. Karen's did have a bit of a "pregnant belly" type look to the skirt, but it wasn't that bad. I did like the pattern and how she matched it up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast